Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not too sure I would draw that much attention. I have a low CARS score too and I gave it a concise one sentence explanation. I think regardless of how you explain it, it's going to factor into whether or not you get an interview, and if you do, then that will be the time to make your defense. Just my opinion, and that's what I have decided to do.I've been reading threads to see things I should not say but there's so much contradicting information out there that I decided to just be honest. I'm planning on saying something along the lines of "I do not know what happened with CARS. Although I knew it was my weakest section when studying, I do not think it as weak as I made it out to be on the MCAT. For a better understanding of where I stand in reading comprehension, please look over my grades from my English courses. As for critical analysis, the new MCAT is designed to be this for all sections. Since I did well on the other sections, I believe my CARS score should not reflect on either my reading comprehension or critical analysis. I am ready and eager to take on the course load given to students by medical schools"
If you have a better idea of what to include or not include, any help is greatly appreciated. Time was also a problem for me but others were like don't mention that you ran out of time.
