2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No chance of skipping anything. Some people were finished at 3:30,others finished at 4pm.
Thanks! So 11:30-4 ish? I could catch my bus at 5pm at 30th street then no problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I interviewed here sometime in Sept, forgot to post a review but I figured I'd share now in case you were wondering about the day.

I didn't get a hotel or anything bc I am from Philly but a lot of other students used the Bed and Breakfast recommended by Drexel and really liked it.

Interview day:
Introduction with admissions: They go over stats about how many they interview/accept/ and give time for questions. Tell you about the curriculum, and the school itself.

Then we had a meeting with both AM/PM sessions with the Dean of Curriculum and did a Q and A. They seemed very receptive to student feedback and were constantly trying to improve. They answered a lot of questions and were very helpful.

Next student interview/lunch. You and 2-3 other students talk to a student while having lunch. It was very laid back. Basic questions like what do you do for fun and what interests you. I talked about netflix. We bonded.

Then we went on a tour of the school, I think it was really nice. The gym seemed cramped, and we werent able to see the student lounge for some reason but I liked the campus a lot.

After that you do a brief casper-esque ethics scenario on an iPad.

Then you do your faculty interview.

Then you're done and get a free T-shirt.

Overall-I went in kind of worried bc Drexel gets trashed on SDN post-interview feedback but i had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I really liked the school, the students I met, and the faculty.

I only wish we got to see the clinical training sites.
Hey, I am trying to PM you but I can't (seems like you have a setting not allowing it). Do you mind messaging me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I be worried now since I only have two IIs so far.... My grandma literally told me to study for the MCAT again this morning...Drexel has been silent for a longgggg time

Reactions: 1 user
Should I be worried now since I only have two IIs so far.... My grandma literally told me to study for the MCAT again this morning...Drexel has been silent for a longgggg time
That's two more IIs than a majority of applicants so, no, tell your grandma to sit tight.

Reactions: 12 users

You’re doing great, as many people will tell you, there are many applicants at this point without any II’s at all. I understand that regardless of how many IIs you have, you always want more, but there will always be someone worse off than you and someone out there who is better off.

Reactions: 5 users
It’s......October.......
Lord give me the strength not to slap the neurotic outta this poor pre-med....

Reactions: 12 users
did anyone else have trouble finding the emails of the interviewers for thank yous?

It’s......October.......
Lord give me the strength not to slap the neurotic outta this poor pre-med....

At which month do we give up on IIs from schools? I am at 3 for my state but really wanted to come back to Philadelphia.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Jan. Many schools end cycles in late Jan but stop scheduling II in Dec so your chances are pretty low if you haven't heard by then
I got an II here the end of jan and interviewed in march with interviews going into april and IIs were still going out in march. So all hope isnt lost after the new year

for those who are interview for MD/PhD, does anyone know if they'll book the hotel for us? or do we get reimbursed? Since it's 1 night of hotel, I'm not sure if I should book for 2 nights now since lots of hotels have no cancellation policy

To anyone who has interviewed here, does the am/pm status of your interview denote the time that you are supposed to show up for interview day? Or is it just the time of your interview? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

To anyone who has interviewed here, does the am/pm status of your interview denote the time that you are supposed to show up for interview day? Or is it just the time of your interview? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
It is the time you show up for interview day. It is nice because it keeps the interview groups small. I was PM and showed up around 11. It says on the email the specific times.

It is the time you show up for interview day. It is nice because it keeps the interview groups small. I was PM and showed up around 11. It says on the email the specific times.
How many people are in the groups? How did you enjoy (or maybe not so much, depending haha) your interview day?

How many people are in the groups? How did you enjoy (or maybe not so much, depending haha) your interview day?
My interview PM session had around 10 people. I enjoyed my interview day! They did a good job of explaining the new curriculum. And my interviewer and the entire admissions office was super nice!

For people that stayed in a hotel close to the school, what was the cheapest or overall best option?

II today OOS complete 7/23. Dates available as early as 10/31 but tons of dates in november

Cancelling my interview here; hope one of y'all get it!

Reactions: 1 users
Soft R. When were you complete?

Wait, so does that mean that everyone who gets put on hold gets rejected in the end, theres no one who was interviewed after being put on hold?

whats your source if you dont mind me asking?

Wait, so does that mean that everyone who gets put on hold gets rejected in the end, theres no one who was interviewed after being put on hold?

That’s what it looks like from previous years threads

I'm sure you could find people who got II's after a hold, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Complete 8/1 (damn casper). Only radio silence. No Hold, No R, No II...

Reactions: 2 users
those who have interviewed already, do you think we will hear back earlier than 5 weeks since it was before oct 15th?

I am flying to Philly as we speak, does anyone have any food recommendations in East Falls? I'm starving.

Hold = rejection here right? Just got one over the weekend.

Soft R. When were you complete?

That’s what it looks like from previous years threads

1) Use the search feature located at the top right of your page before asking the same question over again. You can filter results to just this thread by checking a box.
2) Every applicant here is just guessing so please don't use their word/analysis as proof of anything.
3) As I said before:
...not true.

It literally means they're putting you aside to review your file later. You may not be a strong enough applicant to get accepted right off the bat, but they will review your file once they offer II/acceptances to the stronger applicants and get to your calibre of applicant. Myself and many others were put on hold pre or post interview last year and then accepted.

The neuroticism is strong with this thread already this year. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
those who have interviewed already, do you think we will hear back earlier than 5 weeks since it was before oct 15th?
I think it's possible. Maybe not for me since I was there last week, but I know someone who interviewed near the end of September and they were told they might hear back on 10/15.

I think it's possible. Maybe not for me since I was there last week, but I know someone who interviewed near the end of September and they were told they might hear back on 10/15.

I interviewed mid September and they didn't say anything about 10/15. Really hoping to hear around then though.