2017-2018 University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Toledo should send me one of those lovely IIs plz

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Jk, I scheduled my interview for May 4th, that's plenty of time to figure things out.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I just got accepted. 3/13

Interview date: 2/8

GPA 3.91 , science GPA 3.85, MCAT 502
Astronomy research and had 200+ hospital related service.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
To those accepted, when/how were you notified? Trying to gauge if it's a all at once type thing or if decisions are trickling out one at a time

I was notified via email, well about 8 emails actually. They all came in between 9 and 9:10am.

Just got an II today but will likely not be accepting it. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! I'm so excited and grateful!:soexcited:
Interviewed 02/08! Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
I interviewed that day too! OMG I might know you, I talked to everyone that day.

Reactions: 1 user
I got 6 emails lol. I knew before I read them, that I got in. They won't send 6 emails to tell you that you're rejected lol
Lol I'm imagining if they did - fourth email would say "Just in case you weren't 100% sure from the first three emails.. we don't want you. Might send 2 more emails so the message really sticks, so be on the lookout."

Do the emails say anything about financial aid? Does anyone know how good UT is with giving out finaid?

Has Toledo sent out pre II rejections? I still have yet to hear anything from this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a II yesterday and had to schedule it for mid-May since I have a trip planned for those first 2 weeks. Is it even worth it at this point? May just seems so late to me. I also got a call around 7:30 this morning saying an earlier spot opened up for tomorrow, but that's just too short notice for me.

Last edited:
I got a II yesterday and had to schedule it for mid-May since I have a trip planned for the first 2 weeks. Is it even worth it at this point? May just seems so late to me. I also got a call around 7:30 this morning saying an earlier spot opened up for tomorrow, but that's just too short notice for me.
Tell them Ill take it lol. They just gotta send me an II

Reactions: 2 users
Hahaha +1. Definitely would jump on that II if they would just send it my way
All I have to do is give myself ample driving time and iron my shirt. Sent that II my way fam. Im ready.

Lol I'm imagining if they did - fourth email would say "Just in case you weren't 100% sure from the first three emails.. we don't want you. Might send 2 more emails so the message really sticks, so be on the lookout."

Do the emails say anything about financial aid? Does anyone know how good UT is with giving out finaid?
I am not sure how good they are at giving FA, but they do provide a good bit on info on it. One email is dedicated to Financial Aid info, and they discuss loans, scholarships, etc.

Ughhhh I’m annoyed that I haven’t received UT’s decision and I interviewed on 2/8 too. Anyone else still waiting?

I'm still waiting!
I have my interview on Friday (03/16)! I’m scared that I’ll be waitlisted or denied and have to either make the decision to commit somewhere else (if I get an offer somewhere else) or wait another cycle and reaplly

Ughhhh I’m annoyed that I haven’t received UT’s decision and I interviewed on 2/8 too. Anyone else still waiting?

Yeah, interviewed same day.. and it sucks, why can't they just send all decisions at the same time?

I have my interview on Friday (03/16)! I’m scared that I’ll be waitlisted or denied and have to either make the decision to commit somewhere else (if I get an offer somewhere else) or wait another cycle and reaplly
Don’t worry! It is not that late in the cycle honestly. My mentor is on the admissions board at UT and I had the same worries when I interviewed 2/8. But he said that there are always spots open even on the last interview day (which is in April or May I think). So you are not interviewing for a waitlist spot, there is still hope!!!! You’ll do amazing I bet :)

Interviewed on 2/9 and still waiting to hear! It's frustrating but I think we will all hear pretty soon. Good luck to everyone!

To those that have already interviewed, is there a significant amount of time spent walking outside? Trying to figure out my outfit lol. Also, I hope they email me my schedule soon!!

To those that have already interviewed, is there a significant amount of time spent walking outside? Trying to figure out my outfit lol. Also, I hope they email me my schedule soon!!

