2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any idea if we can find how many minutes we have to read the prompt/answer the questions for the mmi?

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the admissions staff said today that they might pull people off the waitlist in December, actually, just depending on how things go. She said otherwise we won't hear back until May.

December? Interesting. What did she mean by "on how things go"? That would be great to hear back sooner than the spring.

Anyone have any idea if we can find how many minutes we have to read the prompt/answer the questions for the mmi?
It's two minutes to read/seven minutes to talk here, for ten interviews, for a total of 90 minutes of time. No break - if you have to go to the bathroom, it has to come out of your two minutes for reading the prompt, so it's in your best interest to attempt to pee before the interviews start.

December? Interesting. What did she mean by "on how things go"? That would be great to hear back sooner than the spring.
I have no idea; she was not really specific. Maybe she meant based on what percentage of accepted students drop d/t other acceptances by December... that's all I can think of.

Deleted - question was answered earlier :)

Last edited:
I didn't know the 10/9s were hearing back today. Good luck to you guys!

The 10/16s are supposed to hear back tomorrow... so I will spend another day waiting in agony. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
10/23s are supposed to hear back today or tomorrow as well. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent an update here? If so did they reply to the email saying it was received etc.? I havent heard anything since being complete 8/15 so I might send an update as I saw the original email said they accept them just won't guarantee it'll be reviewed

Has anyone sent an update here? If so did they reply to the email saying it was received etc.? I havent heard anything since being complete 8/15 so I might send an update as I saw the original email said they accept them just won't guarantee it'll be reviewed

I just sent an update a couple of days ago, and they literally said we will add it to your file but cannot guarantee review.

Reactions: 1 user
II today!! complete 8/13

Reactions: 3 users
Has anybody who interviewed on 10/09 heard back yet?

How many interview dates have there been so far? 9/11 was the first one.

I have been complete since early august and my status has not changed. anybody else? I remember a while back on this thread people posting that their status changed to something like "we have reviewed your application and you will be receiving an email shortly" before they got an II a few days later

I have been complete since early august and my status has not changed. anybody else? I remember a while back on this thread people posting that their status changed to something like "we have reviewed your application and you will be receiving an email shortly" before they got an II a few days later

Same, no change for me either.

complete mid/late July and no change for me either

Last edited:
I feel like they gave like 15 interviews out total. Well, they got my free money.

Accepted by email! First acceptance, interviewed this past monday (Oct 23)

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed on 10/16. So pumped!! I really really liked this school. Ahhh!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats, med_chick and tiramisucheese!

Still just sitting here refreshing my email five hundred times a minute, on my phone, my email app, and separately on my web browser, just to make sure I know immediately when I get whichever email I'm going to get. :dead:

Congrats, med_chick and tiramisucheese!

Still just sitting here refreshing my email five hundred times a minute, on my phone, my email app, and separately on my web browser, just to make sure I know immediately when I get whichever email I'm going to get. :dead:

Good luck!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

I was just rejected. Really bummed. At least expected a waitlist position...Interviewed Monday.

Last edited:
I was just rejected. Really bummed. At least expected a waitlist position...Interviewed Monday.
+1

I'm really surprised. Above their median MCAT, post-bacc GPA above their median GPA... but I never did any research. I wondered if that would absolutely make me DOA a lot of places, and I guess it did here. I felt like my interviews went well - with the exception of one, but that was just one guy out of 10 and the rest were great. Oh well.

+1

I'm really surprised. Above their median MCAT, post-bacc GPA above their median GPA... but I never did any research. I wondered if that would absolutely make me DOA a lot of places, and I guess it did here. I felt like my interviews went well - with the exception of one, but that was just one guy out of 10 and the rest were great. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing so I know I am not the only one! Good luck with the rest of your applications! I think it is just impossible to tell what each school looks for..

Thanks for sharing so I know I am not the only one! Good luck with the rest of your applications! I think it is just impossible to tell what each school looks for..
You're welcome, and you too. We will have our day. :)

There is no deposit to hold your spot here right? Leave it to me to miss something and fail to accept the offer...

Accepted here on Friday! Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Interviewing here soon! My husband keeps sending me listings for Winston-Salem houses. Needless to say, I'm not the only one excited about this. No pressure or anything, right?

Just got rejected today, submitted on 08/02. LizzyM of 69 3.5 GPA, 516 MCAT. Good luck everyone still in the running.

Interviewing here soon! My husband keeps sending me listings for Winston-Salem houses. Needless to say, I'm not the only one excited about this. No pressure or anything, right?

You're lowkey my hero! As a fellow non-trad (with an engineering background) with a "unique" MCAT/GPA balance, you inspire me! Best of luck in your interviews!!

Is it too late to even do the secondary? :/

516 MCAT, 3.43 overallGPA, 3.2 scienceGPA (but went to an undergrad currently ranked #3 in the nation with the worst grade deflation ever). Current M.S. student.

I am working on secondaries and I am wondering if I should complete all of them due to very very late timing.

I am very late due to studying to retake the MCAT this summer (Aug 19th) along with taking a full load of classes and then starting fall classes right after. Also because I've been having a hell of a time getting in contact with my recommenders and getting them to actually write the letters they said they would.

I'm in a challenging post-bac M.S. program at a medical school, currently in the same gross anatomy as the medical students, but at least 2x the pace. Head and Neck exam is coming up and I'm so not ready. Also in biochemistry with the dental students and Biostatistics.

The school I am doing my M.S. at considers applications from the people in my program later since they want to see our fall grades. I am currently acing all of my classes and have a high MCAT, so I think as long as I keep my grades up, I have a very good chance here.

However, at any other school I've basically shot myself in the foot.

Here is the list, which are worth it?
St. Louis University SOM (already submitted secondary)
The 3 SC state schools (MUSC, USC in Columbia, USC Greenville)
Georgetown
GW
Loyola Stritch Chicago
Wake Forest
Uniformed Services - I am bummed to find out I'm medically DQed for a tiny tiny thing for USUHS, so can't do this secondary or HPSP either.

Thanks!

Is it too late to even do the secondary? :/

516 MCAT, 3.43 overallGPA, 3.2 scienceGPA (but went to an undergrad currently ranked #3 in the nation with the worst grade deflation ever). Current M.S. student.

I am working on secondaries and I am wondering if I should complete all of them due to very very late timing.

I am very late due to studying to retake the MCAT this summer (Aug 19th) along with taking a full load of classes and then starting fall classes right after. Also because I've been having a hell of a time getting in contact with my recommenders and getting them to actually write the letters they said they would.

I'm in a challenging post-bac M.S. program at a medical school, currently in the same gross anatomy as the medical students, but at least 2x the pace. Head and Neck exam is coming up and I'm so not ready. Also in biochemistry with the dental students and Biostatistics.

The school I am doing my M.S. at considers applications from the people in my program later since they want to see our fall grades. I am currently acing all of my classes and have a high MCAT, so I think as long as I keep my grades up, I have a very good chance here.

However, at any other school I've basically shot myself in the foot.

Here is the list, which are worth it?
St. Louis University SOM (already submitted secondary)
The 3 SC state schools (MUSC, USC in Columbia, USC Greenville)
Georgetown
GW
Loyola Stritch Chicago
Wake Forest
Uniformed Services - I am bummed to find out I'm medically DQed for a tiny tiny thing for USUHS, so can't do this secondary or HPSP either.

Thanks!

Did you submit the primary for all these places already? If so when? It's very late I would wait