2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received one as well about an hour ago. People accepted in January - any correlation between this email and acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same email last year, it means nothing

I received one as well about an hour ago. People accepted in January - any correlation between this email and acceptance?

I got it before getting deferred in January and again now. I think they just do it for everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
It might not be a perfect correlation, but I'm wondering if r>0. I saw on page 10 that there's at least one person that received it and was accepted.

It's likely that none of us have the data or knowledge to be able to confirm whether r=0 or r>0

Those who are interviewing now, did Dean Witzburg tell you when to expect a final decision? I'm deferred but when I interviewed back in November he specifically said "expect an update or final decision first friday in January." Anyone hearing something similar for the final decisions in March?

Reactions: 1 user
Those who are interviewing now, did Dean Witzburg tell you when to expect a final decision? I'm deferred but when I interviewed back in November he specifically said "expect an update or final decision first friday in January." Anyone hearing something similar for the final decisions in March?
Last years thread had acceptances early March around 7th or 9th if I remember

I was accepted in Jan and got it for the first time on Friday

So I really want to show interest in BU. I was thinking of submitting a letter of intent to the admissions committee as well as a letter from a research supervisor. I'm a little apprehensive though because nothing is really new. The email from Dean Witzburg asks for new significant work that is new. Any thoughts? I just dont want to sit and do nothing, but I want to make sure everything I submit is meaningful.

Can anyone who has gotten in say when the second look day is? I was deferred in January and want to make sure I'm free that day just in case!

Everyone, I emailed one of the admissions ambassadors about BU. The ambassador mentioned that the committee met on Wednesday to make their final decisions. AHHHHH! just useless info that I thought I should share.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone, I emailed one of the admissions ambassadors about BU. The ambassador mentioned that the committee met on Wednesday to make their final decisions. AHHHHH! just useless info that I thought I should share.
I thought decisions weren’t coming out until mid-March?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought decisions weren’t coming out until mid-March?
Yeah it seems silly that BU would make all their decisions and then sit on them for 3 weeks. Maybe they started making decisions, but have more to go? Or maybe we'll hear back sooner than expected.

The last interview is happening mid Feb according to what I read earlier so anything is possible. Does anyone else have info?

Yeah it seems silly that BU would make all their decisions and then sit on them for 3 weeks. Maybe they started making decisions, but have more to go? Or maybe we'll hear back sooner than expected.

The last interview is happening mid Feb according to what I read earlier so anything is possible. Does anyone else have info?
I thought it was strange too, but that's what I was told. Maybe it was only for my group? But I thought BU was going to review everyone in one batch, not separately. IDK, they could very well be sitting on them...

I though the last interview was the end of January? But I could be remembering wrong.

the secondary portal says early February

I personally think everything happens about a week earlier than what the portal says (Mid-Jan for rd 1; mid-feb for last interviews; mid-march for rd 2). Regardless, we should find out about acceptances on March 9th or so considering last year's group heard back on March 7th. Only a month to go!

I'm deciding between a couple of schools-- any advice from current BU students would be appreciated!

Anyone know when BU sends out financial aid? This school is #1 in my heart, but its so expensive to live in Boston :cryi:

Would this mean that sending a LOI now would essentially be useless?

Would this mean that sending a LOI now would essentially be useless?
I dont know. I talked to an investigator who did his med degree at BU, and he said that it wouldn't surprise him that the committee met early in February. He said maybe they need to make decisions and then se the next coming weeks to talk to trustees and other BU officials... Idk.

In Dean Witzburg's email, he said to send anything in by early February, or the earliest you possibly can. If you're serious about BU, then I say send it in! It wouldn't hurt.

I'm deciding between a couple of schools-- any advice from current BU students would be appreciated!

current student & happy to answer questions about bu. anyone can feel free to pm me. have to preface this with the fact that i don't know anything about admissions so don't ask me about that.

current student & happy to answer questions about bu. anyone can feel free to pm me. have to preface this with the fact that i don't know anything about admissions so don't ask me about that.
That will be great - still waiting on a deferred decision - interviewed early September:unsure:

Just got diversity outreach email from BUSM..seems a little random

Reactions: 2 users
+1 and deferred. I think it's something they send to everyone

Does anyone know when in March they will make their final decisions? I was thinking mid-March, but they sent out decisions in early January, so I'm thinking it might be early March (i.e. like this Friday).

Does anyone know when in March they will make their final decisions? I was thinking mid-March, but they sent out decisions in early January, so I'm thinking it might be early March (i.e. like this Friday).
Last year, I think a bunch of people found out on March 7, so I think it'll be around that date for us.

Reactions: 4 users
So was that diversity email sent to everybody then?

It’s early March, can we start freaking out about decisions yet?

So this week may be the week! Really hoping for an acceptance here. Top choice school

Decisions historically come out this week. We’ll here by Friday :)

Withdrew my acceptance here, good luck to those still waiting!

2nd round decisions went out around this time last year...just in case you all weren't already anxiously checking your email ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to all those waiting to hear back this week :D I wish we could all be classmates!

Does anyone know what time people normally hear back?

form my review of former years, it seems like the day before calls go out, people who are rejected will get an email. Then in the later afternoon of acceptance day, people will receive calls from interviewers.

Are schools shutting down in Boston due to the snow? Decisions might get pushed back if they can’t come in :/