-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Boston University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I received one as well about an hour ago. People accepted in January - any correlation between this email and acceptance?
I got it before getting deferred in January and again now. I think they just do it for everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those who are interviewing now, did Dean Witzburg tell you when to expect a final decision? I'm deferred but when I interviewed back in November he specifically said "expect an update or final decision first friday in January." Anyone hearing something similar for the final decisions in March?
Last years thread had acceptances early March around 7th or 9th if I rememberThose who are interviewing now, did Dean Witzburg tell you when to expect a final decision? I'm deferred but when I interviewed back in November he specifically said "expect an update or final decision first friday in January." Anyone hearing something similar for the final decisions in March?
I was accepted in Jan and got it for the first time on FridayI received one as well about an hour ago. People accepted in January - any correlation between this email and acceptance?
So I really want to show interest in BU. I was thinking of submitting a letter of intent to the admissions committee as well as a letter from a research supervisor. I'm a little apprehensive though because nothing is really new. The email from Dean Witzburg asks for new significant work that is new. Any thoughts? I just dont want to sit and do nothing, but I want to make sure everything I submit is meaningful.
Can anyone who has gotten in say when the second look day is? I was deferred in January and want to make sure I'm free that day just in case!
Yep, it's April 14
I thought decisions weren’t coming out until mid-March?Everyone, I emailed one of the admissions ambassadors about BU. The ambassador mentioned that the committee met on Wednesday to make their final decisions. AHHHHH! just useless info that I thought I should share.
Yeah it seems silly that BU would make all their decisions and then sit on them for 3 weeks. Maybe they started making decisions, but have more to go? Or maybe we'll hear back sooner than expected.I thought decisions weren’t coming out until mid-March?
The last interview is happening mid Feb according to what I read earlier so anything is possible. Does anyone else have info?
I thought it was strange too, but that's what I was told. Maybe it was only for my group? But I thought BU was going to review everyone in one batch, not separately. IDK, they could very well be sitting on them...Yeah it seems silly that BU would make all their decisions and then sit on them for 3 weeks. Maybe they started making decisions, but have more to go? Or maybe we'll hear back sooner than expected.
The last interview is happening mid Feb according to what I read earlier so anything is possible. Does anyone else have info?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it seems silly that BU would make all their decisions and then sit on them for 3 weeks. Maybe they started making decisions, but have more to go? Or maybe we'll hear back sooner than expected.
The last interview is happening mid Feb according to what I read earlier so anything is possible. Does anyone else have info?
I though the last interview was the end of January? But I could be remembering wrong.
the secondary portal says early February
I personally think everything happens about a week earlier than what the portal says (Mid-Jan for rd 1; mid-feb for last interviews; mid-march for rd 2). Regardless, we should find out about acceptances on March 9th or so considering last year's group heard back on March 7th. Only a month to go!
Anyone know when BU sends out financial aid? This school is #1 in my heart, but its so expensive to live in Boston 😢
Anyone know when BU sends out financial aid? This school is #1 in my heart, but its so expensive to live in Boston 😢
I was told we would hear in the first week of March
Everyone, I emailed one of the admissions ambassadors about BU. The ambassador mentioned that the committee met on Wednesday to make their final decisions. AHHHHH! just useless info that I thought I should share.
Would this mean that sending a LOI now would essentially be useless?
I dont know. I talked to an investigator who did his med degree at BU, and he said that it wouldn't surprise him that the committee met early in February. He said maybe they need to make decisions and then se the next coming weeks to talk to trustees and other BU officials... Idk.Would this mean that sending a LOI now would essentially be useless?
In Dean Witzburg's email, he said to send anything in by early February, or the earliest you possibly can. If you're serious about BU, then I say send it in! It wouldn't hurt.
I'm deciding between a couple of schools-- any advice from current BU students would be appreciated!
current student & happy to answer questions about bu. anyone can feel free to pm me. have to preface this with the fact that i don't know anything about admissions so don't ask me about that.
That will be great - still waiting on a deferred decision - interviewed early September🤔current student & happy to answer questions about bu. anyone can feel free to pm me. have to preface this with the fact that i don't know anything about admissions so don't ask me about that.
D
deleted870337
I got it too, I was deferred in JanReceived it as well.. same thoughts.. were you accepted here yet?
STOP SENDING ME EMAILS THAT ARE NOT DECISIONS PLS
+1 interviewed in Sep - deferred in JanI got it too, I was deferred in Jan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when in March they will make their final decisions? I was thinking mid-March, but they sent out decisions in early January, so I'm thinking it might be early March (i.e. like this Friday).
Last year, I think a bunch of people found out on March 7, so I think it'll be around that date for us.Does anyone know when in March they will make their final decisions? I was thinking mid-March, but they sent out decisions in early January, so I'm thinking it might be early March (i.e. like this Friday).
Anyone know what scale of merit aid BU offers?
Yes I got it tooSo was that diversity email sent to everybody then?
It’s early March, can we start freaking out about decisions yet?
I believe they said by March 7th, so be a little patient.It’s early March, can we start freaking out about decisions yet?
I have been freaking out about decisions since August 😛It’s early March, can we start freaking out about decisions yet?
Decisions historically come out this week. We’ll here by Friday 🙂
Thank you so much!Withdrew my acceptance here, good luck to those still waiting!
Good luck to all those waiting to hear back this week 😀 I wish we could all be classmates!
I received a 10k/year scholarship, and I've only heard of 5k and 10k/year so far.Anyone know what scale of merit aid BU offers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hear back what? admission decisions?Does anyone know what time people normally hear back?
...so today wasn’t the day. 😱
Are schools shutting down in Boston due to the snow? Decisions might get pushed back if they can’t come in :/
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K