We didn’t go outside at all! :) There are tunnels that connect the buildings

Did anyone interviewed on 2/16 heard back yet ?

Interviewed March 2nd, if I get denied then I'll have to retake the MCAT in May and reapply next cycle. Really would like to take the next few weeks to relax a bit. Should I keep studying for the MCAT or wait until I hear back from UT?

Interviewed March 2nd, if I get denied then I'll have to retake the MCAT in May and reapply next cycle. Really would like to take the next few weeks to relax a bit. Should I keep studying for the MCAT or wait until I hear back from UT?

What is your MCAT score? I got in with a 502. Toledo was my only interview, so I actually started studying for the MCAT last November thinking for sure I wouldn't get in, but then I did. You never know. The annoying thing is that you might not find out if you got in until mid April. I aced my interview, despite my low MCAT. How well do you think your interview went?

What is your MCAT score? I got in with a 502. Toledo was my only interview, so I actually started studying for the MCAT last November thinking for sure I wouldn't get in, but then I did. You never know. The annoying thing is that you might not find out if you got in until mid April. I aced my interview, despite my low MCAT. How well do you think your interview went?
MCAT 504, I thought 7/8 interviews went really well, the first one wasn't great since I was a little nervous to start. I'm worried I'll waste the next few weeks waiting and get denied, or on the other hand kill myself for a month and get accepted. Toledo was my only interview as well so I feel like the interviews went really well but its hard to compare it to anything.

MCAT 504, I thought 7/8 interviews went really well, the first one wasn't great since I was a little nervous to start. I'm worried I'll waste the next few weeks waiting and get denied, or on the other hand kill myself for a month and get accepted. Toledo was my only interview as well so I feel like the interviews went really well but its hard to compare it to anything.

What's more better: not getting in and lose precious MCAT study time or find out you got in but you wasted time studying for something you don't need to retake?

Even after my interview I continued studying for the MCAT, and when I got in, I didn't regret it. As a cautious person, I always try to make sure I consider everything. If I were you, I would continue studying, but maybe not too crazy.

Just in case.

And don't worry about your first interview, I knew I screwed up 2/8, but I still got in.

Do any current students have any insights about the Second Look event? I know it's optional, but is it something that is highly recommended to attend? Would you strongly regret it if you didn't/couldn't attend?

Also, is it more so a day that students use to find their future roommates and medical school friends, or is it more a day to show your family members around the school since they are also invited to attend?

Any comments would be appreciated!

To all my other homies who interviewed on 2/8 I called the admission office today asking when we would know by. She said there is not set date but that it’s likely we will find out soon and they will notify us before people from other interview dates. Also she was pretty much begging me to understand that just because we haven’t heard anything back doesn’t mean anything about how the committee feels about our application/Interview, so that was nice to hear (even though I didn’t even ask anything about that haha). Good luck everyone!!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Do any current students have any insights about the Second Look event? I know it's optional, but is it something that is highly recommended to attend? Would you strongly regret it if you didn't/couldn't attend?

Also, is it more so a day that students use to find their future roommates and medical school friends, or is it more a day to show your family members around the school since they are also invited to attend?

Any comments would be appreciated!

+1

I'm also interested in knowing this. I'm actually looking for a roommate, so hopefully the event helps with that.

+1

I'm also interested in knowing this. I'm actually looking for a roommate, so hopefully the event helps with that.

I'm looking for a roommate too! As well as an acceptance email....

To all my other homies who interviewed on 2/8 I called the admission office today asking when we would know by. She said there is not set date but that it’s likely we will find out soon and they will notify us before people from other interview dates. Also she was pretty much begging me to understand that just because we haven’t heard anything back doesn’t mean anything about how the committee feels about our application/Interview, so that was nice to hear (even though I didn’t even ask anything about that haha). Good luck everyone!!! :)

Thank you, that was very much appreciated

I still have not heard back. I know @Doglovr2433 interviewed 1/26 and was accepted. I also saw on their FB page that two others from the 1/26 date were added to the page. But I have yet to hear back and I think they will get back pretty soon. I've gone crazy waiting, and hearing others get accepted has made me question why I hadn't received anything yet lol!

