2016-2017 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had a chance to interview here a couple of days ago, absolutely loved it here!

Members don't see this ad :)
II. Submitted secondary 7/26. Int. set for 11/28

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected on Monday post-II. Sucks...only II so far
Sorry about that, if you got an II here I am sure you will get more , there's a lot of IIs given out in the next couple months I understand

complete 7/23
rejected pre-II 10/20
LizzyM 70-75
OOS
first time applicant

My friend and I got interview invites two days ago, but neither of us received an email. Friend just found out by logging on the portal. It says they sent an email on the communications page, but nothing in either of our emails. Just a heads up to check the portal in case you received a II!

Hey guys! I got my interview invite on Friday and i scheduled for January (first I could get). Anyone who has done it have any tips about the day? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hey also...to those interviewed, check your portal just in case. I never received my rejection e-mail, but it was in my portal (sent Monday).

Members don't see this ad :)
You got an early interview. I guess some people cancelled. I got an II a month before you and had to schedule in January :lame:
My apologies. When I scheduled there were quite a few options open for that range. Not sure what to tell you

Complete early july and still no communication from them x.x

Reactions: 3 users
found a rejection email in my spam box from yesterday
75-76 LizzyM
oos

good luck to all those in the running still!

I just found an II in my spam box from a couple days ago--LM low 70's, complete early September. Earliest dates available were early January.

Reactions: 2 users
I just found an II in my spam box from a couple days ago--LM low 70's, complete early September. Earliest dates available were early January.

I bet your post made everyone frantically check their spam folder only to be disappointed :p

For those of you who already interviewed, how long did your two interviews last? And did you have one faculty and one student interviewer?

Withdrew today :) hope it goes to one of you :) best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who already interviewed, how long did your two interviews last? And did you have one faculty and one student interviewer?

1 hour each and yup yup! Faculty and MS4

Not all interviews are with one faculty and one student. I had 2 faculty, one PhD and one MD. Interviewed in October

Reactions: 1 user
Got the waitlist email a few weeks back. I responded to it (as requested) expressing my intent to remain on the waitlist, but have not received a reply since. Did anyone else get a confirmation?

Also- does Rochester reject anyone post II?

Completed mine around early September and haven't heard back yet..Is that a good thing? or they haven't reviewed September people yet? hmmm

I heard a few weeks ago and was offered an interview. Completed in September. Not sure their timeline or if they haven't discussed everyone or not.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Completed mine around early September and haven't heard back yet..Is that a good thing? or they haven't reviewed September people yet? hmmm

I was complete first week of august.. so many people have either received interviews or been rejected who were complete after me, so hoping no news is good news in this case.

Reactions: 4 users
So silent rejection here is definitely not a thing, right?

So decisions should be coming out soon! (When looking at past years) ... has anyone heard recently ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got the acceptance call a few minutes ago. Almost crashed my car I was so excited!! Haha

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ One of my top choices for sure. Thought I performed poorly on the interviews. Words can't explain my emotions...