2017-2018 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They are only interviewing through January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s your source for this info?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give insight into what student culture is like? I got a weird vibe from interview day-- the few current students I talked to didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about the school, but not sure if this is representative of the student body. Also, is there a list of student groups that they have? I know they mentioned specialty interest groups, but I can't find a list of "fun" ones. Thanks!!
On my interview day, it seemed like the students absolutely loved the school especially the M1s I talked to for coffee and my tour guide. You might have gotten some students who were tired from studying for exams coming up soon! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Height of neuroticism here! Received an acceptance phone call but portal is not updated. Did this happen to anyone else? Just wanted to make sure it's all kosher.

Reactions: 1 users
Height of neuroticism here! Received an acceptance phone call but portal is not updated. Did this happen to anyone else? Just wanted to make sure it's all kosher.
I'm experiencing the same fear! I think the portal updates at 1 and I want to see it with my eyes!

I’m being a bit neurotic but did your portal change too? I interviewed 11/17 and haven’t heard anything yet, and I’m starting to get nervous. My portal still says no decision has been made but I got an email that my status has been updated.

Just withdrew my II here. Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m being a bit neurotic but did your portal change too? I interviewed 11/17 and haven’t heard anything yet, and I’m starting to get nervous. My portal still says no decision has been made but I got an email that my status has been updated.
I got a phone call and then my portal changed a couple hours later. I'm sure you will hear back soon if not this week! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Got a phone call as well and then portal updated a few hours later. Hope you hear some good news soon!

Thanks yall! Unfortunately, the portal just updated, and I was rejected :(. Congratulations on both of your acceptances!

This meet a medcat over break email for accepted students seems really intriguing... hoping my work schedule coincides so I can attend!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know where we can submit an update?

Accepted today! Interviewed Nov 14. OOS, LizzyM around 76

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone from the Nov 21 interview heard anything?

Just got the acceptance call! They said the portal would update around 1. Good luck! LM 70 (lower MCAT but strong GPA at a bottom tier undergrad) and instate

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ooo axed just now via email, pre-ii. Congratulations to everyone with acceptances, and good luck to everybody with upcoming interviews :)

Ooo axed just now via email, pre-ii. Congratulations to everyone with acceptances, and good luck to everybody with upcoming interviews :)
Im expecting mine soon. My avg MCAT is pretty low for them (little lower than the 25%) and they seem pretty stat heavy.

Rejected IS complete 7/17. It does show on the portal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IS complete 7/17. Haven't heard anything. Not sure if this if good or bad.

Got the ole' axe today - OOS, LizzyM ~67, complete 7/24. Good luck everyone!

Sad to hear that the ROSE program has been canceled midways this application cycle :( . Does anyone know why that is?

Does anyone know what the the percentage of interviewees that are accepted?

Does anyone know what the the percentage of interviewees that are accepted?
55% for out of state and 45% for in state. The stats are on a piece of paper they gave us during our interview day.

Did anyone attend one of the Meet a MedCat events over the last couple of weeks? With none in my area I wasn't able to make it, but would be interested to hear about anyone else's experience.

Did anyone attend one of the Meet a MedCat events over the last couple of weeks? With none in my area I wasn't able to make it, but would be interested to hear about anyone else's experience.

PM me!

Anyone know when the next round of decisions might come out?

Anyone know if interview invites are still going out?