2017-2018 Eastern Virginia Medical School

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But earlier, you said you were on the waitlist lol. Anyway, congrats!

Ah yes I was in the WL I just never called to check my position.

Edit: I just called and they said I got in from the top 3rd. Here is the acceptance letter:

I had forgotten about getting WL’d because these past few weeks have been crazy lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Ah yes I was in the WL I just never called to check my position.

Edit: I just called and they said I got in from the top 3rd. Here is the acceptance letter:

I had forgotten about getting WL’d because these past few weeks have been crazy lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Did you do anything in between getting waitlisted and getting the acceptance?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah yes I was in the WL I just never called to check my position.

Edit: I just called and they said I got in from the top 3rd. Here is the acceptance letter:

I had forgotten about getting WL’d because these past few weeks have been crazy lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You only get 14 days to accept the offer? Wow.
 
Got an acceptance a few days ago. Interviewed 1/17 and I'm IS. Unfortunately, I ended up declining my spot BUT that means one of yall will get it!!! best of luck yall!!
Are you ORM or URM?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 2/21, waitlisted today middle third. I called 757-446-5812 and they told me my waitlist position.
 
I feel like the majority of posts on this thread since January have been waitlists, I'm not sure how to feel about that. Either this thread is going to blow up on/around April 30th, or a whole lot of us missed out.
 
I feel like the majority of posts on this thread since January have been waitlists, I'm not sure how to feel about that. Either this thread is going to blow up on/around April 30th, or a whole lot of us missed out.
Most posts since December... I don't understand how the class was filled by November... Didn't they know they would be interviewing till later in the spring? They should have kept spots for us!
 
Most posts since December... I don't understand how the class was filled by November... Didn't they know they would be interviewing till later in the spring? They should have kept spots for us!
I read somewhere about 50% of admitted evms applicants end up going to a different school. A large number of waitlisted students make up the matriculating class. I'm sure there will be a ton of movement by the summer we all just have to wait which sucks but I'm sure it'll work out in the end
 
I read somewhere about 50% of admitted evms applicants end up going to a different school. A large number of waitlisted students make up the matriculating class. I'm sure there will be a ton of movement by the summer we all just have to wait which sucks but I'm sure it'll work out in the end
When I called admissions they said it wasn't unusual for 2/3 of the class to come from the waitlist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad