2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow you turned that around really fast!

To be fair I had pre-written these essays... as I imagine a lot of the members who submitted in late June/early July did. If only I'd been that proactive with the other secondaries. But at least I'm done with them all now... so nothing but sit back and pray (oh and work... gotta make a living after all).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally received this secondary today! I'm a little unsure if I should answer the "if you have already received your bachelor's degree, plans for upcoming year" question, as I graduate this December. Should I leave it blank because I haven't yet graduated, or should I include my plans for my gap semester? Thoughts?

Finally received this secondary today! I'm a little unsure if I should answer the "if you have already received your bachelor's degree, plans for upcoming year" question, as I graduate this December. Should I leave it blank because I haven't yet graduated, or should I include my plans for my gap semester? Thoughts?
Same boat as you and I left it blank as I have yet to graduate which is what the question is asking

Alright so I just FINALLY got an e-mail. I was verified mid june and they just sent an email to the portal so I can check my status. But still haven't been sent a secondary. Is this normal?

Same here except I got the email last week july 25th and still no secondary app yet... :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If it helps, I still haven't received a secondary and I go verified like 6/24. At this point, I'm just going to assume that I got screened out which is like okay but I have a LizzyM that's 72+.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If it helps, I was verified on the first day and just got the secondary yesterday. You'll get one in an upcoming batch

Members don't see this ad :)
If it helps, I was verified on the first day and just got the secondary yesterday. You'll get one in an upcoming batch
Thank you! and oh wow...i was verified june 13th and got their status email July 25th ill keep waiting

I submitted here recently but haven't received a 'complete' email. Has anyone received one yet?

I submitted here recently but haven't received a 'complete' email. Has anyone received one yet?

I am wondering the same thing. I submitted my secondary 7/29 and have not received an email confirming that my app is complete.

I am wondering the same thing. I submitted my secondary 7/29 and have not received an email confirming that my app is complete.
+1 but 7/27

Edit: This is what the secondary email says about it "Once you submit your application you will see a message on your screen stating that your application has been submitted. Our office downloads secondary applications once per week for processing. Once the secondary application has been downloaded, we will verify that your letters of evaluation are loaded into AMCAS prior to sending you notification via email that your file is complete and ready for review. We will not review applications for those applicants who do not have the stated letters of evaluation uploaded in AMCAS."

It doesn't sound like anyone has received this email, so they might just be behind a little bit.

Edit again: got the complete email like 5 minutes after I posted this haha...

Last edited:
+1 but 7/27

Edit: This is what the secondary email says about it "Once you submit your application you will see a message on your screen stating that your application has been submitted. Our office downloads secondary applications once per week for processing. Once the secondary application has been downloaded, we will verify that your letters of evaluation are loaded into AMCAS prior to sending you notification via email that your file is complete and ready for review. We will not review applications for those applicants who do not have the stated letters of evaluation uploaded in AMCAS."

It doesn't sound like anyone has received this email, so they might just be behind a little bit.

Thanks for checking!

I just got a complete email even though I submitted my essays 7/21 and my LORs have been in since June :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
Really thought it was an II for a second

Reactions: 8 users
Got an email that said my 3-week deadline was approaching, though I never got the secondary in the first place.

Assuming you've already checked your junk/clutter folders, I would definitely call them!

Really thought it was an II for a second
Every email gives me a mini-heart attack these days. I've been sorting anything that isn't from a medical school straight to spam, just so that I survive these next few months.

Reactions: 3 users
I got the complete email today too. Much quicker turnaround for me... but now the long wait begins. Good luck to everyone!

Got the complete email. Let the wait for the II begin!

Looks like II's went out the 7th last year so maybe we'll hear something next week!

It looks like that was the case the 2 years prior as well. Hopefully we hear something next week.

for those of you who have already submitted, how long were your responses? Did you get close to 400 words for each one?

I feel all the pain because I want all the love.

What was the secondary application fee for WF? I cannot find my receipt and I am trying to keep tabs on all the money I am spending on these apps :/

What was the secondary application fee for WF? I cannot find my receipt and I am trying to keep tabs on all the money I am spending on these apps :/

$125 :(

Should I bother applying here if I only have a very small amount (~25 hours) of non-clinical community service?

Should I bother applying here if I only have a very small amount (~25 hours) of non-clinical community service?

I am not an adcom, so I may not be providing the most informed opinion. Here is what I think, though. 25 hours of volunteering would definitely be cause for concern. Many of the people applying have decent stats, so it is things like a dedication to service that makes people stand out. Not everyone with a 3.7/30 gets accepted. I don't know what the rest of your activities look like, but I would recommend more volunteer hours. Find something that you are passionate about and that will give you the motivation to continue doing it. It's not so much about the number of hours as much as it is about what you got out of it and how it made you grow as a person. This is why it is important to do something you find meaningful. Even with that said, I think that there is a minimum amount of hours that will show adcoms that you have a desire to serve others. Pick a few things that will show longitudinal commitment rather than lots of short-term activities.

I am not an adcom, so I may not be providing the most informed opinion. Here is what I think, though. 25 hours of volunteering would definitely be cause for concern. Many of the people applying have decent stats, so it is things like a dedication to service that makes people stand out. Not everyone with a 3.7/30 gets accepted. I don't know what the rest of your activities look like, but I would recommend more volunteer hours. Find something that you are passionate about and that will give you the motivation to continue doing it. It's not so much about the number of hours as much as it is about what you got out of it and how it made you grow as a person. This is why it is important to do something you find meaningful. Even with that said, I think that there is a minimum amount of hours that will show adcoms that you have a desire to serve others. Pick a few things that will show longitudinal commitment rather than lots of short-term activities.
That's the plan once I get done with all these stupid secondaries.

II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys. That was probably a little too much:oops:

Really excited about this one.:soexcited::clap:

Reactions: 6 users