2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Auburn Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! I'm interviewing on 1/23 and wanted to know if anyone who has interviewed here could give advice on the interview day/ interview style. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

II today! I'm interviewing on 1/23 and wanted to know if anyone who has interviewed here could give advice on the interview day/ interview style. Thanks!
Three one on one interviews, I think they were all open file. Very very relaxed atmosphere, great faculty and staff. Just be yourself! I absolutely loved this school!

Reactions: 1 users
They sent out a mass e-mail stating we had 30 days from the date printed in the official letter of acceptance. Here is a link of deposit due dates that are to be followed by each osteopathic medical school.

AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines
So we have 30 additional days? I was under the impression the date on the letter is the date that it is due. The official acceptance letter (the first page) is what I am referring to.

Members don't see this ad :)
So we have 30 additional days? I was under the impression the date on the letter is the date that it is due. The official acceptance letter (the first page) is what I am referring to.

To my knowledge, yes. I would find it hard to believe that the rules would be different for separate individuals. Verifying with the school would be the best option though.

II yesterday!
Secondary Submitted: 12/12
App Complete: 12/19

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Decided to decline my acceptance here today. I hope one of you all gets my spot :) Best of luck to you all.

II yesterday! complete back in July

Going to interview soon. Can anyone help a brotha out? I know it's 3 one on ones open file

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Going to interview soon. Can anyone help a brotha out? I know it's 3 one on ones open file

Prepare for typical DO interview questions (Why DO?, why medicine?, etc.), not only be yourself but be personable, stay confident, and let your passion shine man. All three interviews were pretty relaxed. No real trick to it. Create a story out of your answers, explain with details/experiences not just adjectives.

It's not something to worry about! Just smile and talk about yourself and ask a bunch of questions. The interviewers are quite friendly and try to be non-intimidating. Questions were not off the wall by any means.

Just an update about rotation sites - looks like VCOM Auburn really messed up this year. Gave away 20 spots at one of our top sites to VCOM Carolinas with no warning. Leaving a lot of students angry and confused, with no recourse. I’d previously really trusted them to make sure we ended up somewhere we’d be happy - now, I’m just incredibly frustrated and disappointed. Unless this gets sorted out, a bunch of us who chose VCOM auburn for their attractive Florida sites will be out of luck, stuck fighting one another over 20 Wellington slots and 20 Ft walton spots - which is waaay out in the panhandle. Just keep this in mind.

Just an update about rotation sites - looks like VCOM Auburn really messed up this year. Gave away 20 spots at one of our top sites to VCOM Carolinas with no warning. Leaving a lot of students angry and confused, with no recourse. I’d previously really trusted them to make sure we ended up somewhere we’d be happy - now, I’m just incredibly frustrated and disappointed. Unless this gets sorted out, a bunch of us who chose VCOM auburn for their attractive Florida sites will be out of luck, stuck fighting one another over 20 Wellington slots and 20 Ft walton spots - which is waaay out in the panhandle. Just keep this in mind.

Which sites did they give away? They still have the wellington slots (if I'm reading your post right). Wellington is great, it's still in South Florida and ~30 minutes from the beach. Good nightlife areas around there as well.

Fort Walton isn’t bad! It is north and in the panhandle but it is on the beach and close to Destin/Panama City/Pensacola.

Which sites did they give away? They still have the wellington slots (if I'm reading your post right). Wellington is great, it's still in South Florida and ~30 minutes from the beach. Good nightlife areas around there as well.
Just the Jacksonville site! Still, it’s fewer slots than expected, which really is a bummer. Wellington will have 20 students max, same for Ft Walton. It makes a lot of students who had chosen VCOM-A for their Florida rotation sites nervous that they might get placed elsewhere. I bet the 40 slots will all go to students who are FROM Florida now, and that kinda stinks for those of us who aren’t. I think a ton of us turned down Nova (guaranteed Florida site) because VCOM made it seem like we’d all be able to go to a different state if we wanted to. Now they’re trying to do their best to accommodate us, but I think there’s simply not enough Florida slots to go around anymore. It’s kinda crummy that we’re now all competing against one another for a few coveted spots, and some of us surely will end up staying in Alabama now. They did add a Valdosta site, which is brand-new and not too far away, and although I’m not too familiar with that part of Georgia the hospital seems pretty large! They also have one other OOS site, in Columbus GA. The rest of us will be doing another stretch of time in Alabama

