2017-2018 University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! My first acceptance.

Stats: LizzyM 74, above average research, OOS with moderate to strong state ties, interviewed Oct 23rd. Interviews went well but I feel that they could have gone better. I have definitely regretted some of my responses over the last month, but knew they weren’t terrible interviews. Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting on decisions in the mail.
Congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

3rd acceptance!
(Interviewed Oct.24)

-URM
-OOS
-LizzyM: 67.5 (3.84/506)
-No Research.
-Hospital volunteer.
-Overseas mission trip volunteer.
-Strong shadowing background, observing and participating in surgical procedures since HS.

-I thought my first interview went okay, was thrown some curveballs and was a bit nervous, but took a couple seconds to think about my answers rather than blurting out what first came to my mind. Second interview went exceptionally well, was conversational, and had the interviewer smiling throughout.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all got II , and also ones got accepted

This school is very slow for sending II'S out too. Has anyone got II recently?

Accepted! First MD acceptance, and I had a milkshake to celebrate

Anyone from a November interview get the survey email yet?

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted, did the survey and acceptance letters come separately? Or were they in the same envelope?

Reactions: 1 user
Still no decision letter. Hope it isn't an indication of the decision.

Congrats to all of u that got accepted. Would u plz share info., about how ur II was with questions and how many people? also ur stats and EC's? Thx in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
I did get the survey letter though. From looking at past years apparently they don't always arrive together. That leaves me waiting.

Did you all get the "email" a couple days prior to your letters arriving. I interviewed the last week in october and I think we were supposed to be hearing back this week or early next.

Just got my survey is on the way email! Interviewed mid November.

Reactions: 2 users
What does it mean if we get the survey email? Does it just mean a decision is in the mail? Or is it indicative of an acceptance? Ms. Harris kind of confused me with her explanation of it.

What does it mean if we get the survey email? Does it just mean a decision is in the mail? Or is it indicative of an acceptance? Ms. Harris kind of confused me with her explanation of it.
It just means your decision is in the mail.

Does anyone know what the re-applicant interview is like? I'm looking through past threads and having difficulty finding info on it. All I've found is that apparently its 1 interview instead of 2.

Accepted today! FYI, I received the survey email on a Friday night, the survey letter on the following Monday, and then the acceptance letter that Friday.

Last edited:
Accepted!!!! Oh man first MD acceptance feels unreal. Didnt prepare for this moment haha. Got some water in my eyes too haha. I got my email wednesday, my survey came in the mail friday and the acceptance letter today on Saturday. If you guys have any questions about the interview process Ill do my best to answer them. Lastly as the guys on mcat subreddit say, "Trust the process!"

My first acceptance! I got the survey yesterday and acceptance today!

Accepted! Quick turnaround too I just interviewed last week! Surreal feeling

Reactions: 1 users
No. I submitted AMCAS Jun. 9th. Haven't heard from them at all. :(
I may be wrong but I do think they take a break from interviews mid December so you might not hear back until next year if you don’t get an invite in the next couple of weeks.

I haven't been here last few days, see few more acceptance. Congrats to all of u, I hope I get an II soon before Dec., break.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Quick turnaround too I just interviewed last week! Surreal feeling

Congratulations first off!! And do you mind me asking which day you interviewed? I also interviewed that week but have not heard anything yet.

Congratulations first off!! And do you mind me asking which day you interviewed? I also interviewed that week but have not heard anything yet.
Thanks! Sure, I interviewed in the 11/13-11/15 range, and I got the survey in the mail email on Tuesday night, got the acceptance letter when I got back in town Friday

it's possible that they did not make it to your file and you will be decided on during the next committee meeting!

I got a secondary but still haven’t gotten an II, they’re slow moving yeah?

This is sort of a far fetched question...does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets? I also interviewed in mid-November and haven't received a survey email yet so I'm very anxious/curious!

This is sort of a far fetched question...does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets? I also interviewed in mid-November and haven't received a survey email yet so I'm very anxious/curious!
Once a month. Usually middle of the month.

Received a (nice) rejection letter pre-secondary in the mail today. OOS, LM 68. Complete in July. Good luck to everyone else left in the running!

Just withdrew my II, hopefully that goes to one of you!

You will have two one-on-one interviews, both around an hour long or so. Both were fairly conversational, but that may depend on who is personally interviewing you. One interview is more academic focused; this interviewer has seen your entire application including GPA/MCAT, and will ask questions on the subject, e.g. "What is your learning style?" This is also where you would be asked about any red flags, say a Withdrawn or Failed class. The other interview is more personality based. Both interviewers have seen your resume and personal statement, and you can still get questions about that in the academic interview. Expect the general questions like "Tell me about yourself." and "Why medicine?" for both interviews. That was my experience, best of luck to anyone reading this in the future!

For those of you who have sent updates to this school, to whom did you email them to? The same email listed on the secondary or one of the Deans?

For those of you who have sent updates to this school, to whom did you email them to? The same email listed on the secondary or one of the Deans?

I believe you send them to Ms. Harris or Nelson Strother in admissions (at least that's what I did and they accepted them).

I believe you send them to Ms. Harris or Nelson Strother in admissions (at least that's what I did and they accepted them).

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!

What hotel is close to school and reasonable to stay for II (clean too) lol?

So this might be a dumb questions, but does anyone have more information on what UT wants from us (other than the form accepting the offer) after we've been accepted? I just got quite a few emails from them about needing to send my transcripts and secondary app, which I've obviously already submitted since I've been accepted, so I'm a bit confused. Did anyone else get that email?

So this might be a dumb questions, but does anyone have more information on what UT wants from us (other than the form accepting the offer) after we've been accepted? I just got quite a few emails from them about needing to send my transcripts and secondary app, which I've obviously already submitted since I've been accepted, so I'm a bit confused. Did anyone else get that email?

You will get those emails for a while until they go in and mark that they received all of those things. I was still getting them after orientation started. You do have to actually directly send them your transcripts though if you haven't done that.