-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wake Forest University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When were you completeRejected. IS. This one hurts a little, but I wish you all the very best of luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email from here too at 4:52 with at attachment! Im not opening this crap!! I know it's a rejection so joining this crew!! RIP
Edit: Rejected!!!
Edit: Rejected!!!
Last edited:
Ugh just got rejected as well! Please fill out the rejection survey and feel free to share these links in other school threads.
Link to survey: 2017-2018 Rejection survey
Link to results: 2017-2018 Rejection Survey Data
Link to survey: 2017-2018 Rejection survey
Link to results: 2017-2018 Rejection Survey Data
I was complete July 17th and I still haven't received a rejection or an interview invite... and now people from 8/15 are getting rejected already..... is this weird?
I would say that it is more positive than negative, they without a doubt would have reviewed it by now. Maybe they want to review again before inviting.I was complete July 17th and I still haven't received a rejection or an interview invite... and now people from 8/15 are getting rejected already..... is this weird?
I was complete exactly 8/15 (I submitted 8/2 I think but since they take longer to process) and haven't heard anything and that portal hasn't changed to anything either. I'm 515/3.3 so not expecting much either
They say in the e-mail once you complete that it won't update in portal and everything will be e-mailed about status updates.I was complete exactly 8/15 (I submitted 8/2 I think but since they take longer to process) and haven't heard anything and that portal hasn't changed to anything either. I'm 515/3.3 so not expecting much either
They say in the e-mail once you complete that it won't update in portal and everything will be e-mailed about status updates.
Oh I thought I saw previously that someone's said "you will be emailed about a decision" or something along those lines making it seem like the status changed but I guess not
Maybe I'm confusing myself with another school idk I'm tired hahaha
Rejection. LM 65.
and here I still am, complete at the end of July, above av stats, with still silence (as with the case of many of my schools) WTF
Secondary submitted 8/3 and have yet to hear anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat as you. Complete mid July and have heard nothing yet...I was complete July 17th and I still haven't received a rejection or an interview invite... and now people from 8/15 are getting rejected already..... is this weird?
I was complete August 2, and I haven't hear anything. Good news I hope?
+1I was complete August 2, and I haven't hear anything. Good news I hope?
II earlier this week!!! Stats: MCAT 518, GPA 3.9. IS. Complete 8/18. I have a lot of ties to the area so that may explain the quick turnover from complete -> II compared to some of you who haven't heard anything.
II earlier this week!!! Stats: MCAT 518, GPA 3.9. IS. Complete 8/18. I have a lot of ties to the area so that may explain the quick turnover from complete -> II compared to some of you who haven't heard anything.
your 3.9 and 518 might also explain it
Deleted.
??Deleted.
Sorry I meant I was rejected from this school. LOL
today? stats and when complete?Sorry I meant I was rejected from this school. LOL
Sorry I meant I was rejected from this school. LOL
Sorry, it is never fun to be rejected! 🙁
Hey guys! 4.0 and 522. Complete on August 18. Haven't heard anything. Can someone tell me what that might mean?
Hey guys! 4.0 and 522. Complete on August 18. Haven't heard anything. Can someone tell me what that might mean?
You have great stats and were complete less than a month ago. It means that you're still in the game and you just have to be patient.
Hey guys! 4.0 and 522. Complete on August 18. Haven't heard anything. Can someone tell me what that might mean?
It means you haven't heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who said that your application status changed online before you got a decision. How long between portal changing and receiving news?
Got one on Wednesday. Sept 29 was offered and most Mondays in October.For anyone who has recently gotten an interview, what dates were offered?
Too bad there isn't a "love" button on SDN.It means you haven't heard anything.
I would go for it because I believe their interview season extends into the spring, so plenty of time...For anyone familiar with this school and its admissions process, is it too late to send a secondary? Been doing some research and I'd like to add it to my list.
is it too late to submit a secondary
is it too late to submit a secondary
If you took the time to just scroll through this page you would have found your answer exactly one post above yours. In the end is this a school you would regret not applying to? If so apply. If you could care less and you're just being neurotic and anal about your timeline and application then I would say no.
For anyone familiar with this school and its admissions process, is it too late to send a secondary? Been doing some research and I'd like to add it to my list.
The secondary application deadline is December 15th, 2017. 😉is it too late to submit a secondary
It means you haven't heard anything.
Give this man/woman a II!
#humbletoday? stats and when complete?
#humbleand here I still am, complete at the end of July, above av stats, with still silence (as with the case of many of my schools) WTF
Give this man/woman a II!
If only Wake Forest would agree...
Uh oh I was complete 8/25. Hopefully we're not next...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have received II's, did your applicant portal change prior to receiving the II?