Last edited:
Just the Jacksonville site! Still, it’s fewer slots than expected, which really is a bummer. Wellington will have 20 students max, same for Ft Walton. It makes a lot of students who had chosen VCOM-A for their Florida rotation sites nervous that they might get placed elsewhere. I bet the 40 slots will all go to students who are FROM Florida now, and that kinda stinks for those of us who aren’t. I think a ton of us turned down Nova (guaranteed Florida site) because VCOM made it seem like we’d all be able to go to a different state if we wanted to. Now they’re trying to do their best to accommodate us, but I think there’s simply not enough Florida slots to go around anymore. It’s kinda crummy that we’re now all competing against one another for a few coveted spots, and some of us surely will end up staying in Alabama now. They did add a Valdosta site, which is brand-new and not too far away, and although I’m not too familiar with that part of Georgia the hospital seems pretty large! They also have one other OOS site, in Columbus GA. The rest of us will be doing another stretch of time in Alabama
Added Valdosta?!?!?! That’s where I’m from!!! (No anonyminity I guess lol)

I haven’t heard anything from this school or the other 2 campuses and have been complete since August. I recently updated through AACOMAS and emailed them a few months ago but they said it was still under review. Any ideas

Edit: I also have very strong ties to AL ( did undergrad there and half my family is from there)

Just got accepted today :')
I keep on double checking my call log to make sure I actually received a call and didn't just imagine the whole thing lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Interview on 1/23. Are there still seats available?

Interview on 1/23. Are there still seats available?

Since the interview on 01/16 was canceled to due weather conditions, they allowed us to reschedule and I moved the date to 01/23. This was on 01/16 so there were spots still available for that date. There was also 2 other dates available for that next week.

Since the interview on 01/16 was canceled to due weather conditions, they allowed us to reschedule and I moved the date to 01/23. This was on 01/16 so there were spots still available for that date. There was also 2 other dates available for that next week.

Great thanks! I wasn't sure if they technically "interview for waitlist" or not!

Great thanks! I wasn't sure if they technically "interview for waitlist" or not!

They don't waitlist. I interviewed there recently, and they said that they only accept or reject. They said no waitlists this year.

Does anyone know if they choose the best mcat scores, recent or take the average of the score?

Also is anyone here an accepted non traditional student?

Did they ask any sciences questions?

Also is anyone here an accepted non traditional student?
I’m accepted nontrad. Also I thiiiink they just look at all your scores and consider them as a whole. Not 100% sure

I’m accepted nontrad. Also I thiiiink they just look at all your scores and consider them as a whole. Not 100% sure
Thank you for the info :). What about the interview questions? do they ask any specific coursework question?

Thank you for the info :). What about the interview questions? do they ask any specific coursework question?
They didn’t ask me anything about my courses. All of my questions were about my personality and interests.

hi everybody uhhhhh any other accepted students trying to rent a house or apartment and only have 1 other roommate? because I am. yall slide in my DMs and let me know if you're interested in trying to work something out together (has to be cat friendly)

They didn’t ask me anything about my courses. All of my questions were about my personality and interests.
thank you :)

hi everybody uhhhhh any other accepted students trying to rent a house or apartment and only have 1 other roommate? because I am. yall slide in my DMs and let me know if you're interested in trying to work something out together (has to be cat friendly)
PMing you!

Hi guys!
How long (on average) until interviewees are notified of accepted/ rejected?

Hi guys!
How long (on average) until interviewees are notified of accepted/ rejected?
I interviewed on Oct. 10 and was accepted Oct. 16. I think it may take a little longer since it is later on in the cycle.

Is anyone going to the accepted students day on March 3?

I interviewed on Oct. 10 and was accepted Oct. 16. I think it may take a little longer since it is later on in the cycle.

Is anyone going to the accepted students day on March 3?
I’ll be there!

Interviewed 10/5, waitlisted 1/23

ACCEPTED! Interviewed 01/23

This may be a silly question but does anyone know if the 14 day deposit deadline is just 14 days or 14 business days?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Loved this school, but loved another school more. I hope one of you gets my seat!

I have my interview at VCOM-Auburn on 02/13, does anyone else? Also, does anyone know if an interview around this date still gives me a good chance of getting in?

They tried reaching out to me by phone initially but I didn't recognized the number. They sent me an email on 1/29.