2017-2018 University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Update 1/17/18:

• Followed your advice and sent them an e-mail yesterday that I was a local and that I was flexible if they were to have a cancellation. Today I got an e-mail back saying that my 3/29 appointment could be moved up to this month because someone had canceled!

• After my secondary was complete I started working as a scribe with doctors of various specialties, but it wasn't in my application under experience. Should I update them on that or what?

• Now that my interview is much closer, I'm going to need any tips, pointers, advice, red flags to watch out for, resources to use, just anything that can help, not just me but everyone else applying!

• "TOL-"
Toledo has a place in their portal for update letters, just write about your new experiences and upload it there.
I think this guide is one of the best for interviews
Goro’s guide to interviews

Members don't see this ad.

Any tips for an upcoming interview at Toledo? :) Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall! I have an interview here February 8. Anyone else gonna be there that day too?

Also, to answer a question a lot of people have been asking: Am I just interviewing for a spot on the waitlist? The answer is no, thankfully. I researched at UT under a person on the admissions board and he gave me a mock interview last week and I asked him that question. He says there are still spots open until after the last interviews.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna be interviewed on Feb 16th. Anyone gonna be there ??
Best luck everyone

Interview ✓
Had it today. It was good (I hope lol) and it was a good experience. I had my undergrad here so little biased, but others were also really impressed with Simulation Center. Thanks again @ilekaj and others here for your advice! We will see soon how everything plays out! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
How quickly has Toledo gotten back to everyone post interview? Thanks!

Anybody know how long they send IIs?

Reactions: 2 users
they send them through at least March I was told, unsure if it will go past since they haven't been interviewing very much
Why do you say they haven’t been interviewing much? Do you mean that many interviewees aren’t showing up to their interview?

Does anyone know if the MMI is open file? In other words, are any of the MMI stations focused on asking the applicant specific questions from their application/essays (more like a traditional interview)?

Along the same lines, is there a more traditional interview before or after the MMI stations?

Thanks everyone!

Why do you say they haven’t been interviewing much? Do you mean that many interviewees aren’t showing up to their interview?
I mean that they haven't had that many interview dates! So they interviewed in October and then just began interviewing again in January so they have a lot more interviews in the upcoming weeks/months I am pretty sure.
Does anyone know if the MMI is open file? In other words, are any of the MMI stations focused on asking the applicant specific questions from their application/essays (more like a traditional interview)?

Along the same lines, is there a more traditional interview before or after the MMI stations?

Thanks everyone!
and it was closed file I guess because everyone on the interview date has the same set of questions they answer! also there is not traditional portion before/after its purely the 80 minute MMI for the interview portion of the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
Do you have any advice for us ( gonna be interviewed on the 16th) ?
I wish you the best :).

Hey,
Do you have any advice for us ( gonna be interviewed on the 16th) ?
I wish you the best :).
The interview was better than I expected. There are 8 stations and 2 of those are rest stations. YOu get two minutes to read the prompt and six to discuss with the interviewer. It is a back and forth conversation so don't think you'll be speaking to the interviewer for six minutes non stop. Time actually goes faster than one would think. It is a relaxed day and interview over all. No acting scenarios or anything like that. I would say the best way to practice is to look up mmi scenarios and try to see the different issues associated with each scenario. You will more than likely not encounter any of the scenarios you practice with, but I think this practicing helps you look at situations from different perspectives and therefore helps you learn how to analyze and discuss things critically. Good luck on your interview and feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

The interview was better than I expected. There are 8 stations and 2 of those are rest stations. YOu get two minutes to read the prompt and six to discuss with the interviewer. It is a back and forth conversation so don't think you'll be speaking to the interviewer for six minutes non stop. Time actually goes faster than one would think. It is a relaxed day and interview over all. No acting scenarios or anything like that. I would say the best way to practice is to look up mmi scenarios and try to see the different issues associated with each scenario. You will more than likely not encounter any of the scenarios you practice with, but I think this practicing helps you look at situations from different perspectives and therefore helps you learn how to analyze and discuss things critically. Good luck on your interview and feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
So, all stations were scenario based and not the traditional questions such as why medicine or why you wanna become a physician and so on. "Not sure if you can answer the question or not"
I really appriciate your input.

So, all stations were scenario based and not the traditional questions such as why medicine or why you wanna become a physician and so on. "Not sure if you can answer the question or not"
I really appriciate your input.
Yes that’s almost entirely true. Although on one of my stations I did get one of the traditional questions it wasn’t part of the scenario it almost seemed like it was relevant and came up during that one particular interview. Although you can expect every station to be scenario based I would say it is crucial for you to be prepared with the most common traditional questions such as why medicine, tell me about yourself, and so on. You never know and it’s better to be prepared than to be caught off guard.

