-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wake Forest University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No, this year we are choosing people entirely on their SDN avatar. It saves so much time and is much more entertaining that reading all those essays. 😉Guys guys guys!!! I got an II invite today!! That snarky comment must have brought me good luck, haha.
Submitted 8/6, confirmation of materials on 8/15. I was given the options of most Mondays in October.
Welp I'm doneNo, this year we are choosing people entirely on their SND avatar. It saves so much time and is much more entertaining that reading all those essays. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah, you're just giving off that elusive, mysterious vibe that just leaves people wanting to know more.Welp I'm done![]()
No, this year we are choosing people entirely on their SDN avatar. It saves so much time and is much more entertaining that reading all those essays. 😉
🤣So basically I should be submitting baby stingrays as my headshot for med school apps. Got it 😀
You would certainly be remembered at committee meeting...🤣So basically I should be submitting baby stingrays as my headshot for med school apps. Got it 😀
I'm totally okay with this. 😀Nah, you're just giving off that elusive, mysterious vibe that just leaves people wanting to know more.
II today for MD/PhD program. If there is someone out there doing that program, can you let me know if I should plan to book my flight the day after the interviews or if I can get away with booking one the night of. It is unclear when the PhD interview portion will end..Thanks!
Sorry to hear. Hope you have better luck elsewhere. Did you hear back via email?Rejected.
IS 503 MCAT 3.5 GPA.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For those who are familiar with Winston-Salem, are Ubers plentiful? I am hoping to Uber to the Greensboro airport at 3 am on a Tuesday, and I am not sure if that is a good plan.
@Pathdocmd I have an update letter (which I have already emailed/uploaded to other schools but not here b/c I got an interview before that🙂 ). My interview is in 4 days at WFSM. How should I make them aware of my updates? Should I email the update letter after the interview or give it to them at the interview? Any thoughts? Thanks.
I would e-mail it now.@Pathdocmd I have an update letter (which I have already emailed/uploaded to other schools but not here b/c I got an interview before that🙂 ). My interview is in 4 days at WFSM. How should I make them aware of my updates? Should I email the update letter after the interview or give it to them at the interview? Any thoughts? Thanks.
@Pathdocmd I have an update letter (which I have already emailed/uploaded to other schools but not here b/c I got an interview before that🙂 ). My interview is in 4 days at WFSM. How should I make them aware of my updates? Should I email the update letter after the interview or give it to them at the interview? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Did you send schools your update letter prior to getting an interview? I was wondering if schools would be receptive to that this early into the cycle.
Just did! Thanks for the advise.I would e-mail it now.
So one of my papers was accepted for publication, and I send that update to every school. Then on Sept. 1st, I sent another update to all the schools (or the ones that allowed lol) of my volunteering at various places, my own personal extension of another activity that was tied w/ my activities on primary, and an increased official job responsiblity--all of which started in May, but I didn't list it in the primary to avoid any negative impression. So if you do happen to have substantial updates, I would, personally, recommend you update whenever.Did you send schools your update letter prior to getting an interview? I was wondering if schools would be receptive to that this early into the cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! 4.0 and 522. Complete on August 18. Haven't heard anything. Can someone tell me what that might mean?
Troll?
Hey, so they said it's not necessary that my updates will get reviewed. Any thing I can do to ensure they are able to look at the updates, as they are decently substantial ( at leas the publication?). Thanks for your help!I would e-mail it now.
It goes in your file. It will be looked at as one part of the whole application, so unless it is truly extraordinary it probably won't make much difference.Hey, so they said it's not necessary that my updates will get reviewed. Any thing I can do to ensure they are able to look at the updates, as they are decently substantial ( at leas the publication?). Thanks for your help!
I've had good luck with Uber... but not at 3 AM on a Tuesday. I'd say that's probably hit or miss.For those who are familiar with Winston-Salem, are Ubers plentiful? I am hoping to Uber to the Greensboro airport at 3 am on a Tuesday, and I am not sure if that is a good plan.
