2017-2018 University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those receiving scholarships, were you given instructions/the list of scholarships after being admitted? Were there deadlines for the scholarships? Congrats and thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They extended the deadline to April 30th
they have some scholarships that use a different application like the ProMedica Better Together Scholarship

I still haven't heard back yet (interviewed 3/15, so I should any day now), and it's very possible that I won't before April 30. In the event that I get accepted (pleasepleaseplease) do you think this deadline is absolute, or could it be extended to (for example) a week after acceptance date? Sorry for having to delete some of the quote, SDN isn't letting me post if I keep the links in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you can apply before you get accepted but I'd check

Reactions: 1 user
I think you can apply before you get accepted but I'd check
In the links you provided (thank you for those!), it explicitly states that the scholarship application is for accepted students. It also asks for RocketID, which applicants not yet admitted do not have =/

I called today, and apparently April 30 is a hard deadline, and you can only apply if you're already accepted, so anyone still waiting on a decision is SOL. However, the person I talked to said that there were other scholarships with deadlines sometime in October (I'll investigate this further in the event that I get accepted.)

I called today, and apparently April 30 is a hard deadline, and you can only apply if you're already accepted, so anyone still waiting on a decision is SOL. However, the person I talked to said that there were other scholarships with deadlines sometime in October (I'll investigate this further in the event that I get accepted.)
Ugh, I'm sorry. I think this is very unfair! I was fortunate enough to be accepted early here, but am possibly in the same boat for other schools where I haven't yet received a decision. It's so arbitrary who happens to get accepted early versus late, especially with delays on the admissions office's end, so I find it unfair that that impacts who can or cannot receive scholarship money. This entire application process (not specific to Toledo, just in general) has left a real sour taste in my mouth.

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh, I'm sorry. I think this is very unfair! I was fortunate enough to be accepted early here, but am possibly in the same boat for other schools where I haven't yet received a decision. It's so arbitrary who happens to get accepted early versus late, especially with delays on the admissions office's end, so I find it unfair that that impacts who can or cannot receive scholarship money. This entire application process (not specific to Toledo, just in general) has left a real sour taste in my mouth.
Was the Mission Forward scholarship part of the College of Medicine New Student Scholarship Application?

It wasnt from what I could tell. I check yesterday when i was telling a friend about it

Was the Mission Forward scholarship part of the College of Medicine New Student Scholarship Application?
Yeah, I'm assuming so since that's the only application I put in. It wasn't listed on that link that was posted above, but my guess is that it was from that still. Maybe it is from the AMCAS application alone though, so those accepted after 4/30 could still qualify perhaps. Like Bucks said though, there are also a couple more that aren't due until June 1, like the one with Promedica.

Yeah. It wasn't listed on that link that was posted above, but it was one of the many that was part of that. Like Bucks said though, there are also a couple more that aren't due until June 1, like the one with Promedica.
That's so strange. I did a cross reference a while back for scholarships not listed on the College of Medicine New Student Scholarship link and the Mission Forward one didn't come up...I'm wondering if it was added after I looked or if I didn't qualify for it so I just ignored it...kinda bummed out about it because I'm living paycheck to paycheck with 2 jobs and financing medical school is starting to really stress me out.

Last edited:
Just withdrew from here. I hope this helps out someone on the WL. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any waitlist movement yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to last year's thread, waitlist movement didn't happen until mid-june unfortunately.

People from mid-march interviews are still waiting to hear back and they have another interview day coming up on the 4th. As far as I know they haven't rejected all the secondary applicants so they could still extend more interview invites. I would suspect it will be a while before waitlist movement.
I interviewed on 3/15 and was put on WL yesterday, I've seen numerous people who interviewed that day being put on WL recently. In the email I received, they stated they expect to be finished evaluating all applications by mid-June and any remaining open spots are opened to WL people on a rolling basis. They don't provide you with any WL status or chances of being offered acceptance. But hey, good news is that the acceptance process doesn't stop until the first day of Orientation! (pardon my overt sarcasm here but when their admissions process takes so long, of course it will).

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 3/15 and was put on WL yesterday, I've seen numerous people who interviewed that day being put on WL recently. In the email I received, they stated they expect to be finished evaluating all applications by mid-June and any remaining open spots are opened to WL people on a rolling basis. They don't provide you with any WL status or chances of being offered acceptance. But hey, good news is that the acceptance process doesn't stop until the first day of Orientation! (pardon my overt sarcasm here but when their admissions process takes so long, of course it will).

And then there are those of us that interviewed that day and still haven't heard anything (going on 7 weeks). Yay. :lame:

And then there are those of us that interviewed that day and still haven't heard anything (going on 7 weeks). Yay. :lame:
I honestly have no tolerance for this system and have been as vocal with AMCAS as I could possibly be throughout this process. I have said numerous times, I will become a doctor in spite of this system. Remember a time when becoming a physician meant you were an apprentice? We could do away with this entire debacle called AMCAS if we reverted back to that type of system and wouldn't it be nice to see them be the ones shaking in their shoes for a change? When I become a physician, believe that I will do everything in my power to change this process.

I am honestly confused why they are still running interviews past the April 30th deadline. No offense to anyone who has interviews in May, but it is just odd. Like does anyone know why a school would run interviews in May, because they have three more interview dates?

I am honestly confused why they are still running interviews past the April 30th deadline. No offense to anyone who has interviews in May, but it is just odd. Like does anyone know why a school would run interviews in May, because they have three more interview dates?

