2017-2018 Michigan State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now!
In-state and MSU for undergrad.

Long time poster, first time lurker

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait I'm confused, are people not getting secondaries? Is that what all of these "on hold" comments are about? Or are people submitting their secondaries and then getting these emails?

I'm OOS but I got a II July 14, was verified on July 13. But on their website it says that they send secondaries to all verified applicants so I'm confused.

Wait I'm confused, are people not getting secondaries? Is that what all of these "on hold" comments are about? Or are people submitting their secondaries and then getting these emails?

I'm OOS but I got a II July 14, was verified on July 13. But on their website it says that they send secondaries to all verified applicants so I'm confused.
II = Interview Invite

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Still in preliminary review since 7/13, not sure what to think of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send them a LoR from a physician. I haven't yet and I'm wondering if I'm incomplete with MSU because of that, since it's a requirement for them.
Ohhh yes I did :) it was part of my committee letter packet

Anyone else still procrastinating on this secondary? Just me? Lol

Is it particularly bad if you do not send a LOR from a physician? Before I realized their requirements, I submitted 4 LORs from graduate school professors. All from science classes. If I just left it at that, how bad do you think that'd be?

II!!!!! IS, Lizzy M~65. LMU applicant!

Reactions: 3 users
Mine still shows "Forwarded for Preliminary Review on 7/16/2017" :unsure:

7/12! They scheduled me for an interview 10/27 with no choice as to the date. Not sure if they are doing all Leadership in Medicine for the Underserved applicants this date as my email they mentioned this date was chosen due to my interest in rural medicine. Has anyone else with an interview received a different date? Seems very late to be receiving an interview this early but so late in the fall.

I just mean I was surprised to be given an interview so early in the cycle (yesterday) but have it scheduled in late October. I've since contacted admissions though and they did tell me this is a special interview day for rural applicants.

Congrats! I'm interviewing that date too! They did choose a date for me, but I asked for alternates. There were none to choose before the end of Sept, though.

This is totally random, but I'm wondering if anyone interviewing 10/27 is driving to the GR, Muskegon, Ludington area, or even by there. And would give me a ride after the day is done. If so, PM me. (Trying to make a family trip work out for the weekend.)
Thank you very much! I look forward to meeting you this day then! By chance were there many interview dates in October? I'm trying to get a feel for what # interview day 10/27 will be. And I live in AA or I would help you out with that ride after!

Thank you very much! I look forward to meeting you this day then! By chance were there many interview dates in October? I'm trying to get a feel for what # interview day 10/27 will be. And I live in AA or I would help you out with that ride after!

No. They offered me a date end of sept. or beginning Dec. There may be more dates, but they only offered 2 others to choose from. I ended up sticking with the original date offered and apologizing for causing extra work...

Just got a II this morning, LRM applicant and also got the 10/27 interview day!

So everyone who's gotten an II so far is from this LRM group? I'm still in review from 7/13.

I didn't specify any special program but I am OOS and grew up in a "rural" area so they invited me to the rural medicine leadership interview day.........

I didn't specify any special program but I am OOS and grew up in a "rural" area so they invited me to the rural medicine leadership interview day.........
Knew I should've clicked 'Yes' to interest in that...

Well, fwiw, I got the vibe that there are still a lot of spots in all the interview days. They don't seem to be a school that fills their days chronologically. It seems like schools in places that get winter weather that hinders travel are interviewing people who would have to travel far earlier in the season, too. Keep yer heads up Spartans!

Reactions: 1 users
Have any other interviewees completed the professional application for admission they have us fill out prior to interviewing? I noticed at the top on mine it says "first semester enrollment Fall 2017," I have a feeling this is last years form and I am wondering if everyone has this before I contact admissions.

Have any other interviewees completed the professional application for admission they have us fill out prior to interviewing? I noticed at the top on mine it says "first semester enrollment Fall 2017," I have a feeling this is last years form and I am wondering if everyone has this before I contact admissions.
That's the one I got too

So I've parused the website at length at cannot find any information on CHM tours. Do they offer these?

Has anyone received an LMU interview without any fluency in spanish speaking?

Has anyone received an LMU interview without any fluency in spanish speaking?
Hello fellow LMU applicant. After talking with admissions and the director of LMU I've found out there is no special LMU interview. If you come from a rural background you may be asked to attend rural interview day but other than that LMU decisions are separate and made after acceptance into the school.

As an LMU applicant though personally I have a Spanish background through courses, volunteer work, and study abroad. However, it sounds like LMU just expects proficiency by third year and I'm not sure if they take into account Spanish experience.

does anyone know what the prerequisite model on the secondary application is all about?

actually never mind. think i figured it out.

Last edited:
II just now! IS, LM 68-72, complete 8/7. Interview date is for 9/29

Reactions: 2 users
For OOS applicants (or anyone with insight really), what is the best way to convey that one has ties to MI e.g. family I'd like to be closer to etc.? There isn't really a good spot to do it on the secondary. I don't want to be 'that guy' and harass admissions with emails, but if it may help ...?

II just now! IS, LM 68-72, complete 8/7. Interview date is for 9/29

You have the same complete date as me! Hope to hear something soon!

Are you LRM or any other specific program, or did you just apply as a regular MD candidate?

You have the same complete date as me! Hope to hear something soon!

Are you LRM or any other specific program, or did you just apply as a regular MD candidate?

I am a regular MD candidate

II for 10/9 at the Grand Rapids campus!! Got an email yesterday - OOS, CA resident

On hold per the portal sometime the past week, but never got an email about it. IS. Complete mid July.

Last edited: