-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Rush Medical College
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is there a way to submit letters separately to rush? I used AMCAS letter service with my primary application and it says "letters not received" from my pre-med committee.
I don't think so. I would e-mail admissions and see if something is wrong. They may have just not updated your page yet.Is there a way to submit letters separately to rush? I used AMCAS letter service with my primary application and it says "letters not received" from my pre-med committee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys! thinking about sending an application here. how long does it take to receive a secondary once you've been verified through amcas and add it to your list?
hey guys! thinking about sending an application here. how long does it take to receive a secondary once you've been verified through amcas and add it to your list?
Received mine 10 days after secondaries could officially be sent out
hey guys! thinking about sending an application here. how long does it take to receive a secondary once you've been verified through amcas and add it to your list?
My primary app was processed Aug 3rd at 2PM. Rush sent me secondaries Aug 4th at 10AM. (btw my MCAT was much lower than Rush's avg of 512) Hope that helps.
one of the questions is how we "personally gained" from an experience. did you guys read this strictly as a personal gain, or can it be something that my student org gained (i.e. improvements for the future)?
I stuck to what I personally gained. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea here is adcom really wants to get to know YOU more.one of the questions is how we "personally gained" from an experience. did you guys read this strictly as a personal gain, or can it be something that my student org gained (i.e. improvements for the future)?
Any word on when IIs start coming out?
I believe someone mentioned that in last year's thread, they started coming on August 15th.
I believe someone mentioned that in last year's thread, they started coming on August 15th.
G
GodonlyKnows
Received an II this morning! Earliest date for interview was September 20th.
OOS, LM 72, finished and complete whenever the first possible day was. Good luck everyone!
**edited my LM which was incorrect in the original post**
OOS, LM 72, finished and complete whenever the first possible day was. Good luck everyone!
**edited my LM which was incorrect in the original post**
Last edited by a moderator:
Any current Rush students on here willing to talk about why they choose to attend and advice for interview day?
Received an II this morning! Earliest date for interview was September 20th.
OOS, LM 79, finished and complete whenever the first possible day was. Good luck everyone!
Lizzy m 79 or 72?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
G
GodonlyKnows
Woops! LM 72. Just changed my post
G
GodonlyKnows
Would also love to hear input from Rush students.Any current Rush students on here willing to talk about why they choose to attend and advice for interview day?
Woops! LM 72. Just changed my post
Congrats on the interview invite!! Best of luck.
This is my top school, I'm from a neighboring state but my fiancee lives in Chicago.
And no problem I was just wondering lol because that's a huge jump!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II on Saturday as well! LM of 68, in state so living and going to school downtown is a dream
C
catdog12345
When were you complete? Also from the area so REALLY want RushII on Saturday as well! LM of 68, in state so living and going to school downtown is a dream
submitted my secondary 7/10. Not sure when complete though as I didn't get a update for that.When were you complete? Also from the area so REALLY want Rush
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Complete 8/10, LM 70
Complete 8/10, LM 70
Right now?????IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Complete 8/10, LM 70
Haha email was from last night at like 10 😛Right now?????
Congrats on the interview!II Saturday as well! LizzyM 66-71, IS and one of my top choices!
Just a quick pet peeve of mine.... Assuming 3.7, you are telling us your MCAT is somewhere between 506 and 515? Lol it is completely within your right to give us a wide range, but I think it would be more helpful to everyone reading if people just gave a true LizzyM score. The boards are anonymous anyway lol.
hahah all good. Thanks for the score. and good luck at your interview!haha I feel that. My lizzyM is 68. The thought of adcoms looking at these boards just tweaks my out. I hope that's more helpful 😉.
hahah all good. Thanks for the score. and good luck at your interview!
haha Thanks!
It's not really late...adcoms on here say that by labor day is "on time"....Just now discovering how great of a medical school Rush is so I'm throwing my hat in, albeit a bit late unfortunately. Does Rush send secondaries to everyone?
Rush does not send secondaries to everyone; however, they say that they will only cut you pre-secondary if they feel that you are unprepared for medical school. By the looks of your LM, I would say you are fine.Just now discovering how great of a medical school Rush is so I'm throwing my hat in, albeit a bit late unfortunately. Does Rush send secondaries to everyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone provide more insight on the letter requirements?? I'm a non-trad, and my grad program doesn't offer a committee letter, so i'm stuck with the 3 letter option. The "personal" letter requirement is throwing me off, and I haven't been able to get ahold of admissions for more clarification. Do they mean a completely personal letter, like from a friend??
I don't think a friend would be a good idea. I chose someone who had been a superior, but really more of a mentor. Someone who knows you closely, but you could still explain the relationship as something other than friend, ie club advisor, work supervisor, research mentor
D
deleted289061
I'm a little worried about my letters. I'm a older applicant and the last class I took was in 2014. The other schools I applied to didn't ask for an academic letter, just letters from people that could speak of my character and work ethic (i.e. manager, head of research, physicians that I've shadowed that know me well enough to write a decent letter.) I'm wondering how strict they are on their letter requirements. Anyone have any insight or should I call them on Tuesday?
D
deleted289061
Also, I received the secondary app a day after I added them to my primary app. Double check to make sure they didn't send you one and it accidentally ended up in your junk mail.
I'm a little worried about my letters. I'm a older applicant and the last class I took was in 2014. The other schools I applied to didn't ask for an academic letter, just letters from people that could speak of my character and work ethic (i.e. manager, head of research, physicians that I've shadowed that know me well enough to write a decent letter.) I'm wondering how strict they are on their letter requirements. Anyone have any insight or should I call them on Tuesday?
Hmmm...so you've submitted all your apps without any letters from professors in the sciences? Interesting. I feel like all the schools I applied to had 1-2 science professor letters as a bare minimum. You might want to reach out to Rush directly and ask if what you have as a substitute would suffice for their school.
D
deleted289061
Yeah. I was waitlisted at my state school last year and no academic letters. I had one letter from my lab manager, one from my research PI, and two from other physicians that I've shadowed and/or work with. I may call on Tuesday to find out officially and relay the information. Thanks.Hmmm...so you've submitted all your apps without any letters from professors in the sciences? Interesting. I feel like all the schools I applied to had 1-2 science professor letters as a bare minimum. You might want to reach out to Rush directly and ask if what you have as a substitute would suffice for their school.
Also, full disclosure, I'm nearly a decade older than the average applicant. I graduated in 2009 and last took classes in the spring of 2014. I'm not sure any of the professors I had would necessarily remember me. I was a good student but not one that got up in their grill so they'd know me.
Last edited by a moderator:
So nice to go onto a forum and not see a billion interview spots already filled
Congrats to those who received II!
Congrats to those who received II!
This is the chill zoneSo nice to go onto a forum and not see a billion interview spots already filled
Congrats to those who received II!
Can anyone tell me the secondary fee? I want to submit my application, but am seriously running low on cash
$102.5 if I remember correctly.Can anyone tell me the secondary fee? I want to submit my application, but am seriously running low on cash
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn. Haha, I'll be taking the L on this one then
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn. Haha, I'll be taking the L on this one then
AAMC > We need a greater amount of socioeconomic diversity reflected in medicine
Also AAMC > Yeah that'll be $6000 to apply this cycle
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*Laughs in Tulane*This is the chill zone
Im just in love with this school!! I really hope I get an II soon.
I think 9/20 was the first date I saw posted on here.Has anyone interviewed here yet? Any information on the format/questions?
Have any rejections been sent out yet?