2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just finished my interview today at Drexel. Could've gone better, but it's time to play the waiting game!
Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They didn't even give me an estimate at my interview. I've just been assuming that I'll hear something around the 15th.
I’ve been looking at previous threads to try and gauge when we could expect some news. I wouldn’t say that every interview before 10/15 should expect to hear back that first week but maybe a week or so later.

The wait is already killing me aghhh

Hm the link takes me to a Drexel Connect portal. Maybe they sent the wrong link. Thanks!

@mpomp @hlr
What is the pre-interview video?
I'm interviewing next week and I didn't get an email with a link!

Last edited:
I just got II on Wednesday for MD/PhD! I'm set for 10/16 - 10/17. I'm actually freaked out by the prospect, because I'm still waiting on 15. I was complete 8/21 (my committee letter was pending.)

LizzyM ~66 | MCAT 508 | GPA 3.58C/3.5S

Reactions: 2 users
About this room though - where is it? Any advice for someone who's traveling the day before?

In the admissions office, same place you’re going to start the day.

Traveling, be mindful of where you’re staying. There really isn’t any lodging in East Falls and traffic can be brutal in and out of Center City (i’d suggest staying in Bala Cynwed and just ubering to the school. 10-15 min drive). Airport is also like 20-25 min away depending on traffic.

But there is plenty of public transportation via SEPTA (regional rail/subway is fastest) if you want to check out center city. You could also stay in Center City and take regional rail to the school. You’d either get onboard at Jefferson station, Suburban or 30th Street via the Chestnut Hill West line. Not a long train ride and you’d get off at the Queen Lane station and it is a five min walk to the school from there. I’m local and I rode the train to my interview to avoid traffic and whatnot. Of course Uber (which might be easier with luggage) is an option, you’d just have to plan for traffic.

I’m a third year at DUCOM so feel free to ask any questions regarding the school or travel/philly stuff

In the admissions office, same place you’re going to start the day.

Traveling, be mindful of where you’re staying. There really isn’t any lodging in East Falls and traffic can be brutal in and out of Center City (i’d suggest staying in Bala Cynwed and just ubering to the school. 10-15 min drive). Airport is also like 20-25 min away depending on traffic.

But there is plenty of public transportation via SEPTA (regional rail/subway is fastest) if you want to check out center city. You could also stay in Center City and take regional rail to the school. You’d either get onboard at Jefferson station, Suburban or 30th Street via the Chestnut Hill West line. Not a long train ride and you’d get off at the Queen Lane station and it is a five min walk to the school from there. I’m local and I rode the train to my interview to avoid traffic and whatnot. Of course Uber (which might be easier with luggage) is an option, you’d just have to plan for traffic.

I’m a third year at DUCOM so feel free to ask any questions regarding the school or travel/philly stuff

Thanks for the info!

I booked an Airbnb in Powelton Village the night before (October 15 - October 16) and I'm Amtrak-ing there that night. They're reimbursing for Amtrak and they said they would be arranging a hotel overnight for me for the 16 - 17. Any advice on how early I should get there? The Associate Director said it starts around 10 AM.

Thanks for the info!

I booked an Airbnb in Powelton Village the night before (October 15 - October 16) and I'm Amtrak-ing there that night. They're reimbursing for Amtrak and they said they would be arranging a hotel overnight for me for the 16 - 17. Any advice on how early I should get there? The Associate Director said it starts around 10 AM.

That is in West Philly near the Drexel main campus in university city. If you’re ubering, maybe 30 min ahead of time. Get there at like 945 so i’d leave by like 915 (according to Waze lol)

That is in West Philly near the Drexel main campus in university city. If you’re ubering, maybe 30 min ahead of time. Get there at like 945 so i’d leave by like 915 (according to Waze lol)
Thank you so, so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
if the portal just says "your application is ready", does that mean you're under review yet? submitted 7/25 and no movement :/ not sure they've even read my app

if the portal just says "your application is ready", does that mean you're under review yet? submitted 7/25 and no movement :/ not sure they've even read my app
I'm not sure to tell you. That's what mine was at until I heard back. I'm also not sure about their review process for regular MD vs MD/PhD. Every school is different with what goes where.

II today around 3:30! LM 73-74, complete on 8/8! Earliest date available right now is October 24th!

Damn I am getting worried as hell... I got the complete e-mail 7/31, and people who submitted after me have an II... :(

:boom: <- Me when Med Schools claim to do a 'holistic' review. But that's life I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
What's the parking situation like for interviews?

Edit: Found it. For anyone else wondering, park in Visitors Lot and it's $10.

Damn I am getting worried as hell... I got the complete e-mail 7/31, and people who submitted after me have an II... :(

I wouldn't worry too much about the completion dates. Like many have said before, schools don't necessarily review applications in chronological order.

Last edited:
Hey guys I interviewed here sometime in Sept, forgot to post a review but I figured I'd share now in case you were wondering about the day.

I didn't get a hotel or anything bc I am from Philly but a lot of other students used the Bed and Breakfast recommended by Drexel and really liked it.

Interview day:
Introduction with admissions: They go over stats about how many they interview/accept/ and give time for questions. Tell you about the curriculum, and the school itself.

Then we had a meeting with both AM/PM sessions with the Dean of Curriculum and did a Q and A. They seemed very receptive to student feedback and were constantly trying to improve. They answered a lot of questions and were very helpful.

Next student interview/lunch. You and 2-3 other students talk to a student while having lunch. It was very laid back. Basic questions like what do you do for fun and what interests you. I talked about netflix. We bonded.

