2018-2019 Central Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you guys complete? My application was complete early October and I did not receive this email.

Members don't see this ad.

It's confusing. they mentioned no decision have been made yet they also said "your app could remain on hold status until late in the cycle". If this is equivalent to how they've done it in the past, then we're on hold.. does anyone have an email not mentioned the hold sentence? #L
I think this is equivalent to a waitlist, I just got the same email

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this is equivalent to a waitlist, I just got the same email

their site says an applicant will either be placed on hold, waitlist, acceptance, or rejection. IMO I think if it was a waitlist they would have made it more clear. I think it's either a hold (previously known to be below waitlist status) or nothing at all yet. Hoping it's the latter one

Reactions: 1 user
their site says an applicant will either be placed on hold, waitlist, acceptance, or rejection. IMO I think if it was a waitlist they would have made it more clear. I think it's either a hold (previously known to be below waitlist status) or nothing at all yet. Hoping it's the latter one

So for some reason I couldn't find it on the website as of right now, but earlier in the year I printed out an admissions timeline map that was on CMED's website. And you're right, post-interview they can do any of 4 things, which is hold/accept/reject/waitlist. Step #5 is interview, and #6 is post-interview decision, while #7 is accepted (the "W" at #9 is withdraw)

upload_2018-12-21_11-43-26.png

So for some reason I couldn't find it on the website as of right now, but earlier in the year I printed out an admissions timeline map that was on CMED's website. And you're right, post-interview they can do any of 4 things, which is hold/accept/reject/waitlist. Step #5 is interview, and #6 is post-interview decision, while #7 is accepted (the "W" at #9 is withdraw)

View attachment 244797

yes, that's what I was thinking about. But everything about the process is drastically different for CMU this year, which might be a reason why they removed that map from their site. if everyone that hasn't heard back yet received that email, then MAY BE they haven't decided waitlistees yet

Just got an II from here earlier today. So grateful :) Thought it was a rejection email at first so I almost wasn’t gonna check it haha

Any tips for the interview here? For those that already interviewed, what was your impression of the school?

Reactions: 2 users
Application hold post-interview from 10/19...is hold better or worse than immediate waitlist or is there really no telling? OOS.

Application hold post-interview from 10/19...is hold better or worse than immediate waitlist or is there really no telling? OOS.

previously known to be worse. does your email also say there has not been a final decision yet as well?

Just got the post interview hold email as well. App complete late July, interview 10/26. I agree there needs to be some clarification on whether waitlists have been given out in addition to holds. Not very encouraging at this point.

previously known to be worse. does your email also say there has not been a final decision yet as well?

The email says that “the admissions committee will continue to review and consider your application at later meetings during this application cycle”

It then basically says I can be expected to have a long wait time until my decision haha
Personally taking this as an R and going about the process

Just got an II from here earlier today. So grateful :) Thought it was a rejection email at first so I almost wasn’t gonna check it haha

Any tips for the interview here? For those that already interviewed, what was your impression of the school?
Complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
The email says that “the admissions committee will continue to review and consider your application at later meetings during this application cycle”

It then basically says I can be expected to have a long wait time until my decision haha
Personally taking this as an R and going about the process

I feel yah lol. But if no one gets a waitlist, then I'm thinking we all go thru the hold before they pick waitlists. regardless, it is what it is

also placed on "hold".

Interviewed 11/16/18. Stats below

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my first II! Super excited! :) complete late July

Reactions: 6 users

Congrats on your interview!! I interviewed back in November and was accepted a few weeks ago! The interview day was low stress. Everyone says “just be yourself” and it sounds like a cliche but honestly it’s the best advice. I found the MMIs to be super fun. I spoke about the prompts freely and I didn’t try to hide my personality. I was bummed that this school doesn’t serve breakfast lol but lunch was AMAZING. Not too much information about STEP scores etc was given. Students seemed very friendly

Do medical schools stay active with the application process between Christmas and New Years?
Aka do they still send out interview notices during this time?

Do medical schools stay active with the application process between Christmas and New Years?
Aka do they still send out interview notices during this time?

Pretty sure CMed is closed at this time, as such there will likely not be any notices or changes during this time.

Just got the post interview hold email as well. App complete late July, interview 10/26. I agree there needs to be some clarification on whether waitlists have been given out in addition to holds. Not very encouraging at this point.

When I applied two cycles ago, I was also given a hold post interview and I did not get a formal R via email until late June :/ Hang in there though! Sending good vibes your way :)

When I applied two cycles ago, I was also given a hold post interview and I did not get a formal R via email until late June :/ Hang in there though! Sending good vibes your way :)

I have a feeling this isn't the same hold as it was two years ago. unless we know if any waitlists have been handed out, otherwise it appears like people got either an acceptance, R, or this hold email, which might serve as a pool to pull waitlists off of.

Wishing all of you a happy, peaceful and productive New Year! Best of luck to all of you in 2019, and we hope to see you in the future Class of 2023!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone! I just got an II and I'm so excited!

I'm OOS and wanted to know if anyone else is interviewing 1/18 and would possibly want to share a ride? I haven't gotten my plane ticket yet, so I'm pretty flexible! :)

Reactions: 5 users

I'm OOS and wanted to know if anyone else is interviewing 1/18 and would possibly want to share a ride? I haven't gotten my plane ticket yet, so I'm pretty flexible! :)

Congrats!!!!!!

When were you complete?

Anyone hasn’t heard back at all after an interview or been placed on waitlist?

I just got an email saying I was placed on the waitlist. Keep your chins up everyone who haven't had any acceptances yet! There is usually lots of movement coming up this time of year!

Waitlisted today. Interviewed on 11/16/18. Moved to hold status on 12/21/18.

it wasn't meant to be. took the R rn post interview. Best of luck to all of you!

Also just rejected post-interview, LM ~70. Interviewed in October and received the hold email in December. Hoping for good news for the rest of you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Something weird just happened on my application portal. On the application status page, an eighth bullet was added that says "application under review." This bullet has a red sign indicating it hasn't been started yet. I submitted my application and have had a green sign for the application complete sign since early August......
I have this on my portal "Your supplemental application is complete and your materials are currently under review. While we make every effort to provide final decisions as early as possible, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
I have had that for over 3 months now. Is that what you are talking about?

Reactions: 3 users
That's what I previously had. Maybe they add the eighth bullet when you get an II.

For a few weeks mine has had 3 red bullets underneath that long sentence
(Green) - "your supplemental application is complete....February"
(Red) Invited for Interview
(Red) Interview Scheduled
(Red) Interview complete

Does everyone see the same thing?

Reactions: 5 users
(Red) Interview complete

That is what I have. In total I have eight bullets with 5 of them having the green mark and 3 the red one.

(Red) Interview complete

Can confirm, I show the same thing. I think that OP saw a change to that right before they got an interview invite.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight on the waitlist here? Looking for info such as waitlist size, how many acceptances have been given in the past, and if there’s a tier/ranking system. Any information will help ease the mind! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN