2017-2018 University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawing from here today, but Pitt will always be special for being the first school to interview me and the first school to tell me I could become a doctor! I pray the WL starts moving soon. Best of luck to everyone :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
For those wondering about a facebook page, the second look page is currently the best place to get information. The official class page and unofficial pages should be created soon. facebook groups 181559112440878

There's a list of people who are subletting their places, too, in case anyone is still looking.

For those wondering about a facebook page, the second look page is currently the best place to get information. The official class page and unofficial pages should be created soon. facebook groups 181559112440878

There's a list of people who are subletting their places, too, in case anyone is still looking.

Is there a list of people looking for roommates or housing for the school year as well? I could only find one for the summer!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone having trouble getting in contact with OCL? I called them 5 days in a row and no one picked up, even left a message. Really annoying

Hey guys, can someone call admissions and ask about the WL? I honestly would but I’m overseas right now and cannot. I already emailed them but was ghosted completely. I (and the other WLs) would really appreciate it so that we can officially organize our lives for next year. Any info would be a godsend at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, can someone call admissions and ask about the WL? I honestly would but I’m overseas right now and cannot. I already emailed them but was ghosted completely. I (and the other WLs) would really appreciate it so that we can officially organize our lives for next year. Any info would be a godsend at this point.
You’ve just got to wait, bruv. That’s how this whole WL business works, unfortunate though it may be.

You’ve just got to wait, bruv. That’s how this whole WL business works, unfortunate though it may be.
It’s not like we’re going to stop waiting. We’re going to wait until the first day of classes, regardless. It would just be nice if the admissions committee could show some transparency and shed some light as to how the process is unfolding this year. It’s not a lot to ask for, and plenty of other schools send periodic updates to waitlisted candidates.

Reactions: 1 users

I feel like we’re entitled to information about whether or not class size has been reached. Not specifics of individual application progress of course. Missing out on apartments and things like that because of an uncertain future have real financial consequences. I’m curious whether a final update will be announced to everyone saying “class is full” or if they just won’t bother.

Hi fellow WLers. I wanted to update you on a correspondence I had with Pitt this past week. I reached out to ask if there was WL movement (and send an update) and I got a reply back saying that they are currently at class size and will look at the WL as spots become available. So we just have to hang tight for now. I also reached out to a bunch of people on other threads who were contemplating between Pitt and another school and it seems like some of them are withdrawing, but they are just weighing their options. So I think we just gotta wait it out. Pitt is known for their WL movement. This year it just seems like it is taking a little longer, but it seems like a lot of people who are currently accepted there and on WLs at higher ranked schools, are still considering withdrawing. Also, I have a friend who is a 3rd year there and he told me that several of his classmates got in off the WL in late May and one even got in a couple days before school started (of course this was a few years ago and things might have changed). I hope that the AAMC meeting that occurred, coupled with delays of withdrawing is just holding up the WL movement. My guess is that we'll see something at the end of May and then mid June. Take this with a grain of salt as I only asked 3 to 4 people about withdrawing from Pitt, but it is what it is. I hope for the best for all of us :)

Reactions: 3 users
I feel like we’re entitled to information about whether or not class size has been reached. Not specifics of individual application progress of course. Missing out on apartments and things like that because of an uncertain future have real financial consequences. I’m curious whether a final update will be announced to everyone saying “class is full” or if they just won’t bother.

I spoke with them. Class is currently full, we’re just waiting for future spots to open up.

My guess is that waitlist movement is gonna be significantly less than previous years

Anyone accepted here on a WL at a school that they would rather attend? Just trying to gauge the chances of there being some WL movement. Thanks!

What are you guys putting for medical student number on the vaccination form, our people soft ID from pitt or AMCAS#. And are you guys planing on using UPMC health plan or a cheaper option?

What are you guys putting for medical student number on the vaccination form, our people soft ID from pitt or AMCAS#. And are you guys planing on using UPMC health plan or a cheaper option?

Where do we even find our peoplesoft ID #?

Hi all!

Can any MS1 or MS2's at UPitt attest to how much mandatory lecture time there is in the first few years? does it at all make sense to think that one could be on campus for four days a week during the preclinical years (not including test days obviosuly)?

Thanks!