I think they mentioned during my interview that they interview into May for their MSBS students. But I still think it’s really odd

I’m noticing that all the recent interviewees who have heard back are getting waitlisted and no acceptances. Do you all think the class is full now??? :(
I interviewed late March.

I think they mentioned during my interview that they interview into May for their MSBS students. But I still think it’s really odd
They do interview MSBS in May but there are also regular applicants interviewing as well, my original date was scheduled for May and I was able to get it bumped up to March. I'm surprised that they are allowed to go past the traffic dates. They were put into place by the governing body for a reason...

I’m noticing that all the recent interviewees who have heard back are getting waitlisted and no acceptances. Do you all think the class is full now??? :(
I interviewed late March.
I don’t think they are full. You have to keep in mind that the only people you hear from are the ones on this forum. There are plenty of people who haven’t been commenting on here who have interviewed as well. For one interview day, there are 20 people, and I think only 5 or 6 people from the 3/15 date have posted on here and said they have been waitlisted.

Reactions: 3 users
JUST finally got denied pre-II, thanks for the closure Toledo :laugh:

I don’t think they are full. You have to keep in mind that the only people you hear from are the ones on this forum. There are plenty of people who haven’t been commenting on here who have interviewed as well. For one interview day, there are 20 people, and I think only 5 or 6 people from the 3/15 date have posted on here and said they have been waitlisted.

+1 waitlisted from that interview date.

Incidentally, who are you all addressing your letters of intent to? When I looked on the website, there was no 1 person that was the dean of admissions, and I'm unsure which of the couple of people that have sent the emails I should address the letter to.

Last edited:
+1 waitlisted from that interview date.

Incidentally, who are you all addressing your letters of intent to? When I looked on the website, there was no 1 person that was the dean of admissions, and I'm unsure which of the couple of people that have sent the emails I should address the letter to.
Also looking for this information

Has anyone that interviewed 3/22 heard back yet? Tomorrow morning will be exactly 6 weeks! So nervous!

Has anyone that interviewed 3/22 heard back yet? Tomorrow morning will be exactly 6 weeks! So nervous!
Judging by this thread it seems like the last to hear back is 3/15. With tomorrow being the last interview day (good luck everyone!) I won't be completely surprised if late March interviewees start to hear back next week.

What are even the odds of an acceptance off the waitlist? Pretty slim? 3/15 interview. WL yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are even the odds of an acceptance off the waitlist? Pretty slim? 3/15 interview. WL yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
From the WL letter, sounds like not a high likelihood but you never know....

"The number of students admitted from the alternative list varies from year to year. Our class size is set at 175, and most years some portion of the final class is made up of candidates admitted through the alternate list process."

I'm sorry to hear about all the waitlisted people.

However,

The fact that they are waitlisting, and not rejecting, means there ARE spots available. So don't give up yet guys!

I have an interview tomorrow and I feel the same way. I feel like this is going to be a waste of my time because it is so late in the cycle. Nonetheless, here I am sitting in my hotel room getting ready for my interview.

I have an interview tomorrow and I feel the same way. I feel like this is going to be a waste of my time because it is so late in the cycle. Nonetheless, here I am sitting in my hotel room getting ready for my interview.

Youve got this!! Dont lose the faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget that there are many reasons why you got invited for an interview - best of luck to you!

Has anyone gotten a financial aid package yet???

It’s literally all I’ve been thinking about for weeks. Hopefully we get some good news by the end of next week! Good luck to you as well!!

I just looked at last year's thread, and the first post about being accepted off of the waitlist was on June 27. :boom::boom:

Will be withdrawing today. Good luck everyone!

Approaching 8 weeks... :nailbiting:

Does anyone know the amount of members in the Class of '22 Facebook page?

I know someone who is a medical student at UT and they told me that anyone can join the group. It is monitored by students not the admissions. So it is not repesentative of how many people have been accepted into their class.

I know someone who is a medical student at UT and they told me that anyone can join the group. It is monitored by students not the admissions. So it is not repesentative of how many people have been accepted into their class.

Also, a lot of people in med school fb groups are current students. We have to take into consideration that students that have withdrawn their acceptance, could have just forgotten to remove themselves from the group as well.

Also, a lot of people in med school fb groups are current students. We have to take into consideration that students that have withdrawn their acceptance, could have just forgotten to remove themselves from the group as well.

I wasn't trying to imply it would be an exact representation of spots remaining, but it would give more insight than basing a WAG on perusing an SDN thread.

I'm in the group. There are 351 members. Most of them are newly accepted students and M2's, M3's and M4' looking for roommates, so the number is obviously not representative of accepted M1's.

I'm in the group. There are 351 members. Most of them are newly accepted students and M2's, M3's and M4' looking for roommates, so the number is obviously not representative of accepted M1's.
Gotcha, thanks! So I guess perusing SDN is a better indicator after all.

Just called the Admission Office to ask when 3/16 interviewees should expect to hear back, the staff said it should be very soon. I assume probably this or next week .

Reactions: 3 users

Hi, All --

Current Student here at Toledo... The Facebook Group only allows accepted students and risings M2s, M3s, and M4s to join the page. Just keep that in mind!

Best of luck to everyone! Here to answer any questions you may have moving forward.

I still have not received a rejection from Toledo yet. The only school that I applied to that has not sent me anything since I applied. Strange.