2017-2018 University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You are unbelievable. How do you have 9 IIs??

I do have >2000 hours of research, >1000 clinical volunteering, >500 nonclinical so that may be factor. I also spent 5 months polishing secondaries and PS and submitted pretty early so that could have helped as well but my LizzyM isn't really anything special

Reactions: 1 users
Joining the game late but just submitted the secondary! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,
Submitted 7/19, no II yet. Question though, how do you know how many IIs other people have?

Random question but can any students comment if Pitt has any intramural sports?
I did my undergrad at Pitt too and participated in intramural football while I was there. We actually played against a team made up of medical school students once, so there are definitely intramural opportunities for grad students. To my knowledge, they also have volleyball and soccer available, and they are looking to expand with additional sports too.

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Complete 7/20. Literally shaking with excitement right now I've been super excited about this school since I started researching programs :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
First interview invite! <3 you Pitt!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Any insight on when to schedule the interview? I don't think Pitt decides on acceptances until February, so I'm not sure if an early interview would be beneficial. Pitt is very close to the top of my list, so I'd like to interview somewhere else before Pitt so I'm more familiar with the interview process

Any insight on when to schedule the interview? I don't think Pitt decides on acceptances until February, so I'm not sure if an early interview would be beneficial. Pitt is very close to the top of my list, so I'd like to interview somewhere else before Pitt so I'm more familiar with the interview process

From what I've found it doesn't really matter when you interview. I interviewed one of the last couple of days, and am currently attending. There's another woman from my interview date and quite a few other students that are there that interviewed at a later date. I can't say definitively, but amongst our class, I could find nothing pointing to an earlier date being significantly helpful. Though, they do seem to like Pitt grads. I believe there are 23 or 28 of us in the class of 2021! Even though they said they give no preference to Pennsylvania students.

Hey all! I'm a rising M2 at Pitt - happy to answer any questions about Pitt Med, Pittsburgh, or the application process.

Hello! If I am interested in applying to the PSTP program and am not selected, is my application still considered for the MD program? Thanks!

Hello! If I am interested in applying to the PSTP program and am not selected, is my application still considered for the MD program? Thanks!

Yes. I believe you have to be accepted to the MD program to even have a shot at PSTP

Yes. I believe you have to be accepted to the MD program to even have a shot at PSTP
So, simply put, I can be rejected from PSTP and still accepted to the MD program? Thanks for the clarification!

Has anyone else looked at the student hosting list for interviews and found that no MS1s have been put on it yet? When do you think we should simply start contacting MS2s instead?

Has anyone else looked at the student hosting list for interviews and found that no MS1s have been put on it yet? When do you think we should simply start contacting MS2s instead?
I saw MS1s and scheduled with them. When I saw the list there were very few MS2s...

Hmm status changed to complete and under review :eek:

So strange.. checked my status this morning and it went back to "invited to complete secondary application", rather than "under review". I suppose that might mean I've been passed over. Oh well :)

Just checked my status on the portal, rejected (did not get an email):

In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year.

LizzyM: 76

+2, this really stings. This must have been done in the last couple of hours because I checked the portal around 8 and it still said 'invited to complete supplemental.' I wish there were more feedback, but it would probably only hurt my heart more.

edit:me
tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo9_r1_250.gif

Edit2: just got the rejection email. Anybody who wants to have a pity party with me?

Edit3: I was complete ~7/21, LizzyM ~77.

Last edited:
So does anyone know if they're open to providing feedback or not?