Then we went on a tour of the school, I think it was really nice. The gym seemed cramped, and we werent able to see the student lounge for some reason but I liked the campus a lot.

After that you do a brief casper-esque ethics scenario on an iPad.

Then you do your faculty interview.

Then you're done and get a free T-shirt.

Overall-I went in kind of worried bc Drexel gets trashed on SDN post-interview feedback but i had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I really liked the school, the students I met, and the faculty.

I only wish we got to see the clinical training sites.

Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys I interviewed here sometime in Sept, forgot to post a review but I figured I'd share now in case you were wondering about the day.

I didn't get a hotel or anything bc I am from Philly but a lot of other students used the Bed and Breakfast recommended by Drexel and really liked it.

Interview day:
Introduction with admissions: They go over stats about how many they interview/accept/ and give time for questions. Tell you about the curriculum, and the school itself.

Then we had a meeting with both AM/PM sessions with the Dean of Curriculum and did a Q and A. They seemed very receptive to student feedback and were constantly trying to improve. They answered a lot of questions and were very helpful.

Next student interview/lunch. You and 2-3 other students talk to a student while having lunch. It was very laid back. Basic questions like what do you do for fun and what interests you. I talked about netflix. We bonded.

Then we went on a tour of the school, I think it was really nice. The gym seemed cramped, and we werent able to see the student lounge for some reason but I liked the campus a lot.

Overall-I went in kind of worried bc Drexel gets trashed on SDN post-interview feedback but i had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I really liked the school, the students I met, and the faculty.

Im surprised it wasn’t mentioned:
Affiliated Hospitals/Health Systems - College of Medicine

The student lounge is right in front of where the gym is. The size of the gym is deceiving, it is bigger than it seems from the outside.

Interview day:

If you were AM, what time did you get done?

so, I am coming from DC, and I was wondering what would be easier? train or drive? any advice? also, what is the parking situation?

Anyone see anywhere to upload a thank you note on the portal after an interview?

II today! :) Complete 8/7

Reactions: 1 users
so, I am coming from DC, and I was wondering what would be easier? train or drive? any advice? also, what is the parking situation?
Parking on campus for $10. DC to philly isn't a bad drive, but if you're doing it the day of I would be worried about traffic

I would drive. The campus is like 8 miles from the city so you will probably need to uber back and forth and stuff too.

Having driven through DC from Philly a couple times a year I would 100% suggest taking the train instead of driving. The traffic on that drive will be horrendous. If you were to drive, I would stay overnight.

If you take the train you could get an uber to the campus (which it seems like most out-of-towners did for their interviews). However when you get off from AMTRAK at 30th street station you could walk over to SEPTA regional rail and take the Chestnut Hill West line to Queen Lane and it'll drop you around a 5 min walk to Drexel.

Just a word of caution to out-of-towners. SEPTA is not the most reliable when it comes to getting you from point A to point B on time, even on a good day. Plus with construction on the lines until October 10th, it will probably get even worse.

Just a word of caution to out-of-towners. SEPTA is not the most reliable when it comes to getting you from point A to point B on time, even on a good day. Plus with construction on the lines until October 10th, it will probably get even worse.

Lol this is true. I take regional rail every day and SEPTA is great when it works. But when it doesn't, it is normally really screwed up. I find that weekday trains during rush hour typically run smoothly but out of peak hours I've found regional rail to be chronically late. Know that septa is an option, but don't completely bank on it.

Anyone else has a red "!" next time MCAT complete? Never seen this on here before.

Lol this is true. I take regional rail every day and SEPTA is great when it works. But when it doesn't, it is normally really screwed up. I find that weekday trains during rush hour typically run smoothly but out of peak hours I've found regional rail to be chronically late. Know that septa is an option, but don't completely bank on it.

Following SEPTA on twitter or using the SEPTA app has helped me. My SO rides the train everday, and with the exception of the issue with the the Vs a few years ago, really has no complaints, and takes Chestnut Hill West from QL to Suburban everyday.

Following SEPTA on twitter or using the SEPTA app has helped me. My SO rides the train everday, and with the exception of the issue with the the Vs a few years ago, really has no complaints, and takes Chestnut Hill West from QL to Suburban everyday.
I guess I really have bad luck then haha. Every time I try to get into or out of Philly, the train is delayed for like 30-45 mins. At that point I would have just driven into the city.

I guess I really have bad luck then haha. Every time I try to get into or out of Philly, the train is delayed for like 30-45 mins. At that point I would have just driven into the city.

Sounds it lol but ive noticed some lines are a lot worse than others for reliability

Unsure if it's been answered, but has anyone asked at their interview what the timeline is after interviewing (as far as being contacted, the earliest we can hear back, etc.)?

Unsure if it's been answered, but has anyone asked at their interview what the timeline is after interviewing (as far as being contacted, the earliest we can hear back, etc.)?

I interviewed mid September and they said we’d likely hear back near October 15.

Parking on campus for $10. DC to philly isn't a bad drive, but if you're doing it the day of I would be worried about traffic
I have the afternoon session though.... I think I should be ok..... But I will think about it... I still have time - my interview is not till November 7th. I think taking the train, and then taking Uber might be easier. How is uber situation there?

Anyone who interviewed in the PM session give some insight on what time they finished? Are there any activities we could possibly skip if we have to catch a train/flight?

Anyone who interviewed in the PM session give some insight on what time they finished? Are there any activities we could possibly skip if we have to catch a train/flight?
No chance of skipping anything. Some people were finished at 3:30,others finished at 4pm.