-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Rush Medical College
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just received an email asking to complete my app so they can review me. Generic email or genuine? Should I? LizzyM 64, hours in community 200-700
I got that email too. I assume it's for anyone who's been holding onto their secondary for awhile and have not submitted yet.
Any interviews from here yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep. Good luck to everyone tmrw!Any interviews from here yet?
Anyone here interviewing today??
II received on Monday 

Stats if you don't mind? Would love to get in this school. Congrats by the way!II received on Monday![]()

There aren't many interviews on this thread so I doubt it, but it's impossible to know. They don't accept updates right?Heard it's 50% done by end of Sept
I interviewed last Wednesday (9/20) and it was their first Interview Day. I doubt they've given out that many II's yet, but like you said - it's impossible to know.There aren't many interviews on this thread so I doubt it, but it's impossible to know. They don't accept updates right?
Also, they do not accept updates. Best of Luck!
Last edited:
"The 2017 entering class had a mean undergraduate science GPA of 3.55, a mean MCAT score of 30 (old MCAT) or 510 (MCAT15), over 2600 healthcare exposure hours as well as over 1300 hours of community service experience."
Do they mean total 2600 hours of healthcare exposure and 1300 hours of community service or average 😵 I have seen some people with hours like that on here so I am getting a bit worried now.
Do they mean total 2600 hours of healthcare exposure and 1300 hours of community service or average 😵 I have seen some people with hours like that on here so I am getting a bit worried now.
"The 2017 entering class had a mean undergraduate science GPA of 3.55, a mean MCAT score of 30 (old MCAT) or 510 (MCAT15), over 2600 healthcare exposure hours as well as over 1300 hours of community service experience."
Do they mean total 2600 hours of healthcare exposure and 1300 hours of community service or average 😵 I have seen some people with hours like that on here so I am getting a bit worried now.
Those are their class averages.
That is a gargantuan average. I'm out of this race. Good luck to all of you 🙂
That is a gargantuan average. I'm out of this race. Good luck to all of you 🙂
As long as you meet the minimums, I don't think there is any reason to believe you're out of the race. I'd bet that the median numbers are much lower, and the mean is skewed upward by students who worked full time in a health field. That said, Rush definitely has a type.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! One of my top choices!
complete mid-july
complete mid-july
Last edited:
Congrats! You're gonna love it!!II! Top choice!
complete mid-july
Congrats!!! got it now?II !! so excited to visit Chicago, complete 7/15.
Totally shocked because my healthcare exposure/community service hours is way lower than their average
Congrats!!! got it now?
Thanks!! Got it yesterday at like around 4-5 pm
I'm confused, does II mean secondary? Why are people saying they are excited to visit Chicago because they received a secondary? If II means interview then going to Chicago would make sense.. am I missing something?
II means Interview InviteI'm confused, does II mean secondary? Why are people saying they are excited to visit Chicago because they received a secondary? If II means interview then going to Chicago would make sense.. am I missing something?
Secondary submitted this weekend! I received it 50 days ago. Would love to return to my home state for school! I got wrapped up in secondaries and my full time job, which is why it took me so long to turn it around. I hope Rush will be understanding. Good luck to all!
Oh that makes sense, thanks!II means Interview Invite
Which 3 letters of recommendation did you all submit? I'm kind of confused by Rush's requirements for LORs
I accidentally submitted a committee letter plus 2 individual letters because I am a knucklehead. BUT to me their "non-academic" and "personal" letters do seem interchangeable and vague. If I reapplied next year, I would most likely use my clinical volunteer supervisor or a physician I've shadowed/scribed for as the non-academic letter, and for the personal letter I would use my PI or a physician (but not a physician for both).
any recent II?
D
deleted289061
So to follow up on the original question, I just called the admissions office to explain my situation and Alyssa (sp?) said that “if other colleges had accepted the letters you submitted to them, then you should be fine for us.” I told her that I’m about 10 years older than the average applicant. She said it should be fine. I submitted 2 letters from physicians that I know and have shadowed, 1 from a physician that I do clinical research with, and 1 from my lab manager. I hope this helps.Hmmm...so you've submitted all your apps without any letters from professors in the sciences? Interesting. I feel like all the schools I applied to had 1-2 science professor letters as a bare minimum. You might want to reach out to Rush directly and ask if what you have as a substitute would suffice for their school.
So after going through the 2016-17 thread for RMC (and wading through the MDvs.DO fiasco), I noticed that some people were getting "under review" updates 2-3 months after submitting their secondaries. Has anyone with II's (or not) gotten such emails after the usual "Your application is complete" email? Submitted last week of August so I wasn't expecting to hear back super soon or anything, but just wanted to see when others are getting updated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete end of july, no updates yetSo after going through the 2016-17 thread for RMC (and wading through the MDvs.DO fiasco), I noticed that some people were getting "under review" updates 2-3 months after submitting their secondaries. Has anyone with II's (or not) gotten such emails after the usual "Your application is complete" email? Submitted last week of August so I wasn't expecting to hear back super soon or anything, but just wanted to see when others are getting updated.
So after going through the 2016-17 thread for RMC (and wading through the MDvs.DO fiasco), I noticed that some people were getting "under review" updates 2-3 months after submitting their secondaries. Has anyone with II's (or not) gotten such emails after the usual "Your application is complete" email? Submitted last week of August so I wasn't expecting to hear back super soon or anything, but just wanted to see when others are getting updated.
I never got an update
II today! Submitted my secondary on 10/2. Crazy turn around wow.
Wow, that's awesome!! You must be a perfect fit for their mission.
Congrats! Would you mind telling us your stats?II today! Submitted my secondary on 10/2. Crazy turn around wow.
II today! Submitted my secondary on 10/2. Crazy turn around wow.
*Quietly sobbing because I've been complete since 7/31 and there has just been silence*
Congrats, though! You must be an amazing candidate-- good luck at the interview!
D
deleted289061
They have pretty amazing stats according to their message Hx.Congrats! Would you mind telling us your stats?
D
deleted289061
.
Last edited by a moderator:
yesany recent II?
When did you receive it? and stats?
last week not really comfortable sharing my stats, sorry! But best of luck to you. I was complete early September.When did you receive it? and stats?
Yup, the sheer amount of panic it caused will be enough to carry me through the rest of the day 😛Anyone else get the email apologizing for how long its taking to review apps?
Going to assume it’s nothing. The email title got my hopes up for nothingAnyone else get the email apologizing for how long its taking to review apps?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why am I not getting these extraneous emails from any of the programs I applied to?
I applied 7/5 and did not recieve this email?
Edit: it was sent via portal.. nothing to my email address though
Edit: it was sent via portal.. nothing to my email address though
also applied in July and didn't receive lol. Maybe they already reviewed ours and we are on silent hold, and they sent the email only to people who they haven't reviewed yet...idk I could read all kinds of into thisI applied 7/5 and did not recieve this email?
Same... ughYup, the sheer amount of panic it caused will be enough to carry me through the rest of the day 😛
.
Last edited: