2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have to rank all of them, but I would say almost everybody gets one of the top choices from what I've heard. I got my second choice, and i am on the waitlist for my first choice. A few people brought guests to my Dean's Welcome, feel free if you would like to.
You're already waitlisted for your top choice?!? Yikes, I need to get this deposit paid pronto lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You have to rank all of them, but I would say almost everybody gets one of the top choices from what I've heard. I got my second choice, and i am on the waitlist for my first choice. A few people brought guests to my Dean's Welcome, feel free if you would like to.
What was your top choice, and second choice if you can share?

Reactions: 1 user
What was your top choice, and second choice if you can share?
My first choice was Phoenix, second choice was Flagstaff, however I just re-ranked them and my top choice is a new CHC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed 9/14 hear back yet lol?

ugh. I feel like by the time I interview, (and if I get accepted), i'm gonna be stuck with crappy CHC choices.

Reactions: 2 users
My first choice was Phoenix, second choice was Flagstaff, however I just re-ranked them and my top choice is a new CHC.

Which one of the new CHC did you pick, if you don’t mind sharing? I got my first choice (Hawaii) but now I’m having second thoughts because of the San Diego county one. I’m from SoCal so SD is very close to home and great if I want to get a residency back in California. But I’ve looked up reviews on the SYHC and it’s pretty abysmal and I’m apprehensive about being the first group at a new site. Would like to hear someone else’s perspective.

Which one of the new CHC did you pick, if you don’t mind sharing? I got my first choice (Hawaii) but now I’m having second thoughts because of the San Diego county one. I’m from SoCal so SD is very close to home and great if I want to get a residency back in California. But I’ve looked up reviews on the SYHC and it’s pretty abysmal and I’m apprehensive about being the first group at a new site. Would like to hear someone else’s perspective.
I chose the San Diego site because I am also from So Cal. I did not look at reviews, however the location is important to me, and the services offered seemed to be pretty on-par with the other CHC sites.

ugh. I feel like by the time I interview, (and if I get accepted), i'm gonna be stuck with crappy CHC choices.
Yeah, **** me, litterally the main reason I want to go here is for the Phoenix CHC and it’s filled!

Just got the call! Accepted! I’m excited by hearing the Phoenix chc is filled is bit of a downer.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you all from the 9/14 interview date?

Is Brooklyn one of the new CHCs or not? I remember there was a post about it earlier. Can anyone whose gotten CHC info clarify?

Is Brooklyn one of the new CHCs or not? I remember there was a post about it earlier. Can anyone whose gotten CHC info clarify?
Brooklyn is one of the original 12.

New CHCs:
1. Witchita Falls/McKinney CHC (WF, TX)
2. San Ysidro Health Center (SY, CA)
3. Wright Center for GME (Scranton, PA)
4. Southern Illinois Health Foundation (Alton, IL)

Darn. Got the alternate list. Can anybody elaborate on if this list differs from their waitlist? Thank you!

New CHCs:

I think what he/she is asking is if anyone knows if Brooklyn is a confirmed CHC for this year (i believe it was not an option last year, having been dropped). the post that listed the CHC's earlier stated she saw it on the list, but wasn't sure if it was brought back or list wasn't updated.

I think what he/she is asking is if anyone knows if Brooklyn is a confirmed CHC for this year (i believe it was not an option last year, having been dropped). the post that listed the CHC's earlier stated she saw it on the list, but wasn't sure if it was brought back or list wasn't updated.
It was on the list when I initially ranked them last week. Have not gotten anything from Admissions saying otherwise.

New CHCs:

I’m surprised they included Scranton in the mix knowing that the Scranton Strangler is still at large

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for the info you two! I wonder if they have rotations at Dundler Mifflin.

Reactions: 2 users
If I remember correctly from the interview day, the alternate list is what the school will turn to after they have pulled everyone from the waitlist? please correct me if i am wrong !

If I remember correctly from the interview day, the alternate list is what the school will turn to after they have pulled everyone from the waitlist? please correct me if i am wrong !
Also wondering this.

At AT Still it means you can send in updates to your application and they may consider you. During my interview someone asked about this and if you call they will give you feed back on what needs approved.

Do you know if any of the other CHCs are filled yet?
Not sure, I just know Phoenix cause further up someone said it was their first choice and they didn't get it. Guess people may drop it though. Who knows, its disappointing to me though!

Not sure, I just know Phoenix cause further up someone said it was their first choice and they didn't get it. Guess people may drop it though. Who knows, its disappointing to me though!

Yeah, I’ve been in contact with them also. Phoenix was my first and I’m currently assigned to my second.

I’m not sure. I’m hoping someone re ranked after the new ones came out
Just annoying. Don’t want to drop $1000 just to not get a CHC I want and take my RVU acceptance in the end.

Historically, Phx, California and Hawaii are the most wanted CHCs followed by DC and Seattle. Remember that you have to email the admissions stating that you want to be added to the waitlist for the desired CHC, if you didn't get your first choice. Also, you get another chance during the first month of your 1st year to submit a request for a CHC change. In addition, anytime during the first year you can agree with a classmate to switch, and admins approve it. Lastly, tons of movement occurs from now till June, so no reason to be bummed out.

Historically, Phx, California and Hawaii are the most wanted CHCs followed by DC and Seattle. Remember that you have to email the admissions stating that you want to be added to the waitlist for the desired CHC, if you didn't get your first choice. Also, you get another chance during the first month of your 1st year to submit a request for a CHC change. In addition, anytime during the first year you can agree with a classmate to switch, and admins approve it. Lastly, tons of movement occurs from now till June, so no reason to be bummed out.

Not sure how much has changed, but according to admissions during my interview day, they said Hawaii has historically been the hardest site to fill..

Also based on my conversation with Dolores, it sounds like we are automatically waitlisted for our top choice if we don’t get it immediately.

Just putting out there what I personal got from the school the last couple of days. I don’t know which of us are correct.

ACCEPTED! Still on the fence between ATSU-SOMA & NOVA... Congrats 9/14 interviewers! :)

Not sure how much has changed, but according to admissions during my interview day, they said Hawaii has historically been the hardest site to fill..

Also based on my conversation with Dolores, it sounds like we are automatically waitlisted for our top choice if we don’t get it immediately.

Just putting out there what I personal got from the school the last couple of days. I don’t know which of us are correct.
Your information will be more up to date than mine, cause I'm reflecting my experience from last year. I was just letting people know that there is more than one chance to switch to a higher ranked CHC in their list.

Anyone know the mean comlex board scores? I know their pass rate seems to be at around 92%, but would like to know what their actual scores are and see if it’s above the national average. Would really like to know cause this will help me compare it to other programs. Thanks!

Last edited:
does anyone know for sure if they are increasing their class size for this upcoming fall 2019?