2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! First one this cycle and honestly I feel like it’s a mistake and I’m crying. Haha
no way it's a mistake- be proud and go in there confident that you earned the interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Omg! Congrats! When did you submit/did you ever get a complete email?
submitted 7/2 and complete email was 7/10! I already had all my letters in so not sure if thats why it didn't take two weeks.
I was surprised by this invite idk why I just figured they would take longer to send them out. I'm glad they did because i'm killing two birds with one stone and going directly from my RVUCOM CO interview on Wednesday to this one on Friday before the long trek back to the east coast.

I'm sure you'll hear soon but you can always call to check if there is something holding it up especially if you submitted around the same time as me.

II! First one this cycle and honestly I feel like it’s a mistake and I’m crying. Haha

It's my first II of this cycle too and I'm right there with you crying. But we really did it!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
submitted 7/2 and complete email was 7/10! I already had all my letters in so not sure if thats why it didn't take two weeks.
I was surprised by this invite idk why I just figured they would take longer to send them out. I'm glad they did because i'm killing two birds with one stone and going directly from my RVUCOM CO interview on Wednesday to this one on Friday before the long trek back to the east coast.

I'm sure you'll hear soon but you can always call to check if there is something holding it up especially if you submitted around the same time as me.

I'll give it at least as long as it took you to be complete, lol! But that's so exciting--best of luck! I'm sure you'll kill both interviews. When are they scheduled? I have one at AZCOM end of Sept and it would be a dream to take care of this one at the same time.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll give it at least as long as it took you to be complete, lol! But that's so exciting--best of luck! I'm sure you'll kill both interviews. When are they scheduled? I have one at AZCOM end of Sept and it would be a dream to take care of this one at the same time.

Just received an II here, woo!! Congrats everyone, and good luck to everyone else applying! Wish I didn't already book my flight for my AZCOM interview...if I had waited I could have done 2 in 1 for the flight and just stayed in Arizona a bit longer. But flight can't be changed. Ah well. Just added to the debt pile, it's well worth it!

The interview dates showing up for me are: Aug 24, Sept 7, Sep 14. I hope that works for you! :)

Interview Invite just now!
Bless-up

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah if this process teaches us doc-hopefuls one thing it's patience lol
Rvu is the 22nd and then this one is the 24th. I figure i'll just hang out in Denver for an extra day!
I didn't look at September dates but I am sure they have plenty, the first and only august date was the 24th so I jumped on it.

Just received an II here, woo!! Congrats everyone, and good luck to everyone else applying! Wish I didn't already book my flight for my AZCOM interview...if I had waited I could have done 2 in 1 for the flight and just stayed in Arizona a bit longer. But flight can't be changed. Ah well. Just added to the debt pile, it's well worth it!

The interview dates showing up for me are: Aug 24, Sept 7, Sep 14. I hope that works for you! :)

Always go with southwest if you can- free flight changes and they fly almost everywhere! They just paid me to change my flight since the new one was $20 cheaper.

Invite here as well! My parents live ten minutes from the school, so awesome for me!

Ahhh well thanks for all the info and congrats everyone! Please do keep us posted as the interviews get closer!

Members don't see this ad :)
+2
Has anyone made their travel plans yet? Flights, Hotel, car rental etc.
just flights- going to look at hotels that have shuttles but if they are super expensive I may just do air bnb and take uber

II! OOS, submitted 7/2, complete email 7/10!

Edit: Way late to the party it looks like. Congrats everyone, interviewing 9/7, hoping to see some of you there!

II! OOS, submitted 7/2, complete email 7/10!

Edit: Way late to the party it looks like. Congrats everyone, interviewing 9/7, hoping to see some of you there!
Congrats to everyone with II! What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking

II today! I'll be seeing you all on September 14th! Super excited.

Reactions: 5 users
Looking at plane tickets right now. What day are you guys interviewing?

August 24th --> For current students... any bball courts in Mesa? Gotta get my Saturday morning pick-up in.

August 24th --> For current students... any bball courts in Mesa? Gotta get my Saturday morning pick-up in.
Im from ten minutes from the school, there are plenty of bball courts around lol

Interview received! Woohoo
Complete 7/10

II! First one of the cycle!

Just got the complete email!! Crossing my fingers for another wave of interviews soon

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the complete email!! Crossing my fingers for another wave of interviews soon
Choose 9/7, WHEN it comes, there are some things I need to discuss with you about the state of our country, Liv.

Choose 9/7, WHEN it comes, there are some things I need to discuss with you about the state of our country, Liv.

I just LOLed so hard:laugh:Though I am leaving politics to hopefully pursue medicine, as you can see, I don't mind giving some insight to my experiences. And anyways, I have some things to discuss with you about your unjustified death, Lil Sebastian.

just flights- going to look at hotels that have shuttles but if they are super expensive I may just do air bnb and take uber

Maybe you realized this already but the airport shuttles for all the hotels listed only service Phoenix Mesa which only has one airline (allegiant air). The main airport is farther and I haven't found any hotels with shuttle service. Hotels are super cheap though

Maybe you realized this already but the airport shuttles for all the hotels listed only service Phoenix Mesa which only has one airline (allegiant air). The main airport is farther and I haven't found any hotels with shuttle service. Hotels are super cheap though
Oh, I did not thanks! haven't looked at any shuttles or hotels yet but when looking for flights I couldn't get one into Mesa so have to go into PHX.

II here, beyond happy that I even cried! First one of the cycle, best of luck to everyone who got interviews and to those who are waiting for them.

Reactions: 7 users

I just LOLed so hard:laugh:Though I am leaving politics to hopefully pursue medicine, as you can see, I don't mind giving some insight to my experiences. And anyways, I have some things to discuss with you about your unjustified death, Lil Sebastian.

OMG you guys are hilarious!

II here, beyond happy that I even cried! First one of the cycle, best of luck to everyone who got interviews and to those who are waiting for them.

Congrats!!! Glad I'm not the only one who happy cries

Yeah you arent gonna find hotels with Phoenix airport shuttles all the way out in Mesa.

Oh, I did not thanks! haven't looked at any shuttles or hotels yet but when looking for flights I couldn't get one into Mesa so have to go into PHX.

Your best bet would be to either fly Allegiant or to fly into phx and uber it. Mesa is unfortunately, REALLY far out from a lot of things in PHX

I doubt my stats will help much because they are very different between undergrad and my postbacc but my best calculation of a LizzyM is 65-67 if that helps

Does anyone know how strict they are with 20+ shadowing hours with one physician? I don't want to waste my on a secondary here if it is hard requirement.

Does anyone know how strict they are with 20+ shadowing hours with one physician? I don't want to waste my on a secondary here if it is hard requirement.
Where do you see this requirement? Neither of the websites have it listed from what I see

does anyone know if we can reschedule an interview?

edit: they can, all spots in aug, july, and sept are booked tho

Last edited:
Just found out my undergrad excluded the primary care LOR from the committee packet that I specified in my secondary. I wouldn't have found out if SOMA didn't email me directly... :(
Remember: double check EVERYTHING!