2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been placed as an alternate from my December interview. Anyone else in this position ? Or was placed as an alternate and received an acceptance? Thanks!
From my understanding, Nova has a lot of waitlist movement, particularly during the summer and even up until the first few days of classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate list. Snail mail. Dated 12/20. Interviewed the 5th.
Do you mean that you received a letter from Nova? I have yet to receive one, was interviewed on the 5th as well. I'm from NJ so may take longer for me to receive it, not sure. Praying for alternate because no email acceptance and really do not want to be rejected.

Has anyone heard anything pre interview?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm probably going to withdraw my acceptance from Nova. I hope the spot goes to one of you! Happy Holidays!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mean that you received a letter from Nova? I have yet to receive one, was interviewed on the 5th as well. I'm from NJ so may take longer for me to receive it, not sure. Praying for alternate because no email acceptance and really do not want to be rejected.
Just got the letter today, it's the big R. Hopefully I can find out why after the break.

I'm probably going to withdraw my acceptance from Nova. I hope the spot goes to one of you! Happy Holidays!
Where are you choosing to go instead and why?

Yep it was a letter in the mail!

Just got the letter today, it's the big R. Hopefully I can find out why after the break.

Where are you choosing to go instead and why?
I'm leaning towards AZCOM. Im from CA, so I thought it would be a better option for me overall. I also liked AZCOM's board scores.

I'm also waitlisted @ Western COMP Pomona. It would be a very hard decision to make if I get off the waitlist from here since my house is like 30 mins away from school and it's in CA. I still think AZCOM is better school-wise though.

This might be a little early to ask this! But does anyone know when Nova's white coat usually is? Cant find any info on it! Trying to plan some summer trips. I know last years was in September because it was pushed back due to the whole school changing the name thing.

This might be a little early to ask this! But does anyone know when Nova's white coat usually is? Cant find any info on it! Trying to plan some summer trips. I know last years was in September because it was pushed back due to the whole school changing the name thing.
It was originally supposed to be Sunday after the first/orientation week.

Received Alternate List! I really loved this school so I really hope that there is a good amount of waitlist movement.

Good luck everyone!

It was originally supposed to be Sunday after the first/orientation week.

Do you or anyone know when first day/orientation week is? I need to plan for when to start renting for an apartment

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been placed as an alternate from my December interview. Anyone else in this position ? Or was placed as an alternate and received an acceptance? Thanks!

I looked on the 2016-2017 thread for NSUCOM and it looks like there is a good amount of movement near the end! Hopefully it doesn't vary too much from year to year, this school was absolutely amazing.

Hey guys ! I am sending my primary application in today. I know it is kind of late but I thought it was worth a shot . My LM score is around 67. I was wondering if I could submit the evaluators form in the secondary application for NSU? Thanks!

Anyone get pre interview rejections yet? Iv been complete since october and haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know if NOVA does silent rejections?

Anyone get pre interview rejections yet? Iv been complete since october and haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know if NOVA does silent rejections?
I think I saw someone earlier in the thread share that they received a pre-interview rejection, but I'm not positive.

Good morning, guys! Would you consider it absolutely too late to apply here? LizzyM of ~69ish. My mother just recently moved to the Cocoa area and I’m trying to gauge my options...

Good morning, guys! Would you consider it absolutely too late to apply here? LizzyM of ~69ish. My mother just recently moved to the Cocoa area and I’m trying to gauge my options...

I think you’d have a good chance! You never know unless you apply!

Can you submit the acceptance form after the first deposit deadline (paid deposit before deadline, hold off on acceptance form)? Or rather, can you send in your deposit and send in the acceptance forms after? The email makes it seem as if only the deposit is due to save the seat.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I havent been keeping up with the secondary application portal (WEBSTAR) as diligently as I have with other schools, I have not heard anything fron Nova either. I noticed that in the application portal all of my requirement columns are filled out (item, date received), except the Status column. Secondary submitted 11/16/17.

Hey guys,
I havent been keeping up with the secondary application portal (WEBSTAR) as diligently as I have with other schools, I have not heard anything fron Nova either. I noticed that in the application portal all of my requirement columns are filled out (item, date received), except the Status column. Secondary submitted 11/16/17.
I would call tomorrow morning and let them know that this is the situation and you want to make sure that everything was submitted and confirmed received. Sometimes there are glitches in the system, i know one kid who applied here that didnt know if they had received his secondary, called, and found out that he was getting an interview spot and email never went through. you never know, doesnt hurt to call and ask.

