2017-2018 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This morning at 10:02 AM, I got a call from Dr. Vallejo. We talked a few minuted about parents and school before he extended an offer of acceptance. Before the call, saying that I was frustrated with BCM was an understatement. I had already accepted an offer at another school and was ready to study there. That being said, when life gives you lemons... Best of luck to everyone still waiting; I will do my best to amend this messed-up system. Like everyone, I hate Baylor's communication. I did send a letter of intent on the first of May. I also have a feeling that the letter helped my chances. @BCMClassof2022 can't wait to meet y'all
Congrats!!

To those who have submitted a Letter of Intent, did you email it to the Baylor admissions address? Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got a call from Texas...PLANO, Texas ...happy Saturday to me. I know this thread & this cycle are pretty much dead now so this will probably be my last post, but just wanted to again congratulate everyone who has been accepted! Still holding out a slim amount of hope, but I hope Baylor is ready to read my new and improved application this June .

Reactions: 5 users
Tried checking my portal for my status today and got an error message. Does anyone else have this?

I guess this means game over :(

Don't be disappointed! You got into a great in state medical school - that is quite an accomplishment! Either way, you are going to be a physician and that is what matters.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't be disappointed! You got into a great in state medical school - that is quite an accomplishment! Either way, you are going to be a physician and that is what matters.

Thanks! Congrats to you too! :) Yes I am so lucky

DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU DON"T WANT TO HEAR AN ANTI BAYLOR RANT

Wow it's really crickets on this thread. I just want to say and this is my final post on this topic; the way this school does things is RIDICULOUS and RUDE. You simply cannot leave people with NO IDEA where they stand (other than a 2 sentence wl email) for 8 months. How come all the top 10 schools are able to notify in March?? There is no way I believe that this utter lack of consideration doesn't continue in some way at the school This is the only school that does things this way. And so different than from how I understand the rest of the Texas schools do things from and let's face it. With 90% coming from IS it's basically a state school at this point.

I would never give up my other T20 acceptance to go here so I want to withdraw so badly from this place but then another part of me wants to get in so I can say "yeah. No"

Thank you Baylor lovers for letting me rant!!! Good luck to all who want to matriculate here especially my fellow OOS'ers!!

I know this thread is dead now, but I just wanted to second your opinion on the off chance that someone with some sort of power in Baylor admissions reads this thread and tries to make a difference. I've applied to Baylor two times and have been wait-listed and eventually rejected both times. During these two years, their communication has been inconsiderate to say the least. They keep you in the dark for the majority of the application process, never respond to any of your emails, send you a rejection letter well after probably knowing you have no chance in hell, and when you call them to ask about anything, they act like you've called the White House asking for nuke codes. I've heard the argument of: "Well, they're the best in Texas so they can do whatever they want," but I've had better experiences with Ivy League schools that rank much higher than Baylor nationally, so I don't think their high ranking alone is a good excuse.

Congrats to everyone that got in. Baylor seems like a great place for a medical education and it seems they're more communicative with their matriculants, so I'm sure y'all are gonna be fine. But you would do a huge favor to future applicants if you can tell Baylor about their communication problems with applicants who aren't accepted early in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
I know this thread is dead now, but I just wanted to second your opinion on the off chance that someone with some sort of power in Baylor admissions reads this thread and tries to make a difference. I've applied to Baylor two times and have been wait-listed and eventually rejected both times. During these two years, their communication has been inconsiderate to say the least. They keep you in the dark for the majority of the application process, never respond to any of your emails, send you a rejection letter well after probably knowing you have no chance in hell, and when you call them to ask about anything, they act like you've called the White House asking for nuke codes. I've heard the argument of: "Well, they're the best in Texas so they can do whatever they want," but I've had better experiences with Ivy League schools that rank much higher than Baylor nationally, so I don't think their high ranking alone is a good excuse.

Congrats to everyone that got in. Baylor seems like a great place for a medical education and it seems they're more communicative with their matriculants, so I'm sure y'all are gonna be fine. But you would do a huge favor to future applicants if you can tell Baylor about their communication problems with applicants who aren't accepted early in the cycle.
Absolutely!! Could not agree more. And to reiterate your point they were the absolute worst school of the 19 I applied to. The lack of consideration is appalling. Believe me if Harvard, Columbia, Cornell and Penn can pick a day to notify applicants then so can the "best school in Texas". If I were applying again, which thank GOD I'm not, I would apply to every single school I applied to again, even the ones that didn't give me an interview, over this place which did give me an interview.
Edit Wait. Except for Einstein. They were horrible too. I would never apply there again.

Called admissions this morning. The class is full. I’m not sure why we haven’t received an email...

They usually don't send out about the class being full or end of waitlist until the end of June, so don't give up hope!

From the perspective of some one who was accepted... Baylor has been great with communication. The acceptance call was personal. The subsequent emails have been full of info and second look was great. I get being frustrated by the waiting game though.

Reactions: 2 users
From the perspective of some one who was accepted... Baylor has been great with communication. The acceptance call was personal. The subsequent emails have been full of info and second look was great. I get being frustrated by the waiting game though.

Lucky you! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user