Like I said I only got one traditional question, but I am unsure if it was “planned” by the interviewer or if it was asked in the spur of the moment. (not sure if I’m making sense)?

Have any January interviewees heard back yet?

Have any January interviewees heard back yet?
Nope, but I was mid-Jan (19th). This week (Friday, really) is on the early end of when they said we might expect a response. If I remember correctly, they said usually they get back 2 weeks after the interview but they're running a bit behind at the moment so more like 3-4 weeks.

I also interviewed on th 19th and I was surprised because they said we would hear back within 2-3 weeks but everyone here who’s been accepted seemed to get a response after close to two months. I’m wondering if it’ll be that long for us too.

I also interviewed on th 19th and I was surprised because they said we would hear back within 2-3 weeks but everyone here who’s been accepted seemed to get a response after close to two months. I’m wondering if it’ll be that long for us too.

I was there on the 19th as well :) She did make it sound like we should seriously expect a response within 2-3 weeks. Hoping it is good news for all of us!

I was there on the 19th as well :) She did make it sound like we should seriously expect a response within 2-3 weeks. Hoping it is good news for all of us!
Fingers crossed

Yooooo toledo it's been 6 months since I've been complete. Pls make a decision

For everyone interviewing tomorrow: be safe and leave early to get there. Snow is supposed to be pretty bad

Interview 01/19 as well and the waiting is torture ! :bang:

Does anyone know if there are interview groups before 1/19 that are still waiting to hear back?

Accepted via portal and email! From the 1/19 interview group. First acceptance, it's a surreal feeling.

Just got waitlisted

I'm sorry to hear that... better than an "R" though! Have you heard what WL movement is like here? I don't have access to the MSAR anymore but it's a big entering class which makes me think they rely on a bit of WL movement to fill it.

Accepted via portal and email! From the 1/19 interview group. First acceptance, it's a surreal feeling.

I'm sorry to hear that... better than an "R" though! Have you heard what WL movement is like here? I don't have access to the MSAR anymore but it's a big entering class which makes me think they rely on a bit of WL movement to fill it.
Thanks, I really don’t know about the waitlist movement but I just hate the uncertainty. Well I’m still waiting to hear back from 2 MD schools where I interviewed and I have a spot at a DO school I loved. I’m not gonna lie I loved toledo too and was really hoping to secure a spot but with this being my second time appliying I’m just happy to be in somewhere. Oh and congratulations to you and everyone else who was accepted

Last edited:
Accepted today and am super excited! (Interviewed in January)

Congrats to all those accepted! As for the rest of us, we wait.

Last edited:
The interview groups always pass by where I sit in the library and I always wonder if anyone in this thread is in the group. Congrats to those accepted!!!

The interview groups always pass by where I sit in the library and I always wonder if anyone in this thread is in the group. Congrats to those accepted!!!
I was there Friday :)

Does anyone know if UT has dedicated Step study time?

A couple questions for current students if any watch this thread:

Any word on how supportive the school is for students who are struggling academically?

How clear are the academic expectations and long term expectations?

How clear is communication in regards to setting up rotations?

Thanks!

Any word on how supportive the school is for students who are struggling academically?
Not a student, but during the tour they showed us an AEC - academic enrichment center - and they said they offered tutoring/academic as well as personal/adaptive assistance.

Good luck to everyone who's interviewing tomorrow.

Good luck to those interviewing today! Was just on campus and saw the signs :)

How are people hearing back so fast??? The dean told us 7-8 weeks at the interview on 2/2. Is that not really the case?

How are people hearing back so fast??? The dean told us 7-8 weeks at the interview on 2/2. Is that not really the case?
I am not sure, but when I interviewed on 2/7 they said 3-4 weeks.

Seems like either not a lot of IIs or not much reporting on SDN? IS and been complete since July..

Seems like either not a lot of IIs or not much reporting on SDN? IS and been complete since July..

I talked to someone in the admission office and they said they are running interviews until Mid-May. So, there is still a chance for you to hear back from them!

I talked to someone in the admission office and they said they are running interviews until Mid-May. So, there is still a chance for you to hear back from them!
May or march????? May seems super late but I dont mind cuz that means their cycle is only 1/2 way over haha

Still waiting! It's weird because 1/19 interviews heard back two weeks ago, but 1/26 interview still not hear anything back, but we shall keep waiting!

Just got a call for an interview for next Friday. Completed 7/28 lizzy m score 59.4

@buckoh24 It's May 11 for the last interview date on their calendar, so mid May is right lol!

@Bucks_95 Congrats! Good luck next Friday!

Still waiting! It's weird because 1/19 interviews heard back two weeks ago, but 1/26 interview still not hear anything back, but we shall keep waiting!

I am not sure if I am correct, but I heard that January 26th interview date was canceled. I may or may not be confusing it with another medical school. Please correct me if I am incorrect!