There are several actual taxi services around, though, so you'd at least be able to use one of those.
Thanks!I've had good luck with Uber... but not at 3 AM on a Tuesday. I'd say that's probably hit or miss.
There are several actual taxi services around, though, so you'd at least be able to use one of those.
Good luck to those interviewing! I LOVE this school and am dying to be up in NC this fall or winter.
you and me both!! the school is really nice
I've had good luck with Uber... but not at 3 AM on a Tuesday. I'd say that's probably hit or miss.
There are several actual taxi services around, though, so you'd at least be able to use one of those.
Thanks!
Yes and with many actual taxi companies (such as Red Top, Yellowcab, etc.) you can actually call them in advance and schedule a pickup a few weeks or days ahead so that you know for sure there will be a taxi available for you at 3AM on a Tuesday. IMO that would be wise so that you are not left hanging, I'm sure they will happily take your business but they might not anticipate it unless you call in advance.
.
i looked into my emails and only see a complete email sent about 10 days after i submitted the secondary
Yea I wouldn't trust Uber in gboro at 3 in the morning. Reserve a cab and have it pick you up from the airportFor those who are familiar with Winston-Salem, are Ubers plentiful? I am hoping to Uber to the Greensboro airport at 3 am on a Tuesday, and I am not sure if that is a good plan.
Are the interviews open or closed file?
I believe they were changed this year to MMI, so I don't think your file matters - unless they have a specific station for more personal interviews.
They are closed file. The MMI raters only know your name. This is standard for MMI unless the school has a traditional non-MMI interview.Are the interviews open or closed file?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?Just rejected 🙁 good luck to those still in the running!
I just got rejected also OOS complete 8/27When were you complete?
Can you guys share your stats?
Complete early September (can't remember the date). 3.6 c/s gpa, 500 MCAT, URMCan you guys share your stats?
The website says "Wake Forest School of Medicine uses a hybrid method of Multiple Mini Interview’s. Applicants will cycle through a total of 10 scenario, teambuilding and interview stations." I thought this might mean that it also includes stations for traditional interview questions.They are closed file. The MMI raters only know your name. This is standard for MMI unless the school has a traditional non-MMI interview.
Does anyone know when Wake Forest is sending out more interview invitations?
It is a more open ended station. They still haven't read your file.The website says "Wake Forest School of Medicine uses a hybrid method of Multiple Mini Interview’s. Applicants will cycle through a total of 10 scenario, teambuilding and interview stations." I thought this might mean that it also includes stations for traditional interview questions.
With the MMI format, do you engage in conversation with interviewers or are you the only one speaking?
I just got rejected also OOS complete 8/27
stats?
Non-Trad URM, LizzyM of ~66 hope that helps.stats?
Thanks Pathdocmd!It is a more open ended station. They still haven't read your file.
I received an II for this school and I am so flipping excited - I can't even describe my excitement!
Congrats, that is awesome! Did you happen to notice if your portal changed?
Congrats, that is awesome! Did you happen to notice if your portal changed?
I haven't checked, but am doing so right now - it was a very welcome surprise email.
EDIT: It's already updated to say the interview has been scheduled, so I'm not sure if it changed before. I know it didn't say anything about it yesterday when I checked.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! The interview day at Wake is fantastic and very fun. Best of luck.I haven't checked, but am doing so right now - it was a very welcome surprise email.
EDIT: It's already updated to say the interview has been scheduled, so I'm not sure if it changed before. I know it didn't say anything about it yesterday when I checked.
I received an II for this school and I am so flipping excited - I can't even describe my excitement!
congrats! rooting for you since we took our mcats together 🙂
You, too! Let me know if you have an interview when I do - I'd love to meet up!!congrats! rooting for you since we took our mcats together 🙂
When were you complete?You, too! Let me know if you have an interview when I do - I'd love to meet up!!
Middle of August. LizzyM of 73-74 for those wondering, but very unbalanced MCAT/GPA combo.When were you complete?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K