2017-2018 Touro University - Nevada Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we only finding out by mail?

I believe that's what they said. Regardless, they did say there will be delays for sure, so I'm hoping it's just a few days to a week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
w0QqQ3u.png

Reactions: 5 users
The other review was spot on.

I interviewed here today and I'm sure how I felt about the location and if it was a good fit for me. The place was a bit cramped and there didn't seem to be much campus spirit compared to that of other places I have visited. Huge commuter culture for sure. There also didn't seem to be much involvement in the surrounding community, probably because there isn't much to do at Henderson in general. Not too sure about the work-life balance here...

A definite plus would have to be the small class size, different clinical tracks and board oriented curriculum. The pizza they served was also quite delicious.

Last edited:
Interviewed here yesterday and it was fine. I really liked how my interviewers made the environment very relaxed and we just had a nice conversation. A con is that I did not expect a 20 minute interview. My advice is to definitely have concise answers. Know your application extremely well and be able to talk about it with passion. Communication is definitely key & always be honest and genuine in your answers.

Otherwise, I thought this school stood out most with its supportive environment. The dean and faculty seems like they truly care about your future. It is a very close community and all the current students love this school. A few cons I found is that the building is very claustrophobic. There were study cubicles in the hallways which did not seem like a great place to study, especially since we kept walking back and forth during the tour. The library was extremely small and most of the students admitted that they learn better from watching recorded lectures online.

Henderson was a nice place to visit since the area is extremely affordable. Everything is convenient with Walmart and Costco close by. You will need a car to get around. Because this area is in the desert, there are very few trees around. If you are a beach person like I am, you may need some adjusting.

Last edited:
Just got an email that we will hear from them regarding a decision tomorrow, for those who interviewed 9/18.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMSI here--happy to procrastinate Endo and answer any questions you may have.

Accepted yesterday! Touro gang gang yo!

Just withdrew my application and cancelled my II. Hoping it goes to someone on here who's still waiting! Good luck!!

Just received an acceptance, although I am thrilled to have been chosen I think I am going to respectively withdraw after further reflection

Where are you headed instead?

I am still waiting to hear back from other schools that I have interviewed at but currently sitting on an acceptance at DMU. I think Touro had a lot of pros and the Henderson area was really nice, but I just did not see myself at the school on interview day.

Is there an accepted students fcebook page?

Does anyone know where we can find the most recent match list? Was it provided at the interview day?

II just now

Congrats!

When did you get the "Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision." email?

Congrats!

When did you get the "Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision." email?
I got a "your app is under review" email on 9/11 when my committee letter was submitted, i received another email on 9/30 stating it was under further review and I would be notified soon.

I got a "your app is under review" email on 9/11 when my committee letter was submitted, i received another email on 9/30 stating it was under further review and I would be notified soon.
Closest interview date?

Closest interview date?
well when I first opened the scheduler it was 11/2 but in about 5 minutes it went to 01/22.
EDIT: although there is an option to be notified of earlier dates if they come along

Last edited:
Just got the under review email, been complete for about a month. So I guess a couple more weeks before something happens :/

well when I first opened the scheduler it was 11/2 but in about 5 minutes it went to 01/22.
EDIT: although there is an option to be notified of earlier dates if they come along

that application is so strong it's turning the frogs gay

I submitted my secondary on 08/15. I got the “Supplemental Application Received” email on 08/24 saying “anticipate four to six weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status.” On 09/20, I got the “Your Application is in Review” email saying “anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision.” Since then (almost 6 weeks), it’s been silence. Should I be worried? Should I call/email? Is there still hope for an II?

I submitted my secondary on 08/15. I got the “Supplemental Application Received” email on 08/24 saying “anticipate four to six weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status.” On 09/20, I got the “Your Application is in Review” email saying “anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision.” Since then (almost 6 weeks), it’s been silence. Should I be worried? Should I call/email? Is there still hope for an II?

Give it another week, it is peak season and they recently had quite a bit of jewish holidays, so it could take longer.

Anyone else interviewing on 11/02?

I’ll be flying in 11/01, any advise on places to stay?

Anyone else interviewing on 11/02?

I’ll be flying in 11/01, any advise on places to stay?

I stayed at Fiesta Hotel. Wasn't far from Touro, good sized rooms, and decent prices.

id wait until after the 6-week mark, id even give them an extra week as it is peak app season.

I'm in basically the exact same situation as you and just got the "final stages of review" email this morning.

Secondary submitted 8-9
Complete email 8-14
Under review 9-25
Final review email 10-31

Withdrew my app and my II from here today. Best of luck to you all!

Secondary submitted 8-9
Complete email 8-14
Under review 9-25
Final review email 10-31
II 11-8

Reactions: 3 users