2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What in the world. How many days? When’s your interview? Sorry for asking so many questions, lol. That’s an awesome deal!
Well it’s actually $39 per day versus $91 I put the wrong pick up airport haha but that’s still good! My interview is on 10/26. I need to call to make sure they won’t tack on an underage fee to the car rental but I think I prefer to have a car regardless to explore the area. No worries about the questions!

Members don't see this ad.

7/25 Interview Invite received! (and first invite ever :D) That being said, any current SOMA students that can comment on their interview experience?

Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The car rental for 3 days comes to $178 after taxes and fees and THE UNDERAGE FEE IS WAVED WITH THE DISCOUNT CODE!!! :biglove::soexcited:I wanna check out the town and possibly nearby parks/hiking so it should be sweet... if anyone wants to join I will likely be travelling alone. La Quinta and Sleep Inn were the cheapest hotels from my research/calls by the way... at least for 10/24-10/26.

Reactions: 1 user
The car rental for 3 days comes to $178 after taxes and fees and THE UNDERAGE FEE IS WAVED WITH THE DISCOUNT CODE!!! :biglove::soexcited:I wanna check out the town and possibly nearby parks/hiking so it should be sweet... if anyone wants to join I will likely be travelling alone. La Quinta and Sleep Inn were the cheapest hotels from my research/calls by the way... at least for 10/24-10/26.
Im from the area, if you are a fairly good hiker, do this hike. You wont regret it.

Also there really isnt a "town" to check out, Mesa is one of the many sprawling suburbs in the Phoenix area lol.

Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail

Im from the area, if you are a fairly good hiker, do this hike. You wont regret it.

Also there really isnt a "town" to check out, Mesa is one of the many sprawling suburbs in the Phoenix area lol.

Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail
Thank you for the hike!! I’ll check it out when I’m there. It looks like there are a few parks to walk around and hiking opportunities. I can always check out Phoenix too. I haven’t been to the area for at least 10 years.

Thank you for the hike!! I’ll check it out when I’m there. It looks like there are a few parks to walk around and hiking opportunities. I can always check out Phoenix too. I haven’t been to the area for at least 10 years.
Its probably my favorite hike that's in a reasonable distance. Stuff has gotten a lot more spread out even in the last ten years. Really isnt all that much in Mesa, better off checking out the new stuff in Phoenix or the areas around ASU in Tempe.

AT Still has a pretty nice campus over there. My mom went there to see a DO for some rehab after surgery.

Also, if you are either a USAA member or AAA member they waived the underage driver fee. AAA waives it with Hertz and USAA waives it with all of the main companies. I think you have to do it through the AAA or USAA website though. I got a rental car for dirt cheap.
So maybe it’s not a good deal hahaha but I’ve never rented a car because of underage fees so I was happy!

Its probably my favorite hike that's in a reasonable distance. Stuff has gotten a lot more spread out even in the last ten years. Really isnt all that much in Mesa, better off checking out the new stuff in Phoenix or the areas around ASU in Tempe.

AT Still has a pretty nice campus over there. My mom went there to see a DO for some rehab after surgery.
Thanks for the tips. I only have a day and a half so I’m sure I can fill it up. If I get really bored I’ll just drive to the Grand Canyon and back haha

Good luck to all of you future DOs, can't wait to see you guys on campus during interview days.

Reactions: 7 users
Did you guys just copy over the descriptions from your AACOMAS primary to the secondary experiences? Not sure if I have to write new stuff for each thing or if they even want me to?

Did you guys just copy over the descriptions from your AACOMAS primary to the secondary experiences? Not sure if I have to write new stuff for each thing or if they even want me to?
I believe I used the experiences that were on the primary but with updated hours if you are still gaining hours from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Complete 07/25. Lizzy M about 67.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email saying that I will not be getting an interview for the class is 2023. Good luck to everyone who got interview Invites!

Got an email saying that I will not be getting an interview for the class is 2023. Good luck to everyone who got interview Invites!
Sorry to hear that, best of luck to you elsewhere!

Reactions: 1 users
II! Sent 7 days after submitting secondary. The admissions office is really nice if you have questions, too!