For those with IIs and are curious about the school, I also interviewed there a few days ago. I actually grew up in and around the area so I was already familiar with the area and the medical school. As someone else already said, the interview day went by really well and I really enjoyed it! The MMI process was exciting and a great opportunity to express yourself in many different ways. The facilities are all new, curriculum looks amazing, and the administrators and faculty really helped to make my day wonderful. I had meaningful conversations with everybody where I could see and hear how much they enjoyed WFSOM. All in all, I got a really wonderful look at the school from a student's, administrative, and faculty perspective which helps to round out your impression of the school.
I do know that a couple of concerns and questions had that my fellow interviewees had was about the surrounding area and what there was to do outside of medical school. The med school is located in downtown Winston-Salem, which I believe is the perfect balance between a "big city" and a "quiet home". There are things to do within walking distance for food and entertainment, but it's also not so big that you risk missing out on a lot of things if you had to choose. It has a very comfortable "homey" feeling yet it is clearly an up-and-coming city with lots of development happening. Although it is one of the main hubs in the area, you still are pretty much required to have a car to travel around. But because NC is a relatively small state, you're only a few hours drive west to the mountains and a few hours drive east to the coast, so everything is relatively accessible if you wanted to go on like a weekend trip or even a day trip to hike! Although I moved away a couple of years ago, I was met with a completely different feel coming back of growth and innovation.
So if you do have an II or are still researching the school, I highly recommend also researching the surrounding area and the city of Winston-Salem. Sure, a majority of your time will be at the medical school, but don't forget that you also have to be comfortable with the area out side of medical school, as you would be living in it for the next 4+ years.
I do know that a couple of concerns and questions had that my fellow interviewees had was about the surrounding area and what there was to do outside of medical school. The med school is located in downtown Winston-Salem, which I believe is the perfect balance between a "big city" and a "quiet home". There are things to do within walking distance for food and entertainment, but it's also not so big that you risk missing out on a lot of things if you had to choose. It has a very comfortable "homey" feeling yet it is clearly an up-and-coming city with lots of development happening. Although it is one of the main hubs in the area, you still are pretty much required to have a car to travel around. But because NC is a relatively small state, you're only a few hours drive west to the mountains and a few hours drive east to the coast, so everything is relatively accessible if you wanted to go on like a weekend trip or even a day trip to hike! Although I moved away a couple of years ago, I was met with a completely different feel coming back of growth and innovation.
So if you do have an II or are still researching the school, I highly recommend also researching the surrounding area and the city of Winston-Salem. Sure, a majority of your time will be at the medical school, but don't forget that you also have to be comfortable with the area out side of medical school, as you would be living in it for the next 4+ years.
Sounds amazing. Please love me Wake...For those with IIs and are curious about the school, I also interviewed there a few days ago. I actually grew up in and around the area so I was already familiar with the area and the medical school. As someone else already said, the interview day went by really well and I really enjoyed it! The MMI process was exciting and a great opportunity to express yourself in many different ways. The facilities are all new, curriculum looks amazing, and the administrators and faculty really helped to make my day wonderful. I had meaningful conversations with everybody where I could see and hear how much they enjoyed WFSOM. All in all, I got a really wonderful look at the school from a student's, administrative, and faculty perspective which helps to round out your impression of the school.
I do know that a couple of concerns and questions had that my fellow interviewees had was about the surrounding area and what there was to do outside of medical school. The med school is located in downtown Winston-Salem, which I believe is the perfect balance between a "big city" and a "quiet home". There are things to do within walking distance for food and entertainment, but it's also not so big that you risk missing out on a lot of things if you had to choose. It has a very comfortable "homey" feeling yet it is clearly an up-and-coming city with lots of development happening. Although it is one of the main hubs in the area, you still are pretty much required to have a car to travel around. But because NC is a relatively small state, you're only a few hours drive west to the mountains and a few hours drive east to the coast, so everything is relatively accessible if you wanted to go on like a weekend trip or even a day trip to hike! Although I moved away a couple of years ago, I was met with a completely different feel coming back of growth and innovation.
So if you do have an II or are still researching the school, I highly recommend also researching the surrounding area and the city of Winston-Salem. Sure, a majority of your time will be at the medical school, but don't forget that you also have to be comfortable with the area out side of medical school, as you would be living in it for the next 4+ years.
Secondary submitted: 8/4
Complete by school: 9/15 (LOR problems)
II: 9/21!!
Interviewing in a little over three weeks! This was my first II, and it's my top choice school, so I'm ridiculously excited. I'm hoping the fact that it only took six days from getting the complete email to getting the II email is a good sign. 🙂
Complete by school: 9/15 (LOR problems)
II: 9/21!!

Interviewing in a little over three weeks! This was my first II, and it's my top choice school, so I'm ridiculously excited. I'm hoping the fact that it only took six days from getting the complete email to getting the II email is a good sign. 🙂
Guys guys guys!!! I got an II invite today!! That snarky comment must have brought me good luck, haha.
Submitted 8/6, confirmation of materials on 8/15. I was given the options of most Mondays in October.
Submitted 8/6, confirmation of materials on 8/15. I was given the options of most Mondays in October.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K