2018-2019 Central Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call. Interviewed on 11/16 as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlists have been handed out??? this piece of info is a game changer

You could go back and check the previous pages... but I’m pretty sure I saw some wait lists... I could, of course, be wrong - but I’d be surprised if their hasn’t been any waitlists yet this season.

You could go back and check the previous pages... but I’m pretty sure I saw some wait lists... I could, of course, be wrong - but I’d be surprised if their hasn’t been any waitlists yet this season.
Dude is it normal for it to take this long? It's been 2 months for me lol

If I don't hear back today I'm gonna go ahead and claim that I hold the record of the longest silence from Central! If I can't be proud of an A, then i'll be proud of holding a record at least!

Reactions: 1 users

no one reported a waitlist at all. only one person reported a rejection but according to the person above, the office told him/her that they have been sending out rejections and waitlists. o_O

no one reported a waitlist at all. only one person reported a rejection but according to the person above, the office told him/her that they have been sending out rejections and waitlists. o_O
They didn’t say that explicitly they just said you should be glad not to get an R or W yet because you’re still being considered for an A

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude is it normal for it to take this long? It's been 2 months for me lol

Yeah... that’s a long time. It seems MANY people have this wait, so it’s “normal” for this year...

SDN does only show the results of a very small group of people - I stand by my thinking there have been waitlists given out, just not reported here.

Hopefully more people hear back today!!

Reactions: 2 users
If I don't hear back today I'm gonna go ahead and claim that I hold the record of the longest silence from Central! If I can't be proud of an A, then i'll be proud of holding a record at least!
Lol when did you interview

Just confirmed, only offers have been handed out. no waitlists/holds have been sent out.

Just confirmed, only offers have been handed out. no waitlists/holds have been sent out.
Makes me wonder if all waitlist decisions will be given out this week/before break as it seems like there were acceptances given out last week (per this thread).

Makes me wonder if all waitlist decisions will be given out this week/before break as it seems like there were acceptances given out last week (per this thread).

Think it will only be waitlists or are there any more acceptances to be handed out this year?
Anyone feeling hopeful?? :D

Think it will only be waitlists or are there any more acceptances to be handed out this year?
There's always the possibility of no decisions coming out and all of us waiting being held to wait 'till sometime next year...

Reactions: 1 user
There's always the possibility of no decisions coming out and all of us waiting being held to wait 'till sometime next year...

That’s exactly my thought. When I called back in November the lady told me “you could hear back between anytime now and August” but obviously we’ll probably hear back by April the latest.

I am. But I also think getting waitlisted at central is not a bad thing, as their rate of acceptance off waitlist is 60%

Recently I emailed the admissions office to check on the status of my application. I applied well over 2 months ago now (I know its pretty late!) and was expecting something to happen around this time whether that be a R or II. This is the email I got from them:

"Your application is “at screening”. This means that your application is currently being reviewed. Once the screening is complete, the secondary reviews will give the interview committee their recommendations. This interview decision can come anytime from now until March."

Based on my understanding, this means that I am not even processed yet. This shows how important it is to apply early :( . Should I give up and simply forget I applied or do you think I still have a shot at II?

Recently I emailed the admissions office to check on the status of my application. I applied well over 2 months ago now (I know its pretty late!) and was expecting something to happen around this time whether that be a R or II. This is the email I got from them:

"Your application is “at screening”. This means that your application is currently being reviewed. Once the screening is complete, the secondary reviews will give the interview committee their recommendations. This interview decision can come anytime from now until March."

Based on my understanding, this means that I am not even processed yet. This shows how important it is to apply early :( . Should I give up and simply forget I applied or do you think I still have a shot at II?
What does your status say?

What does your status say?
"Your supplemental application is complete and your materials are currently under review. While we make every effort to provide final decisions as early as possible, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

"Your supplemental application is complete and your materials are currently under review. While we make every effort to provide final decisions as early as possible, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
Yikes, Im in the same situation lol

II today, IS,complete 8/7. Dates left in Jan are 11th,18th & 25th.

Last edited:
II Just now, LM 72 IS, complete 8/2

Last edited:
IS, secondary complete 7/27 (late July) and still nothing. LM 68 (GPA 3.82, 508 MCAT). Is anyone in the same situation?

Last edited:
Just got an II! Complete mid July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I spoke with an ADCOM yesterday regarding the wait some of you are experiencing, here's basically what she told me (said in my own words). The long wait some of you are experiencing is normal - and expected. CMU using a rolling admission style and she expects a large number of acceptances to go out early in the new year. The reasoning for this is that they don't want to accept a great number of people right away in the beginning of the cycle and leave no seats for the applicants that interview later in the cycle.

Again, the wait is normal - it does not reflect on the quality of any of your applications. Historically the waitlist moves quickly in the Spring, this may or may not change with CMed now being fully accredited with highly positive testing trends and match results.

Hope this helps some of you! Hang in there!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard anything besides an acceptance? Any W or R yet???

No WL, that was confirmed to me by the office last week.

I spoke with an ADCOM yesterday regarding the wait some of you are experiencing, here's basically what she told me (said in my own words). The long wait some of you are experiencing is normal - and expected. CMU using a rolling admission style and she expects a large number of acceptances to go out early in the new year. The reasoning for this is that they don't want to accept a great number of people right away in the beginning of the cycle and leave no seats for the applicants that interview later in the cycle.

Again, the wait is normal - it does not reflect on the quality of any of your applications. Historically the waitlist moves quickly in the Spring, this may or may not change with CMed now being fully accredited with highly positive testing trends and match results.

Hope this helps some of you! Hang in there!

We appreciate your help during this cruel process.

Just got an email saying no decision has been made on my application and they will keep my application active for further consideration.
Was hoping for a decision but glad to get any sort of update at this point!

Just got an email saying no decision has been made on my application and they will keep my application active for further consideration.
Assuming this is the waitlist.

Yep, just got the exact same email. I don't think it would be waitlist though? I remember reading somewhere on CMED's website that a final decision is either waitlist/accept/reject.

Yep, just got the exact same email. I don't think it would be waitlist though? I remember reading somewhere on CMED's website that a final decision is either waitlist/accept/reject.
Hah after a second look I realized it wasnt anything near a waitlist. I just noticed the lack of rejection and my mind automatically became an optimist. I edited my initial message accordingly. :p

It's confusing. they mentioned no decision have been made yet they also said "your app could remain on hold status until late in the cycle". If this is equivalent to how they've done it in the past, then we're on hold.. does anyone have an email not mentioning the hold sentence? #L