2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Curious if anyone knows how many acceptances they send out to fill the class vs how many IIs.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys guys guys!!! I got an II invite today!! That snarky comment must have brought me good luck, haha.

Submitted 8/6, confirmation of materials on 8/15. I was given the options of most Mondays in October.
No, this year we are choosing people entirely on their SDN avatar. It saves so much time and is much more entertaining that reading all those essays. ;)

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, this year we are choosing people entirely on their SDN avatar. It saves so much time and is much more entertaining that reading all those essays. ;)

:rofl:So basically I should be submitting baby stingrays as my headshot for med school apps. Got it :D

Reactions: 1 users
II today for MD/PhD program. If there is someone out there doing that program, can you let me know if I should plan to book my flight the day after the interviews or if I can get away with booking one the night of. It is unclear when the PhD interview portion will end..Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
For those who are familiar with Winston-Salem, are Ubers plentiful? I am hoping to Uber to the Greensboro airport at 3 am on a Tuesday, and I am not sure if that is a good plan.

@Pathdocmd I have an update letter (which I have already emailed/uploaded to other schools but not here b/c I got an interview before that:) ). My interview is in 4 days at WFSM. How should I make them aware of my updates? Should I email the update letter after the interview or give it to them at the interview? Any thoughts? Thanks.

@Pathdocmd I have an update letter (which I have already emailed/uploaded to other schools but not here b/c I got an interview before that:) ). My interview is in 4 days at WFSM. How should I make them aware of my updates? Should I email the update letter after the interview or give it to them at the interview? Any thoughts? Thanks.
I would e-mail it now.

Reactions: 1 user

Did you send schools your update letter prior to getting an interview? I was wondering if schools would be receptive to that this early into the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send schools your update letter prior to getting an interview? I was wondering if schools would be receptive to that this early into the cycle.
So one of my papers was accepted for publication, and I send that update to every school. Then on Sept. 1st, I sent another update to all the schools (or the ones that allowed lol) of my volunteering at various places, my own personal extension of another activity that was tied w/ my activities on primary, and an increased official job responsiblity--all of which started in May, but I didn't list it in the primary to avoid any negative impression. So if you do happen to have substantial updates, I would, personally, recommend you update whenever.

I would e-mail it now.
Hey, so they said it's not necessary that my updates will get reviewed. Any thing I can do to ensure they are able to look at the updates, as they are decently substantial ( at leas the publication?). Thanks for your help!

Hey, so they said it's not necessary that my updates will get reviewed. Any thing I can do to ensure they are able to look at the updates, as they are decently substantial ( at leas the publication?). Thanks for your help!
It goes in your file. It will be looked at as one part of the whole application, so unless it is truly extraordinary it probably won't make much difference.

For those who are familiar with Winston-Salem, are Ubers plentiful? I am hoping to Uber to the Greensboro airport at 3 am on a Tuesday, and I am not sure if that is a good plan.
I've had good luck with Uber... but not at 3 AM on a Tuesday. I'd say that's probably hit or miss.

There are several actual taxi services around, though, so you'd at least be able to use one of those.

I've had good luck with Uber... but not at 3 AM on a Tuesday. I'd say that's probably hit or miss.

There are several actual taxi services around, though, so you'd at least be able to use one of those.
Thanks!

Good luck to those interviewing! I LOVE this school and am dying to be up in NC this fall or winter.

Yes and with many actual taxi companies (such as Red Top, Yellowcab, etc.) you can actually call them in advance and schedule a pickup a few weeks or days ahead so that you know for sure there will be a taxi available for you at 3AM on a Tuesday. IMO that would be wise so that you are not left hanging, I'm sure they will happily take your business but they might not anticipate it unless you call in advance.

Yea I wouldn't trust Uber in gboro at 3 in the morning. Reserve a cab and have it pick you up from the airport

Are the interviews open or closed file?

Are the interviews open or closed file?

I believe they were changed this year to MMI, so I don't think your file matters - unless they have a specific station for more personal interviews.

Just rejected :( good luck to those still in the running!

They are closed file. The MMI raters only know your name. This is standard for MMI unless the school has a traditional non-MMI interview.
The website says "Wake Forest School of Medicine uses a hybrid method of Multiple Mini Interview’s. Applicants will cycle through a total of 10 scenario, teambuilding and interview stations." I thought this might mean that it also includes stations for traditional interview questions.

The website says "Wake Forest School of Medicine uses a hybrid method of Multiple Mini Interview’s. Applicants will cycle through a total of 10 scenario, teambuilding and interview stations." I thought this might mean that it also includes stations for traditional interview questions.
It is a more open ended station. They still haven't read your file.

With the MMI format, do you engage in conversation with interviewers or are you the only one speaking?

What makes this school unique and stand out to you?

I received an II for this school and I am so flipping excited - I can't even describe my excitement!

Reactions: 18 users
I received an II for this school and I am so flipping excited - I can't even describe my excitement!

Congrats, that is awesome! Did you happen to notice if your portal changed?

Congrats, that is awesome! Did you happen to notice if your portal changed?

I haven't checked, but am doing so right now - it was a very welcome surprise email.

EDIT: It's already updated to say the interview has been scheduled, so I'm not sure if it changed before. I know it didn't say anything about it yesterday when I checked.

I haven't checked, but am doing so right now - it was a very welcome surprise email.

EDIT: It's already updated to say the interview has been scheduled, so I'm not sure if it changed before. I know it didn't say anything about it yesterday when I checked.
Congrats! The interview day at Wake is fantastic and very fun. Best of luck.

congrats! rooting for you since we took our mcats together :)
You, too! Let me know if you have an interview when I do - I'd love to meet up!!