2017-2018 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybody who interviewed on 10/27 get a prematch?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just FY(all's)I, I called admin to see if they had received my transcripts yet, which they had not. They told me that they were glad I called so they could be on the look for them. So probably a good idea to call and check/let them know.

Anyone here interview on 11/10 and get a prematch offer? And does anyone know if they have another cycle of prematches? I know they say they do, but last years thread seemed to indicate otherwise. The only offers after 11/15 were for OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 11/15 -haven't logged on here for a while, I know this is a little late... are there any other BYU students out there who got accepted already?

Accepted 11/15 -haven't logged on here for a while, I know this is a little late... are there any other BYU students out there who got accepted already?
My wife graduated as a nurse from BYU and I went for a year and then transferred to Texas Tech because we’re from Lubbock, but no prematch for me yet... I interviewed back in August so fingers crossed, but low MCAT and average gpa so who knows

Hey y'all! Interviewed here today and fell in love. Any idea if they prematch at this point?

Same as in threads past, hit me up with questions (preferably tag me or quote a post so I don't forget to check). I can't give many specifics on admissions or the basic science curriculum, but can answer generalities.

Does ttuhsc prematch anyone after 11/15?

Reactions: 1 users
@Dr.Chameleon I don't think so. On last year's thread, no one in state got accepted after 11/15 and before the match. It could be different this year. I called and asked and they said that they do prematches the whole period, but that could have been a perfunctory answer and not grounded in any actual truth.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! Interviewed here today and fell in love. Any idea if they prematch at this point?
Does ttuhsc prematch anyone after 11/15?
I asked one of the current students during my interview on Friday if it was possible to hear back before Dec 31, given that we are still interviewing during Pre-Match season. Apparently, one of the students received a Pre-Match offer 2 weeks after their interview (which was scheduled after the 11/15 date). Not sure to the validity of this given that I didn't ask any names, but I'm taking it as a hopeful possibility.
Either way, good luck everyone!!!

Does Lubbock send post-interview rejections to OOS applicants? I interviewed in September and haven't heard back since.

Does Lubbock send post-interview rejections to OOS applicants? I interviewed in September and haven't heard back since.
Pretty sure Texas schools don’t send out rejections or waitlists until after match day.

For those accepted: does tech send you a notification when they have received everything that was required on the offer page?

Hi Noorh,

I interviewed on October 6th, and I haven't heard back either.

I asked one of the current students during my interview on Friday if it was possible to hear back before Dec 31, given that we are still interviewing during Pre-Match season. Apparently, one of the students received a Pre-Match offer 2 weeks after their interview (which was scheduled after the 11/15 date). Not sure to the validity of this given that I didn't ask any names, but I'm taking it as a hopeful possibility.
Either way, good luck everyone!!!

I have a friend who interviewed last week and pre-matched this week! I'm not sure if this is common but they definitely pre-match after pre-match day. I myself interviewed 11/10 so it looks like I'll be waiting until February!

Reactions: 2 users
II today! To all those waiting, there is still hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Not going to lie I am a bit annoyed at the fact that I still haven't received an II from this school

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 11/29 and my TMDSAS school preference ranking page still hasn't been updated to show I interviewed there. The others updated within less than a week, so I was just wondering if it's the same for anyone else who interviewed that date, or if tech takes a bit longer to update? Thanks!

I have a friend who interviewed last week and pre-matched this week! I'm not sure if this is common but they definitely pre-match after pre-match day. I myself interviewed 11/10 so it looks like I'll be waiting until February!
Which day did they get prematched?

So, I’m thinking about writing a letter of intent. Any thoughts? My GPA is a bit low (3.59), but my MCAT is slightly higher than their average (514). I interviewed in October, and it went well, but no prematch. I’m just hoping to tip the scales in my favor.

Last edited:
Same, interviewed Oct 13th and haven't heard anything back. Trying not to check my phone/email obsessively but...

Just got an email from them!!!!... asking me to take a survey over my interview day experience. Not cool TTU LBK, not cool.