2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an II for this school and I am so flipping excited - I can't even describe my excitement!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. You're always so positive and nice on here. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. You're always so positive and nice on here. :)
Thanks so much! It would be great to see you on the interview trail!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there bright and early! :)

Multiple interviews at the same school, eh? They must really like you.

Do you know if Wake super scores your MMI, or is it just your highest score? ;)

I received an II for this school and I am so flipping excited - I can't even describe my excitement!

You'll love it. Wake was my first interview, and they definitely set the bar SUPER high. If I don't get an acceptance next week, I will be completely devastated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Wake review applications regardless of complete date? I was complete early August but haven't heard anything, while it seems as though many people who were complete after me have already been rejected, etc.

Does this school screen for secondaries? I submitted my primary recently and have not got anything.

Does Wake review applications regardless of complete date? I was complete early August but haven't heard anything, while it seems as though many people who were complete after me have already been rejected, etc.
Nothing for me but silence. Submitted late August, ORM.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything either, complete late July

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nothing yet for me, complete early July

Does this school screen for secondaries? I submitted my primary recently and have not got anything.

I think they send them out in batches every week or two - it took at least a few days to receive mine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else compulsively checking their email for a decision today?

Reactions: 2 users
From what I remember seeing here, they actually have another round of interviews today. So I expect them to send decisions at the earliest in the mid afternoon if not the end of the day. On that note, fingers crossed for everybody!

From what I remember seeing here, they actually have another round of interviews today. So I expect them to send decisions at the earliest in the mid afternoon if not the end of the day. On that note, fingers crossed for everybody!

Last edited:

at my interview they said not to expect anything until Tuesday

Soooo, not to make everybody start compulsively checking their email, but I just got an ACCEPTANCE! And it freaked me out, because I was expecting a phone call - seeing the email led me to believe it would be a rejection. Lol

Reactions: 10 users
Soooo, not to make everybody start compulsively checking their email, but I just got an ACCEPTANCE! And it freaked me out, because I was expecting a phone call - seeing the email led me to believe it would be a rejection. Lol

You're making me do exactly that. You're going to be the death of me LOL. CONGRATS!!!

Didn't get an email but i neurotically checked my portal and saw "Your application is on the wait list and under active consideration. You will be notified of any status change.". I'm not sure about it since I haven't gotten an email yet, but I'm guessing I've been waitlisted. Definitely a hard pill to swallow because I really love this school and the area. Since there isn't any movement on waitlist until after the multiple acceptances deadline passes, I'll keep checking back every once in a while. According to MSAR, wake takes 25-35% of their incoming class from waitlist, so I do have my fingers crossed for that.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!!! Holy cow it's been a long couple of years full of ups and down. I literally don't know how to feel.

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I interviewed here today, and another vote for how amazing this school is! Loved meeting everyone and hearing about their curriculum. Keeping fingers crossed for good news :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Does anyone know how the waitlist procedure works? Are the applications of waitlisted candidates put aside until after the multiple admissions deadline, or are they continually considered? Just wondering because it would be nice to know if we're not going to hear back until the spring. Thanks.

Accepted!! Holy crap I thought I was going to open a rejection when I saw the email, "Please see attached."

Reactions: 5 users
Hi! Does anyone know how the waitlist procedure works? Are the applications of waitlisted candidates put aside until after the multiple admissions deadline, or are they continually considered? Just wondering because it would be nice to know if we're not going to hear back until the spring. Thanks.
Waitlisted too. The MSAR says "Acceptance from the waitlist usually happens after June 1 of each cycle."

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I interviewed here today, and another vote for how amazing this school is! Loved meeting everyone and hearing about their curriculum. Keeping fingers crossed for good news :)
It was totally gorgeous. I already knew this was my top choice for various reasons, but now that I've seen it, I'm going to be really upset if I have to go anywhere else.

Guys... they have four houses just like Hogwarts! And there's a house cup and everything! Apparently Yellow House has won it every year since they started having it. I think this may have been one of the things that made me the most excited, if that doesn't come across as ridiculous. I never did the traditional college experience - only lived on campus one year but was too busy with work to participate in activities. Once I moved off campus I just went to class and never came to school for anything else.

The students stay in their same houses all four years, plus stay in the same small groups of people, working longitudinally together over the years. I'm really looking forward to actually getting to know people in a deeper, more meaningful way. I want an acceptance here so bad!

One of the admissions staff said today that they might pull people off the waitlist in December, actually, just depending on how things go. She said otherwise we won't hear back until May.

Reactions: 3 users
It was totally gorgeous. I already knew this was my top choice for various reasons, but now that I've seen it, I'm going to be really upset if I have to go anywhere else.

Guys... they have four houses just like Hogwarts! And there's a house cup and everything! Apparently Yellow House has won it every year since they started having it. I think this may have been one of the things that made me the most excited, if that doesn't come across as ridiculous. I never did the traditional college experience - only lived on campus one year but was too busy with work to participate in activities. Once I moved off campus I just went to class and never came to school for anything else.

The students stay in their same houses all four years, plus stay in the same small groups of people, working longitudinally together over the years. I'm really looking forward to actually getting to know people in a deeper, more meaningful way. I want an acceptance here so bad!

One of the admissions staff said today that they might pull people off the waitlist in December, actually, just depending on how things go. She said otherwise we won't hear back until May.

oh my goodness, I cannot WAIT for my interview. Y'all are making me so excited!

Does anyone know if wake forest over accepts students for their class size or just accepts up to the class size number?

Same I was 8/15 complete, submitted on 8/3

Is it worth it to send an update about a published scientific book chapter, a new volunteering role with teaching/underserved schools, as well as continued clinical volunteering that I just began on my primary?

I sent updates to other schools but I didnt know they allowed one here

Last edited:
Same here for 8/25. Haven't heard anything from a single school and my confidence in quickly falling.

You were merely adopted by silence. I was born in it, molded by it, I did't see interviews till...

complete mid july here. still waiting.

Reactions: 6 users
Luckily I've gotten 4 IIs so far. But the other 6 schools I applied to are curvin me.

@Pathdocmd so I was rejected after the interview. Was really hoping to get in here, and bummed out :( Anyways, does this school give its applicant feedback on how to improve? Also, is rejection after the interview completely because you didn't abode well in the interview, or do they still look at your application as a whole after the interview. I personally felt that I did decent at the interview, and was shaken by the rejection.

still no interview for me lol complete early august

@Pathdocmd so I was rejected after the interview. Was really hoping to get in here, and bummed out :( Anyways, does this school give its applicant feedback on how to improve? Also, is rejection after the interview completely because you didn't abode well in the interview, or do they still look at your application as a whole after the interview. I personally felt that I did decent at the interview, and was shaken by the rejection.

Hey, I'm (obviously) not pathdoc, but they told us at the interview that they actually are open to giving applicant feedback. However, they said not to reach out until the spring because they're going to swamped until then. Sorry to hear about the R, but keep your chin up!

You can reach out to the Admissions office but applicant feedback will not be given until all of the medical schools you applied to send a final decision. Appointments are usually made between May-July.

Is there one of those informal dinners the night before the interview?