My first interview invite!! What an honor! I'm a nontraditional applicant with lower than average stats, but extensive work with underserved. Keep your heads up! OOS. Secondary submitted 7/16 and marked complete 7/26. Can't wait!

So was anyone able to see anymore than one interview date option? I was only able to choose 11/30. Did I just get the short end of the stick? Also, congrats to everyone else with interviews!

So was anyone able to see anymore than one interview date option? I was only able to choose 11/30. Did I just get the short end of the stick? Also, congrats to everyone else with interviews!

When I was offered an II last week, I only had 2 options in October. I think options were super limited for everyone :/ But congrats to you!

Thats all I got too. See you then lol

Congrats on the interview! When I first opened the calendar there was also an opening for November 9th but by the time I hit submit it had filled up. I ended up getting the same date as you. See you there

Looks like we’ll be having a little thanksgiving vacation in Mesa!

I know that the website says part of your interview day will consist of MMI, does anyone know if there will be other types of interviewing like the traditional 1 on 1?

I know that the website says part of your interview day will consist of MMI, does anyone know if there will be other types of interviewing like the traditional 1 on 1?
This is what the AACOM information book had to say;
"The interview format consists of a faculty one-on-one interview, MMI/standardized patient encounters, and small group activities."

I have an interview coming up at ATSU SOMA and I really want some feedback from people who have gone through the interview process.. if you can please message me I would really appreciate it..

I've looked at the Interview Feedback page.. my main concern is the MMI and group activity ?

Any feedback will help! Thank you

do you guys think interviewing late november is late or am I just being neurotic?

I have an interview coming up at ATSU SOMA and I really want some feedback from people who have gone through the interview process.. if you can please message me I would really appreciate it..

I've looked at the Interview Feedback page.. my main concern is the MMI and group activity ?

Any feedback will help! Thank you

What concerns? Ask it here, your question can benefit others. People signed a form to not divulge specifics on the interview so you will only get general answers, mostly.

What concerns? Ask it here, your question can benefit others. People signed a form to not divulge specifics on the interview so you will only get general answers, mostly.

Firstly I would like a little more information on the different aspects of the interview to know what to expect.. someone wrote there is like four parts to it.

As for the MMI if someone can just point me to a good tool on how to prepare for their specific MMIs, I've done videos and some research but I need someone who has gone through the process with ATSU

Thank you!

II. Had the same limited availability. Had to email admissions to get another slot as the 11/30 one filled up quick. 12/14 is my date now!

Haven't heard a peep from this school and I was complete 7/10. They seem to send pre-II rejections fairly quickly, and some people from previous threads have waited as long as 12 weeks for an II, so I'm clinging on to the hope that no news yet is good news.

Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is here?

Our school usually interview about 5k students, roughly 500 people interview for a class of 108 seats. So I assume they accept between 150-200 people.

For the interview, you really just have to be yourself and showcase why you deserve a spot. As cliche as that sounds, but they will know who you are by the end of the interview day. When I interviewed, I honestly did not read any books, or MMI articles or anything like that. I just knew why I wanted to be part of this school, and why I want to be a DO. The interview process is fun, the faculty are amazing and very supportive. So relax and don't sweat it, guys.

Reactions: 6 users
Silly question, but for recommendations on the secondary application, what should I put for "Degree?"

7/25 Interview Invite received! (and first invite ever :D) That being said, any current SOMA students that can comment on their interview experience?

Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Congrats! When were you complete?

Anyone have any tips to prepare for their interview?

Was your mcat below 508 by any chance? Word on the street is any mcat under 508 is getting waitlisted
I got an interview in the first wave and my MCAT is lower than a 508.

Was your mcat below 508 by any chance? Word on the street is any mcat under 508 is getting waitlisted
MCAT is 500 and my II was on 7/19. So the word on the street is not accurate.

@xnnsx1 is talking about AZCOM not SOMA, which is true. AZCOM does waitlist anyone with an MCAT lower than 508.

@xnnsx1 is talking about AZCOM not SOMA, which is true. AZCOM does waitlist anyone with an MCAT lower than 508.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion!

How come they want such high mcats?