2017-2018 Florida International University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted an update/letter of interest yesterday through the secondary portal - do they usually contact you that the update's been received, or should I call to confirm? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted students, is there anything we need to have completed before April 30th? Did they give you any information on how to sign up for the myfiu portal?

Is there a place to pay the $100 to hold our seat? I can’t find anything like it on my portal.

Is there a place to pay the $100 to hold our seat? I can’t find anything like it on my portal.
When I called they said that they would send an email with instructions on how to pay the deposit AFTER the April 30th deadline and to just “sit tight” until then lol

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew today. Best of luck to whoever gets it. +full tuition merit scholarship should also go back in the pool

Officially accepted my spot at FIU!!! So excited!!! Hit me with a DM if you're looking for an apartment in Miami :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Officially accepted my spot at FIU!!! So excited!!! Hit me with a DM if you're looking for an apartment in Miami :)
Hey, did you pay the deposit (I'm asking because I haven't received an email about it yet) or did you just withdraw your other acceptances to 'officially' accept? just making sure i'm not missing anything :) thanks!

Hey, did you pay the deposit (I'm asking because I haven't received an email about it yet) or did you just withdraw your other acceptances to 'officially' accept? just making sure i'm not missing anything :) thanks!
Nope, I emailed them and they'll send out info for the deposit tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
Just declined my acceptance here after much thoug because I absolutely LOVED this school. Hope one of you wonderful people get it. OOS LizzyM 67

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my seat this morning. Great school, just better offer and fit somewhere else. Best of luck to all of you.

Just called the school and apparently there has not been any waitlist movement yet. I think they are still figuring out who is committed versus who is not!

Just called the school and apparently there has not been any waitlist movement yet. I think they are still figuring out who is committed versus who is not!
Probably! I mean there have been people on here saying they have withdrawn so there should be movement eventually

Accepted off the waitlist about 2 pm today! Got the call from the dean. First acceptance, OOS, waitlisted 10/15.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the waitlist today around 2pm as well!
OOS Waitlisted 3/6
LizzyM: 66 URM

First acceptance! Keep the faith, and good luck to everyone!!!

Withdrawing my acceptance and hoping it helps someone on the waitlist!

Hi! Did anyone who is waitlisted get an email asking if they would still like to remain on the waitlist?

Did you guys get a call or was it through email??

After submitting fafsa did anyone get an email confirming they received the results of their fafsa?

Im confused cuz in that email I was also given a panther ID but i haven’t been accepted yet

After submitting fafsa did anyone get an email confirming they received the results of their fafsa?

Im confused cuz in that email I was also given a panther ID but i haven’t been accepted yet
Did you apply to the certificate program? I also got that email but assumed it was related to that application.

Giving up my acceptance spot, just received admission elsewhere

Last edited:
Declined my offer of acceptance today. I really hope this helps somebody else on the waitlist!!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted in November and I just got the email that they received my FAFSA. I just logged into my Panther ID but under the TODO LIST, it says "Admission not confirmed." Anyone else have this? I already paid the deposit. Is there something else I forgot to do?
same. maybe it just hasn't been updated yet

Does anyone know what the "comp fee" for $680 is for on the estimated award letter that admissions sent us?

Does anyone know what the "comp fee" for $680 is for on the estimated award letter that admissions sent us?
Yea I think it’s for the computer they give us. They give us a laptop with all the software we need.