I would call tomorrow morning and let them know that this is the situation and you want to make sure that everything was submitted and confirmed received. Sometimes there are glitches in the system, i know one kid who applied here that didnt know if they had received his secondary, called, and found out that he was getting an interview spot and email never went through. you never know, doesnt hurt to call and ask.
Thanks for the advice! will do.

Interviewed here on 12/5 and still haven't heard anything... called today and said it'd be "soon" but I think people from my interview date have already heard back

Hey guys,
I assumed I was fine, but I have the same situation. Now I'm wondering.

Just to confirm - do the rest of you have something in the status column? I have all requirements checked off in the received column.

I assumed I was fine, but I have the same situation. Now I'm wondering.

Just to confirm - do the rest of you have something in the status column? I have all requirements checked off in the received column.
Yeah that's the same as mine

Status column does not need to be filled, you're complete as long as the materials are received (with a date)

Interviewed recently and absolutely love this school. Faculty, staff, students, etc. are very kind. Numerous resources and support available to students. Very impressed!

Been complete since October and still hoping for an interview. I've been accepted to another school but I'm from Florida and would really like to go here. Is there a chance I still get an interview here? Should I call them to see what's up?

Last edited:
Can you submit the acceptance form after the first deposit deadline (paid deposit before deadline, hold off on acceptance form)? Or rather, can you send in your deposit and send in the acceptance forms after? The email makes it seem as if only the deposit is due to save the seat.

The answer is yes

Been complete since October and still hoping for an interview. I've been accepted to another school but I'm from Florida and would really like to go hear. Is there a chance I still get an interview here? Should I call them to see what's up?
Yes, there's definitely a chance you'll still get an interview. Don't call them...what's up is they get a ton of apps every year and it takes time for them to look through everyone.

Been complete since October and still hoping for an interview. I've been accepted to another school but I'm from Florida and would really like to go hear. Is there a chance I still get an interview here? Should I call them to see what's up?

Same, been complete since August.

Show me some love Nova, I live a few minutes away from campus.

Yes, there's definitely a chance you'll still get an interview. Don't call them...what's up is they get a ton of apps every year and it takes time for them to look through everyone.

I hope so! I got accepted to KCU over winter break, so I'm stoked about that. But being from Florida I kinda want to have a Florida option to consider before I make my final decision.

Anyone know attendance policy at Nova currently? Can’t find it anywhere..student handbook is vague. Also, you go on academic probabation for having under a 3.0 GPA here according to student handbook. Kind of caught me off guard...as say half B’s half C’s Puts you on probation. Any students that can comment on this? Never heard of a school doing this. I’m accepted here and put in deposit so I like the school..but that policy seems scary

Anyone know attendance policy at Nova currently? Can’t find it anywhere..student handbook is vague. Also, you go on academic probabation for having under a 3.0 GPA here according to student handbook. Kind of caught me off guard...as say half B’s half C’s Puts you on probation. Any students that can comment on this? Never heard of a school doing this. I’m accepted here and put in deposit so I like the school..but that policy seems scary
You need to have at least a C in all your classes. The 3.0 gpa policy might be for the mbs students because they need to have a B in all their classes to matriculate the following year.

You need to have at least a C in all your classes. The 3.0 gpa policy might be for the mbs students because they need to have a B in all their classes to matriculate the following year.

Okay thanks. Can you comment on the attendance policy?

From my understanding, attendance is only mandatory for guest speaker days, labs, and the odd classes. For the most part, I believe lectures are recorded and uploaded online.

I knew lectures were uploaded online..heard they had no attendance, than changed to having to attend 70% of lectures and swiping in. Unsure what the policy is now. Just want to know as I am deciding where to live.

I hope so! I got accepted to KCU over winter break, so I'm stoked about that. But being from Florida I kinda want to have a Florida option to consider before I make my final decision.
I'm also from FL (obviously...) and got into both NSU and KCU and I'll be choosing KCU....maybe I can give you my acceptance ;)

Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for the class of 2022 or how to find the academic calendar?

I knew lectures were uploaded online..heard they had no attendance, than changed to having to attend 70% of lectures and swiping in. Unsure what the policy is now. Just want to know as I am deciding where to live.
Basic sciences aren’t required to attend but they schedule required courses pretty much every day so you’ll be on campus for at least an hour a day.

I called admissions and they gave me a specific counselor to email update/interest letters to. I would give that a try!
would you mind PM-ing me that counselor's email. I've tried contacting them through diff emails however i've gotten no response.

Question: so I sent a letter update to a medical school and the director of admissions email me back. She said if i had questions on my applications or if i wanted to discuss my application to call her and she gave me her number. What does that mean? Not accepted but discuss improvements?

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Hope one of you gets it!!

Reactions: 2 users