Congrats, and thanks for doing this! So my question is, what did you do from FEB 14th when they waitlisted you to JUNE when they accepted you!!? Like by mid May, I wouldn't have thought I was getting accepted let alone in June, so you must have had a plan B? Were you just going to take a gap year, or were you accepted elsewhere, or what? Also, on the FB thing, roughly how many of those members would you say are M1's and how many are actually incoming students, I see names but I have no clue (other than profile pic) if the person was an M1 or a new student. Just how time-consuming is med school at UT? Thanks again!

Sorry for the late reply! I actually was planning on applying again the next year, I considered going to the Caribbean but weighing the risks and benefits it didn't seem like the best thing to do. I was working as an EMT at the time and I didn't want to go back to a masters program so it was basically just a really sad and horrible four months. As for the facebook page, I'm not a hundred percent sure but I can tell you that 90 of my facebook friends are on there if that gives an idea. There are some M2s also on there, so its a pretty big mix. Med school here is definitely as time consuming as you make it, the coursework itself depending on your background is tough but manageable. The thing that makes it difficult to balance is your extra-curriculars like free clinic time, or any electives that you're taking. You can pack your schedule with as much stuff as you want so its a very different thing for everyone I would say.

Thanks for the helping info! With the clinical aspect for M1 students, do you actually get to perform patient assessments or is it more like shadowing/patient history? Do you know if you're going to be doing more and more types of assessments as time goes on?
I know a lot of schools are proud that they provide clinical experience from the first year, but I heard that for some schools its really a lot like shadowing, so you don't do much. I just want to know if that's the case at Toledo with the new curriculum.
Thanks!

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. To answer your question kind of generally, we learned and were tested on how to complete a full general assessment and physical at the end of last "semester" and this one we're learning more focused assessments like neuro, musculoskeletal, etc. If you participate in the clinic that we have as an elective opportunity, you're paired with a clinical student or experienced student and you do the full history and physical with a presentation to the physician when you've gathered enough. The clinic is voluntary so you can sign up for them if you want to practice. For the actual curriculum like I mentioned we are part of an Integrated Clinical Experience program that pairs us with a mentor and it's up to them to let you do as much or little as you're comfortable with. Mine personally lets me do assessments independently now that I've been there a few times, and she just double checks things when they're abnormal. They're really good with asking questions and teaching to keep you on your toes, I had some EMT experience beforehand and I still think its pretty awesome that we get to this our first year. That being said, I go to a ton of clinics so a student that doesn't do that might have different ideas. Hope that helped!

Does anyone know when we will find out about financial aid?

Has anyone with a <3.3 cGPA (The 10th percentile) been accepted yet. I interviewed in March and I was wondering if I had a legitimate chance of getting in or not. My MCAT was only a 511 so I'm worried that I only got an interview since I'm from the Toledo area.

My portal has been updated. ACCEPTED!

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED :rofl:GOT THE EMAIL THIS MORNING!! I am beyond happy omg :)

Okay okay, so stats. I interviewed Feb 8th, got accepted 43 days later. 3.6 GPA, 510 MCAT, 6 years experience as a paramedic currently working in a mobile intensive care unit. Worked as a medic during college to pay my way through. I got the II sometime in December I think.. I'm busting Jerry, I'm busting!

Hope to see everyone from my interview date there:) i was the one that made the smiley face out of the candy in one of the interview break rooms :)

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone with a <3.3 cGPA (The 10th percentile) been accepted yet. I interviewed in March and I was wondering if I had a legitimate chance of getting in or not. My MCAT was only a 511 so I'm worried that I only got an interview since I'm from the Toledo area.
I can tell you that my cGPA was lower than a 3.3