2017-2018 Wayne State University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how do you know?
If the waitlist wasn't ranked then anyone who interviewed in February - March would basically be screwed with a first come first serve system. That's why they rank it. You'll just never have any idea where you fall on the list. If you need to talk about your feelings more with HR, I'll be in the annex.
 
If the waitlist wasn't ranked then anyone who interviewed in February - March would basically be screwed with a first come first serve system. That's why they rank it. You'll just never have any idea where you fall on the list. If you need to talk about your feelings more with HR, I'll be in the annex.
It makes sense to rank the WL, I agree. However, when we interviewed they said that all WL students would be consider during each batch of acceptances, meaning that even the February/March students for example would be considered alongside the rest.
 
I am on the waitlist, and only have an interest in Wayne if I get accepted with a scholarship that would match my other acceptances (48k/year). Is there any possibility for this (as a Cali applicant) or should I just pull myself off of the waitlist to give more room for others to be accepted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am on the waitlist, and only have an interest in Wayne if I get accepted with a scholarship that would match my other acceptances (48k/year). Is there any possibility for this (as a Cali applicant) or should I just pull myself off of the waitlist to give more room for others to be accepted?

I'm sure others on here would appreciate it if you withdrew
 
I am on the waitlist, and only have an interest in Wayne if I get accepted with a scholarship that would match my other acceptances (48k/year). Is there any possibility for this (as a Cali applicant) or should I just pull myself off of the waitlist to give more room for others to be accepted?

Why are you teasing these poor kids? LMAO To answer your question though, I don't know of any med student that has gotten a true free ride. I'm sure they exist, but it's not a common occurrence. I have a friend at FIUCOM that received a half scholarship for example.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So can Wayne see where the other acceptance offers accepted students are holding? If so, can they see scholarships that these students have received?
 
So can Wayne see where the other acceptance offers accepted students are holding? If so, can they see scholarships that these students have received?

Since February 10th, all schools that accepted you can see which schools have accepted you as well. Sometime during the first week of April, all schools will be able to see where you have been accepted. Schools cannot see your financial aid, as that is not reported through AAMC.
 
I interviewed on 2/12, have yet to hear anything back yet... they mentioned at the interview day that it would take about a month.. this Monday will be 6 weeks. I’m just not sure why they’re making us wait so long for what seems like will be an inevitable spot on the waitlist. It’s horrible having to wait this long....
 
I interviewed on 2/12, have yet to hear anything back yet... they mentioned at the interview day that it would take about a month.. this Monday will be 6 weeks. I’m just not sure why they’re making us wait so long for what seems like will be an inevitable spot on the waitlist. It’s horrible having to wait this long....
Have you checked your portal?
 
Well, aren't you guys cute. You know who never got a chance to be cute? George Howard Skub aka the alleged Scranton Strangler.

giphy.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? I'm looking back from earlier this year and it seems to be pretty spread out around Tuesdays and Fridays. This week is Holy Week before Easter so I was thinking they'd most likely have them out earlier in the week. Reason for saying Thursday?

I actually called today and was told committee meets on Thursdays.
 
There is an admissions committee meeting scheduled this Thursday in the morning. The next meetings are scheduled on April 5 and 19.
Hoping for something today even though I'm fully expecting nothing but a wait list position as a best-case scenario until April-May.

I was thinking about something recently. Wayne State is without a doubt my best shot at getting into medschool this year or the next.
Let's say I get placed on the wait list, but decide to reapply to Wayne on June 1st for the next cycle, but this time as an Early Decision Program applicant. Does anyone think this would boost my possibility of getting in before July 19th for THIS cycle? Perhaps it would show my enthusiasm towards the school and willingness to attend should I be accepted? It is by far my first choice in medical schools. This was my thought process... any others would be appreciated.
 
Hoping for something today even though I'm fully expecting nothing but a wait list position as a best-case scenario until April-May.

I was thinking about something recently. Wayne State is without a doubt my best shot at getting into medschool this year or the next.
Let's say I get placed on the wait list, but decide to reapply to Wayne on June 1st for the next cycle, but this time as an Early Decision Program applicant. Does anyone think this would boost my possibility of getting in before July 19th for THIS cycle? Perhaps it would show my enthusiasm towards the school and willingness to attend should I be accepted? It is by far my first choice in medical schools. This was my thought process... any others would be appreciated.

Applying early decision for the 2018-2019 cycle will not affect your standing for the 2017-2018 cycle. Each application cycle is considered separately.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i went to financial aid, but i dont see a subtab of eligibility?
I also don’t have this tab. Maybe because I was only accepted last week?
Does anyone have more information about second look? I heard it is the 11th or 23rd but I haven’t received any emails to sign up for it.
 
I also don’t have this tab. Maybe because I was only accepted last week?
Does anyone have more information about second look? I heard it is the 11th or 23rd but I haven’t received any emails to sign up for it.
+1. I called them 1-2 weeks ago to ask when we're getting invitations, and they said the end of March. I was thinking of calling again today because I'd like to have an official invitation before I spend money on flight tickets :/
 
+1. I called them 1-2 weeks ago to ask when we're getting invitations, and they said the end of March. I was thinking of calling again today because I'd like to have an official invitation before I spend money on flight tickets :/
I got the invitation link via email Mar 16th. The second look days are April 11th and 23rd..itinerary below
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 1.43.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 1.43.33 PM.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 239