2017-2018 University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today. Completed secondary August 21st. I am not sure if I will attend though since I have a few acceptances. Good luck everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to pop in and offer to answer any questions anyone has. Current M1 at UT and I love it!

So we were told that we would get an email about a survey this week that indicates our letter is in the mail. If I haven't received one does that mean I didn't get accepted? Or would I also get denied via snail mail as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
So we were told that we would get an email about a survey this week that indicates our letter is in the mail. If I haven't received one does that mean I didn't get accepted? Or would I also get denied via snail mail as well?
+1 haven't received the survey email yet either. They may be a little behind, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Reactions: 1 users
We were told on my interview day that the emails will go out on the 3rd (so tomorrow!!)

What exactly does the email mean? Do y’all know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to pop in and offer to answer any questions anyone has. Current M1 at UT and I love it!

Hi I've got a question. I am a chemistry major graduate. Not a whole lot of bio background except from classes taken years ago, what I studied for the MCAT, and the Biochemistry I course I'm currently enrolled in. I was planning on enrolling in two more classes this spring before M1 next fall. Was thinking about taking molecular biology/genomics and one other class. I wanted to take immunology, but it is only offered in the fall. Based off all you are learning now, what class do you think would help me the most? Biochemistry II, mechanisms of development, human physiology, or something else???? Thanks!

Hi I've got a question. I am a chemistry major graduate. Not a whole lot of bio background except from classes taken years ago, what I studied for the MCAT, and the Biochemistry I course I'm currently enrolled in. I was planning on enrolling in two more classes this spring before M1 next fall. Was thinking about taking molecular biology/genomics and one other class. I wanted to take immunology, but it is only offered in the fall. Based off all you are learning now, what class do you think would help me the most? Biochemistry II, mechanisms of development, human physiology, or something else???? Thanks!

Biochem II or Mechanisms of Development would both be great choices. Those are both covered in our first semester.

Reactions: 1 user
How much genetics is covered?

We have a few lectures on genetics for each test. So far it hasn't been as intense as the genetics course I took in undergrad, but that could be because I'm more familiar with the info.

Anyone who interviewed in October get the survey email yet?

Anyone who interviewed in October get the survey email yet?
No , its weird they told us they were meeting on the 27th and so I expected the email last week. But then someone else said they told them they were meeting on the 3rd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

No , its weird they told us they were meeting on the 27th and so I expected the email last week. But then someone else said they told them they were meeting on the 3rd.
Interesting...they seemed so confident they were going to send out the emails last week. Eh I guess they're just behind.

I haven't gotten an email either. Hopefully the decisions come out this week

Congrats, would u plz share ur stats /EC. thx
Sure, MCAT 517-519, GPA ~3.6-3.8, I also went to grad school and have been out of school for a couple years working. I was complete mid September

Have decisions for October rolled out?

n=1, but I have not heard anything yet (hopefully I will today) and I interviewed the first week of interviews. I'd be curious to know as well have any other October interviewees heard anything yet?

I interviewed in October and still haven't heard anything. The told us we'd hear back by Nov. 3rd.

Interviewed in October, the first week. Still nothing.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed early October, no news. I think it is likely the Admissions Committee meeting got moved back a week to November 3rd, for any reason. Hopefully that means the next Friday timeline holds for letters, which would be today.

The US postal service is closed today for Veterans Day I believe. No news of anything here either.

Edit: Apparently they are not closed today but tomorrow, sorry

Hmm seems like they might not have met last week. My interview was in November. Hopefully they roll out October’s decisions next week!

Has anyone contacted the admissions office to see what's taking so long?

Rt, its taking so long at my interview they said they were making first decisions on october 27th but that never happened

They told my group not to contact them about about decisions. They will update us.

I didn't. I wonder why they are getting the letters out so late this year...
Maybe the committee didnt manage to meet as early as they hoped?

For what its worth, at our interview they told us they were meeting on Friday (today) and Diane Harris told us she prefers to send emails after business hours or on weekends, so we could expect to get an email this weekend IF the committee discussed our app that week. No email = haven't gotten to your file yet in the committee meeting, and they will meet again the week after thanksgiving

Just received the ‘Survey is in the mail’ email today at 9:55.

Interviewed Oct.24

Yeaah i got the email just now, interviewed first week of October

Got the email yesterday at 10 pm, interviewed in early October

Last edited:
Received a survey letter in the mail today, but no decision.

What does that mean? I didn't think that was possible, but evidently some of us will have to wait longer for a decision?

I interviewed at UTHSC last year and I received my survey letter one to two days ahead of my decision letter. It was actually a pretty common occurrence last year to receive the survey letter first. They always sent them out at the same time, so you should receive the good news in the next day or two.

Could be as simple as them sending the survey in the morning before the postal service picks up and the decision letter after.

Accepted! My first acceptance.

Stats: LizzyM 74, above average research, OOS with moderate to strong state ties, interviewed Oct 23rd. Interviews went well but I feel that they could have gone better. I have definitely regretted some of my responses over the last month, but knew they weren’t terrible interviews. Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting on decisions in the mail.