2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys. That was probably a little too much:oops:

Really excited about this one.:soexcited::clap:

Congrats!!

Stats? Completion date? Come on, guys, you know the drill! Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess I'm not getting one in this wave. Darn, I had a good feeling about WF.

Reactions: 1 user
"Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview."

Does this mean I'm on hold?

"Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview."

I'm pretty sure that is just the application complete email that everyone gets. I can't say for certain though, as I haven't gotten an II yet.

This process is literally brutal i cannot shake the fear that there is something wrong with my application

Reactions: 2 users

Per their email after submitting the secondary, Wake Forest doesn't update your status unless you get an interview. So I don't believe there is a "hold" status and I took that to mean you just go from complete like your status says to either interview or rejection. I wouldn't read too much into it!

Anyone submit over 2 weeks ago and still no complete email?

if you are never in the first round of interviews does that mean they dont like you as much? Ive yet to be in the first round for any school

Members don't see this ad :)
II. Did not expect to hear from them honestly. 513 MCAT 3.54 uGPA and 4.0 gradGPA. little community service work but okay clinical experience. Zero research. Non traditional applicant (27 worked for years out of school but hated my job) submitted 6/7 at 10 am haha.

Reactions: 1 users
II. Did not expect to hear from them honestly. 513 MCAT 3.54 uGPA and 4.0 gradGPA. little community service work but okay clinical experience. Zero research. Non traditional applicant (27 worked for years out of school but hated my job) submitted 6/7 at 10 am haha.

Congratulations!! Always nice to see another career changer here:)

Congratulations!! Always nice to see another career changer here:)
Maturity is always a plus.

Reactions: 2 users
No. The reviewers and myself just got another download of >1000 applications yesterday. This process takes time. The first person to interview have the same chance as the very last person that interviews.
Thank you so much for responding! One more question, what about if I submitted my secondary pretty early on? The thing that freaks me out the most is when someone submits around the same day as me and gets an II while I have heard silence ...

Maturity is always a plus.[/QUOTE
Definitely understand that however, going through the process I wasn't sure the extent it would be valued. Greatly looking forward to my interview.

Anyone had trouble with the link to request to stay with a medical student during an interview? I can't get the link to work.

Any info on interview style? MMI vs traditional, # of interviewers, etc. II received.

Are sociology and psychology considered "traditional" pre-med requirements? I am asking because I know they started being heavily recommended recently and especially with the new MCAT as well.

Are sociology and psychology considered "traditional" pre-med requirements? I am asking because I know they started being heavily recommended recently and especially with the new MCAT as well.

Very few schools require it, most schools recommend it, and some schools don't have specific course requirements. Just look on individual school websites and see what they say. WF recommends but not requires them.

I was verified on 8/10 but haven't received a secondary yet, is anyone in a similar position as me?

Anyone here that submitted secondary in the week it was sent out and hasn't heard back?
I was wondering if wake is reviewing apps by order of submission or batches that contain specific time points which might be semi-rolling review since any app within time point of completion range can be seen?

Anyone here that submitted secondary in the week it was sent out and hasn't heard back?
I was wondering if wake is reviewing apps by order of submission or batches that contain specific time points which might be semi-rolling review since any app within time point of completion range can be seen?

It took them about 10-12 days to complete my app.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It took them about 10-12 days to complete my app.

I got completion mail a while back but I am worried since I have not heard anything back afterwards. The last sentence abt updating app only when interview provided got me thinking that no update would occur without news of ii. Oh and isn't it just so weird how September is almost already here? How time passes.

I got completion mail a while back but I am worried since I have not heard anything back afterwards. The last sentence abt updating app only when interview provided got me thinking that no update would occur without news of ii.

Yeah, not point in stressing over it though.

I got completion mail a while back but I am worried since I have not heard anything back afterwards. The last sentence abt updating app only when interview provided got me thinking that no update would occur without news of ii. Oh and isn't it just so weird how September is almost already here? How time passes.

Yes, that is correct. After the complete email, I didn't hear anything until my II. @Pathdocmd had indicated earlier in this thread that applications are reviewed chronologically for the most part. He made it sound like they download a certain number at a time for evaluation.

Yes, that is correct. After the complete email, I didn't hear anything until my II. @Pathdocmd had indicated earlier in this thread that applications are reviewed chronologically for the most part. He made it sound like they download a certain number at a time for evaluation.
Thanks. I think I might have been complete a little later since I had to do additional paperwork. I wonder in which time frame the committee is at right now since they might be at late July completers based on your completion date.

That's why we apply broadly and write eloquent secondaries lol

I don't think I applied to too many schools compared to sdn marker but definitely broad net based on which schools I identify best in terms of mission and student composition. It has surprised me just how thorough I was with my choices because I went from considering 42 schools to less than 20. Still wondering how I managed to do that lol.

We usually review files in order of receipt, IIs do not necessarily follow the same process. You may hear next month or in February.
Thanks for the quick response, I was getting worried abt the order of how the process works based off completion. So does admission reviews a candidate's file repeatedly for consideration of ii or once it reviews that applicant and decide to move forward, the file is reviewed usually if said applicant updates with a new activity/score? I am sure wake obtains a lot of applications so I guess I have always wondered how they determine these things.

We usually review files in order of receipt, IIs do not necessarily follow the same process. You may hear next month or in February.
Do you think it's a bad sign when you are completed early and every school is sending interviews out to people completed after you?

Do you think it's a bad sign when you are completed early and every school is sending interviews out to people completed after you?
Probably not the most qualified person to answer this but it's still so early and schools can't send out all of their interviews at once, I'd give it a month or two before getting worried

Thanks for the info! I am assuming that the applicants that you really like will hear sooner about an II.

For the challenge question, did you all write about more than one challenge, because they mention it in plural?

For the challenge question, did you all write about more than one challenge, because they mention it in plural?

I talked about a challenge related to a project at work. I assumed it is asking about one challenge or one situation that has multiple aspects that are challenging. I'm sure its not asking about multiple challenges that you've experienced because you wouldn't be able to adequately explain then all and what you learned. I would choose one and expound on it in sufficient detail.