2017-2018 Oregon Health & Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you get an interview invite, within the invite they will ask for last updates. No updates before the interview invite, and generally no updates after interview.

Thank you. I knew it was a hard no pre-II, thanks for clarifying on the after. I’m kinda bummed (and that’s a pretty short update window) but glad to know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So nervous/excited for the interview tomorrow! Dream school for me!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any last minute advice from anyone, especially anything specific to this school?

Any last minute advice from anyone, especially anything specific to this school?
Make sure you eat breakfast before. They provide coffee and water, but I don't remember there being any food in the morning. And as always, try to relax and be yourself. It's a pretty typical MMI, so if you've done your research or had one before you already know what to expect.

Anyone else still waiting a long time to hear back post interview? I'm at 8+ weeks

Anyone else still waiting a long time to hear back post interview? I'm at 8+ weeks
Same here. They are notorious for taking longer than most to get back to students. I waited 12+ to get put on hold last year

I’m at 8+ weeks too. @rogueriver I think we may have interviewed the same day. Maybe our interviewer hasn’t been able to make it to the meetings or something.

Mission-Based applicant, finished II 9/7 and still awaiting a response. Does OHSU accept grade updates at this point?

Mission-Based applicant, finished II 9/7 and still awaiting a response. Does OHSU accept grade updates at this point?

Yes I believe you can send in official transcript updates, since it's later in the game I would call and ask the best way to do that on Monday. The admissions people are extremely nice.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I believe you can send in official transcript updates, since it's later in the game I would call and ask the best way to do that on Monday. The admissions people are extremely nice.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted just now! Second time applying here and I am beyond excited! Interviewed 12/19 OOS but mission based

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!!!! Just now:)

Accepted!!! :) I notice we've been getting into similar schools on other threads!

Edit: OOS, ORM, Secondary Invite on 7/19/2017, Interview Invite on 12/29/2017, Interview Attended 1/16/2018-1/19/2018, Accepted 2/20/2018. What a long process - spanning 7 months from secondary to now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know generally when second look is and what it is like?

Ahhh how did you guys find out? Email or portal? Still waiting on a decision from a December interview!

Thanks! And congrats to all who were accepted today!

No news for me and the portal still just says when my interview was scheduled for so...more waiting :)

Giving up my II for March 20th, as I've pretty much decided on a different school. Hope it goes to one of you who have been waiting. Good luck!

Is there a Facebook Page for accepted students? I couldn’t find it in this thread or on Facebook itself. Thank you!

Yeah, I thought they definitely didn’t accept any type of update pre-interview and heard/saw that several times.

But I haven’t heard anything about post-interview.

They allowed me to send an update after my interview because they said they hadn’t discussed me yet.

On hold, interviewed 1/16, OOS. Anyone know how many OOS students have been accepted so far and/or around what percentage of OOS applicants get accepted before 4/30 and after. Unlikely anyone has accurate info on all of this, but I'd appreciate it!

Uh checked my portal and found out I was rejected *two* weeks ago?? Didn't get an email about a portal update either, so that was weird. Interviewed mid-Jan.

Uh checked my portal and found out I was rejected *two* weeks ago?? Didn't get an email about a portal update either, so that was weird. Interviewed mid-Jan.
Dang, I'm sorry! I've been checking religiously because I've heard of people not getting emails. Will the portal just update with another bullet point?

Dang, I'm sorry! I've been checking religiously because I've heard of people not getting emails. Will the portal just update with another bullet point?

It's ok, just miffed there was no notification... For me, they replaced all the important dates (submission/completion, etc) wiht the status/date of the final decision.

On hold, interviewed 1/16, OOS. Anyone know how many OOS students have been accepted so far and/or around what percentage of OOS applicants get accepted before 4/30 and after. Unlikely anyone has accurate info on all of this, but I'd appreciate it!

I would be surprised if anyone has these numbers besides the admissions office. That said, I have been told that once you get an interview it doesn't matter whether you are IS or OOS, we're all in one of the Mission Groups and thus treated the same. Because you're OOS you probably are in the diversity and/or high achievers group, both of these qualities are favorable to you. The one stat that gets spread around is that ~10% of interviewers are straight accepted before 4/30. Maybe someone has more to add?

They allowed me to send an update after my interview because they said they hadn’t discussed me yet.

Thank you. I will send it as I’m pretty sure I haven’t been discussed and my update pertains to things post-interview. I may just say something like if you don’t accept updates than please just disregard. But I kinda want to at least try. I already wrote it up!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

any pre-II movement lately? Been completed since early Aug and have been dead silence.

Down to the two month mark, though. 4/30 can't come fast enough.

Good to know! Btw, I think we applied to a lot of the same schools.
I’ve seen that too- you seem cool, hopefully we both get in and then I might run into you in real life! I’m sure I’ll recognize you by your pink fur

That and my singed teddy bear shape should be unmistakable.

You seem cool too! Maybe we will both get out of the hold club in a good way soon. Hoping for good news for a lot of us!

I interviewed on 1/19 and it's been silent since. I believe I saw that others heard back in 10+ weeks so I'm not worried, I just had a question. Like other schools, do you hear back from OHSU once your one-on-one interviewer makes an adcom meeting?

I interviewed on 1/19 and it's been silent since. I believe I saw that others heard back in 10+ weeks so I'm not worried, I just had a question. Like other schools, do you hear back from OHSU once your one-on-one interviewer makes an adcom meeting?
Yep! Meaning that other people from your interview day could hear back before or after you.

Yep! Meaning that other people from your interview day could hear back before or after you.
Thank you! The one-one-one was built into the circuit on my day for most people, maybe everyone, so I wasn't sure if it worked differently when one interviewer is taking on a lot of students on one day.

It's been almost three weeks since I interviewed. Time can't go by fast enough to hear the results! :rolleyes:

It's been almost three weeks since I interviewed. Time can't go by fast enough to hear the results! :rolleyes:
I suppose we were in the same interview group- I'm equally as anxious. Hope we get some good news soon!

I suppose we were in the same interview group- I'm equally as anxious. Hope we get some good news soon!
Good luck to both of us! I was interviewed by a 4th year medical student for my one on one and I'm not sure whether I should be nervous or not about that.

Anyone apply MD/MPH get an interview ever?

Edit: Searched the thread and there was one in October.

I wonder how many people applied/ get interviewed for the 7 spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm still waiting! Kind of nervous I won't at this point, but staying positive!