2016-2017 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ One of my top choices for sure. Thought I performed poorly on the interviews. Words can't explain my emotions...
How were you notified? Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted too!!!! Yay!!!! Has anyone received the email yet? It doesn't seem real without written confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling like I might be getting rejected Post-II :(

Someone call meee....

Feeling like I might be getting rejected Post-II :(

Someone call meee....
It's not over yet for you!!! At my interview, they told us that they don't accept many people outright until February (when the multiple acceptance list comes out) because then they have a better idea of what their yield will be.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Is there much hope for those of us who still haven't received a decision Pre-II? Been complete here since July. :/

It's not over yet for you!!! At my interview, they told us that they don't accept many people outright until February (when the multiple acceptance list comes out) because then they have a better idea of what their yield will be.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Thanks, that made me feel better haha. Rochester is one of my top choices so I'm really hoping for some good news today or tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!! Looking for a friendly current student to answer some questions if anyone has time :)

Rejected pre-II today, complete mid-August. The rejection letter (which basically goes, "It's not you, it's us -- us not wanting you" LOL) went to my spam folder.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone at all? Lol

Not too different than the other interviews Ive been to. 2 casual conversations for about an hour. One 15 minute group discussion on a random topic. Anything in specific you want to know?

Not too different than the other interviews Ive been to. 2 casual conversations for about an hour. One 15 minute group discussion on a random topic. Anything in specific you want to know?

Is the group discussion about an ethical topic?

Also, on the portal I noticed they gave the room numbers for the interviews- did you have to find your interviewers or did they take you there?

Is the group discussion about an ethical topic?

Also, on the portal I noticed they gave the room numbers for the interviews- did you have to find your interviewers or did they take you there?

Talking to the students there during interview day, I heard the topic could be about anything.

You need to find the room yourself, but you have so much downtime that you don't need to be worried about getting lost/late.

Talking to the students there during interview day, I heard the topic could be about anything.

You need to find the room yourself, but you have so much downtime that you don't need to be worried about getting lost/late.
Great, thank you!

Interviewing next week and the portal was a bit vague... would someone be interested in sharing a quick run down of the day's activities?

Is the portal down? I'm interviewing next month and for some reason I get an error page when I log into the portal
Edit: It's working now

Last edited:
Interviewing next week and the portal was a bit vague... would someone be interested in sharing a quick run down of the day's activities?
Real chill, coffee/tea, an intro, explanation of day's activities, 2 interviews staggered throughout the rest of the day, some people have them before/after lunch, lunch with med students + tour of school, group discussion facilitated by associate dean on some random topic, you can visit classes throughout the day or after if you have down time.

was accepted here last week, good luck!

Real chill, coffee/tea, an intro, explanation of day's activities, 2 interviews staggered throughout the rest of the day, some people have them before/after lunch, lunch with med students + tour of school, group discussion facilitated by associate dean on some random topic, you can visit classes throughout the day or after if you have down time.

was accepted here last week, good luck!
Congrats! When did you interview?

For those that sent in the reply form and deposit did you get an email or a confirmation of any kind?

Is admissions open to receiving update letters?

II just now. Complete towards the end of August. OOS. LizzyM ~70, non URM. There are interview dates available in January.

Hey

I'm a MS2 at the UofR. Post your questions! I'll try to answer them in a timely manner, but end of the year is kinda stressful, so may take a while

The MS1s should have replied...freaking slackers. TBF they're in one of the toughest blocks of med school right now

Oh and to the folks who were rejectees: Don't give up hope! I was a reapp, and the second cyle around got into quite a few schools, with little change other than applying early

Hey

I'm a MS2 at the UofR. Post your questions! I'll try to answer them in a timely manner, but end of the year is kinda stressful, so may take a while

The MS1s should have replied...freaking slackers. TBF they're in one of the toughest blocks of med school right now

So general question, but what was the knockout factor that made you choose Rochester? How close are you to your classmates? When I interviewed everybody seemed pretty stressed, but that may have just been the time of year (late Sept, early October)

Pre-II reject email today; complete since late August.

Edit: @linsanity17 we might be the same person lol

Rejected as well. That's 2 for me today! Hope it's the last!

Not yet rejected today but instead received an email about their interdisciplinary MS in medical humanities...anyone else?

Not yet rejected today but instead received an email about their interdisciplinary MS in medical humanities...anyone else?

Did you take that survey awhile back and say you were interested in a MS/MD in Med Humanities? Maybe that's why.

Did you take that survey awhile back and say you were interested in a MS/MD in Med Humanities? Maybe that's why.
Ah -- I completely forget what I put for that survey, but I definitely completed it. That's probably it -- thanks!

Anyone complete in July and still waiting?