2018-2019 Central Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have this on my portal "Your supplemental application is complete and your materials are currently under review. While we make every effort to provide final decisions as early as possible, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
I have had that for over 3 months now. Is that what you are talking about?

Is it common for people to be under review for 3 months? I haven’t heard anything back either and I was complete at the beginning of October. I don’t know what to think from this long wait.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it common for people to be under review for 3 months? I haven’t heard anything back either and I was complete at the beginning of October. I don’t know what to think from this long wait.

I have also been under review since mid October (complete early October)! So you’re not alone. I hope we hear back very soon, it’s been along wait

I have also been under review since mid October (complete early October)! So you’re not alone. I hope we hear back very soon, it’s been along wait

I’ve been under review since early August or late July.. all I know is my secondary was submitted and paid by mid July.. CASPER was in by early August too I believe ... silence...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Something weird just happened on my application portal. On the application status page, an eighth bullet was added that says "application under review." This bullet has a red sign indicating it hasn't been started yet. I submitted my application and have had a green sign for the application complete sign since early August......

Happened to me to a few days before I got an interview decision from them. Mine was a rejection, but I am sure it could go either way. Hope it goes better for you than it did for me!

I’ve been under review since early August or late July.. all I know is my secondary was submitted and paid by mid July.. CASPER was in by early August too I believe ... silence...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
CMU does not require the CASPER! I just want to point this out so that people know.

Withdrew my app, hope my II goes out to one of you guys still waiting. Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ive been complete since Sept, still waiting :(

Reactions: 2 users
Canceling my interview here for 1/25 (II on 12/19) hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 5 users
Canceling my interview here for 1/25 (II on 12/19) hopefully it goes to one of you!

Lol I’ve been meaning to do the same thing for the same day but have been procrastinating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been under review for the longest time as well (since August). I really wish they would be faster :( I haven't heard a thing from CMU.

I was under review since September and just got a II in December! so don't lose hope :)

I've been under review for the longest time as well (since August). I really wish they would be faster :( I haven't heard a thing from CMU.

That’s insane to keep people waiting this long! When do they stop interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s insane to keep people waiting this long! When do they stop interviewing?

I think they stop in Feb? Honestly, I'm taking it as a silent rejection at this point. There's no way they haven't even reviewed my app yet...they probably reviewed it and just don't notify until later

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone written LOIs and have that make any effect?

I think they stop in Feb? Honestly, I'm taking it as a silent rejection at this point. There's no way they haven't even reviewed my app yet...they probably reviewed it and just don't notify until later

Hi! Current m2 here. I’m pretty involved with the interview days and familiar with cmu’s process and I can say that if you haven’t gotten a rejection letter, you are still up for consideration. If they felt that you weren’t a good fit for the program here, they are really good about notifying early on and are very transparent. I know the process is frustrating and drags and sometimes feels like forever. Hang tight; hopefully you’ll hear something soon!

And if it’s any consolation to anyone who has been waitlisted, manyyyy people came off the waitlist in my class and it can even happen up to the week before the program starts :)

Reactions: 9 users
Hi! Current m2 here. I’m pretty involved with the interview days and familiar with cmu’s process and I can say that if you haven’t gotten a rejection letter, you are still up for consideration. If they felt that you weren’t a good fit for the program here, they are really good about notifying early on and are very transparent. I know the process is frustrating and drags and sometimes feels like forever. Hang tight; hopefully you’ll hear something soon!

And if it’s any consolation to anyone who has been waitlisted, manyyyy people came off the waitlist in my class and it can even happen up to the week before the program starts :)

Thanks for giving us hope! I’m glad to hear that! Would an LOI help at all?

Hey all,
Current M1 at CMED. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the school, curriculum, or anything else :)
Good Luck to you all!

Ya'll CMU is killing me.
Did anyone receive II recently? Like in 2019?

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as a letter of intent for CMU?

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as a letter of intent for CMU?

I have the same question. I was waitlisted at the beginning of the month, is now an appropriate time to sent a letter of intent?

For any current med students on here: any housing suggestions?? Not from area and not sure what good places to look at for housing. So far I’ve seen the Village at Bluegrass, health professions housing, and CMU graduate housing pop up as options. Not sure what the feedback regarding these places are or what other apartments to consider looking at.... I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions..

For any current med students on here: any housing suggestions?? Not from area and not sure what good places to look at for housing. So far I’ve seen the Village at Bluegrass, health professions housing, and CMU graduate housing pop up as options. Not sure what the feedback regarding these places are or what other apartments to consider looking at.... I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions..
Not a medical student but I go to undergrad here; bluegrass, copper beech, and the reserve are all affordable but nice options. I don’t know much about health professions housing but graduate housing is quite nice from what I’ve heard. There are also a lot of nice houses around the medical school that you may be interested in renting with other students, a company called United Housing owns most of them. A med student may want to chime in on more specifics for med students in particular but feel free to PM me if you have any questions I might be able to answer.

If you want quiet, I'd avoid the Health Professions (especially the larger complex with thin walls and floors, even the single story complex has thin walls) and the southern areas of town (near the undergrad areas, not always noisy, but higher risk of being around the rambunctious undergrad crowd). Grad housing is fantastic, apply early, there are only a few openings. I stayed in the Woodside apartments - LOVE it, quiet, 2 bed, central air and away from the noisey areas.

If you want quiet, I'd avoid the Health Professions (especially the larger complex with thin walls and floors, even the single story complex has thin walls) and the southern areas of town (near the undergrad areas, not always noisy, but higher risk of being around the rambunctious undergrad crowd). Grad housing is fantastic, apply early, there are only a few openings. I stayed in the Woodside apartments - LOVE it, quiet, 2 bed, central air and away from the noisey areas.
Was it furnished?

Was it furnished?
I'm not sure which option you're referring to... if it's Woodside: not furnished. I think one of the only furnished options (at least back in 2016) was the grad housing. I didn't choose them because I had a couple pets.

I'm not sure which option you're referring to... if it's Woodside: not furnished. I think one of the only furnished options (at least back in 2016) was the grad housing. I didn't choose them because I had a couple pets.

Do quite a few students stay at the grad housing? I’m currently looking at options to live alone but still would like to be in a complex near/around other med students..

Last edited:
Haven't been following this thread but how long does it take to hear back post interview?

Complete early September, 510 MCAT and 3.3 GPA. Kinda surprised I haven't gotten the R yet but I also haven't received an II.

In the past, has this school done silent rejections or no?

Yo!! CMU does not look at your GPA/MCAT until after your interview

Is that seriously true? How do they decide who to send out secondaries to then? They supposedly screen.

You're more than your numbers. They look at who you are on the rest of the app, your personal statement, your experiences, work history, research, volunteer... etc. This lends to a more holistic process.

Haven't been following this thread but how long does it take to hear back post interview?
There's no true trend. Could be a couple weeks, could be several months. You could be wait listed, and then accepted a couple weeks before matriculation.

So if you don’t have an interview decision by the end of today’s business day is it pretty much a rejection?

Well no rejection yet and my CMU application page is looking the same so it seems there’s hope for us yet boys.

Maybe if they don’t respond at all, it just turns into a 20-21 application lol

What's the response time post interview? Also my portal still says interview incomplete

Has anyone from the interview from 1/18 heard anything?

Just received an II, but I am going to decline it. Good luck to everyone!

Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed 1/11/19. LM 72, IS

They said the committee met last night and reviewed about 30 applicants (assuming it's the 30 I interviewed with).