2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone that interviewed today willing to share what it was like? I'm interviewing tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Woke up to an email. Swore to god it would be a hold email but it was an II!!!! Ah!!!!!

OOS, LizzyM 65-70, secondary submitted 7/17, complete since 7/18.

Reactions: 19 users
interview invite this morning as well! complete 7/9, LM ~75 so I guess they're revisiting those earlier apps. YAY!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Of all the Philly medical school personas I've experienced (I'm not naming any in particular or bashing any other school) I liked Drexel's best because the people here (students and professors alike) felt the most genuine; they all want to see each student succeed.
I am not much of a city person so the fact that the campus is out on its own in East Falls is great because I don't feel claustrophobic like I would if I was right in the city. This is a point of dissatisfaction among a lot of people (the fact that the campus and the hospital aren't right next to each other). Its definitely a place where I KNOW that I can grow and be supported; instead of the feeling of this is an institution looking to use students to benefit the institution.

That’s great to hear. Thank you!

Anyone who interviewed here today or yesterday is willing to share their experience of the day in general?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who was complete in August receive an II yet?

Anyone who was complete in August receive an II yet?

I was complete early August and received an II this week. Although for Drexel I think the consensus is that no news is good news!

Anyone who interviewed here today or yesterday is willing to share their experience of the day in general?
Ok so the group student interview is v laid back. Just chatting over lunch and the tour so not like they are about to grill you with questions and stuff (idk if they have even seen your app or will at any point). My faculty interview was awesome and really laid back. Basically a conversation and didnt really bring up anything on my app since we were talking about having similar backgrounds. This wasnt the case for other people tho so YMMV. Some people had more stoic faculty and were asked deep questions about stuff on their app. Also the intro they do gives you a TLDR of how the AAMC policy change will affect the school and students (you can hold more than 1 acceptance after April 30th now and schools. Kinda confusing but they explain it all well). You have a lot of down time between activities so if things run over you wont be late for anything else. Lots of down time and hanging out and chatting with the other applicants. Theres a session with the dean of curriculum so you can ask about stuff you saw in the curriculum video. They recently implemented a new curriculum in 2017 with no lectures so she gives you a good sense of why they did and how students have liked it so far.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so the group student interview is v laid back. Just chatting over lunch and the tour so not like they are about to grill you with questions and stuff (idk if they have even seen your app or will at any point). My faculty interview was awesome and really laid back. Basically a conversation and didnt really bring up anything on my app since we were talking about having similar backgrounds. This wasnt the case for other people tho so YMMV. Some people had more stoic faculty and were asked deep questions about stuff on their app. Also the intro they do gives you a TLDR of how the AAMC policy change will affect the school and students (you can hold more than 1 acceptance after April 30th now and schools. Kinda confusing but they explain it all well). You have a lot of down time between activities so if things run over you wont be late for anything else. Lots of down time and hanging out and chatting with the other applicants. Theres a session with the dean of curriculum so you can ask about stuff you saw in the curriculum video. They recently implemented a new curriculum in 2017 with no lectures so she gives you a good sense of why they did and how students have liked it so far.

I really enjoyed my interview here! It was my first one so I did not know what to expect but I honestly did not feel stressed once things started. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming (including the student and faculty interviewer). I expected my interview to go more into my app but it was very conversational and I ended up enjoying the conversation.

The admissions staff told us that they are sending more IIs this year because of the AAMC changes. They also expect to put more people on the waitlist because of the changes.

I really enjoyed my interview here! It was my first one so I did not know what to expect but I honestly did not feel stressed once things started. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming (including the student and faculty interviewer). I expected my interview to go more into my app but it was very conversational and I ended up enjoying the conversation.

The admissions staff told us that they are sending more IIs this year because of the AAMC changes. They also expect to put more people on the waitlist because of the changes.
Even the applicants were super nice. The students all seemed really happy. The tour was nice and since the students were M2, they were able to talk about how their last year was since I believe they were the first class to have the new curriculum.

Even the applicants were super nice. The students all seemed really happy. The tour was nice and since the students were M2, they were able to talk about how their last year was since I believe they were the first class to have the new curriculum.

I agree! One of my favorite parts of the interview was chatting with other applicants. Everybody was super nice and it made things a lot less stressful.

I'm super glad to hear this! I know people complained last year that they talked to M1s who had no idea how the new curriculum was since they'd only been there a few weeks to months. Glad to hear so much positive feedback! :)

II right now!
Complete 7/23
Good luck to everyone!

Is there still an essay part to the interview?

i just realized i never got a rejection letter from last cycle. i got put on pre-II hold and never heard anything afterwards. do people get a rejection from this school or is pre-II hold then silent rejection

i just realized i never got a rejection letter from last cycle. i got put on pre-II hold and never heard anything afterwards. do people get a rejection from this school or is pre-II hold then silent rejection

did they send you some notification that you were on a Pre-II hold or you just submitted an then never heard back?

Anyone on hold who submitted on/after July 29th?

ii today! LizzyM/ info in bio. Submitted secondary mid July. First available date: mid-late October

Last edited:
Is this technically good news?

With these changes in place, while it does mean that more students will be interviewed, does it also mean that the same range of students will be accepted from previous years (and more put on the waitlist), or that more students will be accepted (in anticipation of the policy changes) and that more students will also be placed on the waitlist?

Thanks!
It’s more likely that a ton more people will be put on the waitlist. They’re most likely to be super conservative with acceptances

Your student interviewers haven’t seen your apps! It is more to get a sense of who you are as a person and if they think you’d fit in and be a good potential classmate. So my best advice: be human and be yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
Your student interviewers haven’t seen your apps! It is more to get a sense of who you are as a person and if they think you’d fit in and be a good potential classmate. So my best advice: be human and be yourself.
Do they not see them at all? I figured it would be more of a "how would you mesh with other students here" type of interview

Do they not see them at all? I figured it would be more of a "how would you mesh with other students here" type of interview

Student interview is closed file. It really is exactly what you just described! Very very relaxed

It is exactly like that. No, your file isnt seen and student interviewers are basically told to shy away from academics and more focus on your hobbies and who you are outside of school/medicine stuff

II about an hour ago! Super excited!! IS ORM 3.1 gpa 515 mcat nontrad

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if they have a room to store luggage while interviewing? :)

Just finished my interview today at Drexel. Could've gone better, but it's time to play the waiting game!