You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Case Western Reserve University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Or, you could just click on "watch thread" at the top of the page.....Just posting to get alerts. GL everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or, you could just click on "watch thread" at the top of the page.....
Thanks! I did not see that button earlier.
Hi everyone, I am an M1 at Case. Congrats for those who have already received interviews, and don't worry if you haven't yet, there's still time! I got my interview invite in early October and know people who interviewed well beyond that so don't give up hope yet! Feel free to message me if you have any general questions about the school or interview day! Good luck with the whole process, I know how much it sucks waiting and not knowing whether you're in or not, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Just threw my app in out there today to see if anything will stick. 505->511/3.61c (upward trend of 3.8+ last 2 years)/ORM/LGBT. Just started my research assistant job so I wanted to wait so I could actually write in the research question a bit. IS and from NE Ohio with shadowing at CC so hopefully I will see a lil love, tho not expecting much.
D
deleted870337
sorry to hear that, when were you complete?
I think around July 7sorry to hear that, when were you complete?
sorry to hear that, when were you complete?
Rejected as well. OOS no ties, 70 LizzyM, complete 7/31 (reach school)
8/1sorry to hear that, when were you complete?
That feeling when you check your email hoping for a Baylor interview invite and instead get the boot from case. Shmehh
That feeling when you check your email hoping for a Baylor interview invite and instead get the boot from case. Shmehh
Well it looks like you are super competitive so I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about.
Thanks -- I do appreciate the reassurance. However I'm in a weird situation where my GPA and MCAT are wildly unbalanced and I am concernicus that my high MCAT score won't weigh as heavily as I initially thoughtWell it looks like you are super competitive so I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected this morning from the University program. Nothing back yet from the Lerner College program.
Rejected this morning from the University program. Nothing back yet from the Lerner College program.
Sorry to hear that! When were you complete?
I'VE PEAKED IN LIFE! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I've been offered a phone invite from Lerner WOW
congrats!!! I'm assuming you're not one of the "legacies" mentioned before correct? and what was your complete date if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry I'm having a brain fart. Do you mean legacy in regards to if I have alumni connections to the program? I was complete on 07/28!
I'VE PEAKED IN LIFE! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I've been offered a phone invite from Lerner WOW
Congrats!!
Did you guys get the email about the Case Western PRIME program? "Raise your GPA with our post-bacc program.." hmm.. not sure if this is a hint about my sucky gpa or just an ad for a lucrative premed program..

8/9Sorry to hear that! When were you complete?
Yes, I got that 3 hours post rejection. I'm not looking into it.Congrats!!
Did you guys get the email about the Case Western PRIME program? "Raise your GPA with our post-bacc program.." hmm.. not sure if this is a hint about my sucky gpa or just an ad for a lucrative premed program..![]()
Indeed it is. I got one from them earlier in the cycle as well. Just an ad I'm afraid.yeah that was sketch af... I have a high sGPA so I think it was a generic email sent out to all other applicants 🙁
in the lerner thread, someone posted the above regarding phone interviews but who knows if that's correct. But yes, legacy in terms of having alumni connections to case western's med school.
Ahh, thank you for the clarification. No, I don't have any alumni connection to the medical school. However, I have several relatives who work for the Clinic and have attended Case for other programs. Hope that helps!
in the lerner thread, someone posted the above regarding phone interviews but who knows if that's correct. But yes, legacy in terms of having alumni connections to case western's med school.
To be fair, I think the user who posted in the thread is an adcom. Or at least, has posted as an adcom in several years' worth of the CCLCM threads!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks -- I do appreciate the reassurance. However I'm in a weird situation where my GPA and MCAT are wildly unbalanced and I am concernicus that my high MCAT score won't weigh as heavily as I initially thought
I'm also pretty unbalanced with high MCAT and not so fabulous GPA. I just interviewed on Monday, so stay positive!
Is it known that they focus on CARs in particular? I have a somewhat lower CARs score with high mcat and haven't heard back :Oanyone with high mcat but lower CARs score get II
Yesanyone with high mcat but lower CARs score get II
As low as 124 CARS?
126 for me, 519 overall thoughAs low as 124 CARS?
no but I saw in another thread someone with an unbalanced mcat who indicated he thought everything else in his app was very good except for that and he got the boot.... so was a little worried hereIs it known that they focus on CARs in particular? I have a somewhat lower CARs score with high mcat and haven't heard back :O
no but I saw in another thread someone with an unbalanced mcat who indicated he thought everything else in his app was very good except for that and he got the boot.... so was a little worried here
If it matters, my MCAT score was a 515, but a little unbalanced in the other direction (126/131/128/130), and they offered me an II.
As low as 124 CARS?
II today!! So excited! I have a 124 CARS, 514 overall
II today!! So excited! I have a 124 CARS, 514 overall
Wow nice! When were you complete btw? I have a 512 but with a 124 CARS, complete 8/13
Wow nice! When were you complete btw? I have a 512 but with a 124 CARS, complete 8/13
Complete 7/23
Just got rejected complete 8/3. I know they're separate committees, but haven't heard from college track yet, not sure if they take longer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp. Got my rejection letter today. It's all good I expected it. Good luck to everyone else!
II this morning (3.86/3.75/513)
Congrats! Complete date?
Congrats! Complete date?
8/24 Thanks!
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K