esentr

2+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
hold 12/4, complete 8/1, LM 67, nontrad ORM, confused as to what holds really mean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sinigang14

2+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2017
Complete mid Aug. No communication. Is this a silent R?
Drexel gets like 14K applications every year, it seems more likely that your application is just lost or in line to be review\ed

SirButtcheek

I'm Buttiful not Assinine
May 24, 2018
Wilkes Barre
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Pre-II rejection, Complete 8/22 ish. LizzyM 71. Really shocked by the rejection, thought I had a good chance. I applied MD/PhD.

Feb 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
MD/PhD R today

SirButtcheek

I'm Buttiful not Assinine
May 24, 2018
Wilkes Barre
Status
Is there anyone who got an II from this school for MDPhD willing to have a discussion?

Blue96

2+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2015
Status
complete 7/28

Oct 25, 2018
Dont you love it when your safe in-state school throws you on hold for a interview, but an OOS higher ranked school accepts you? Can I get ONE interview from my state schools FFS

Oct 25, 2018
Yo bud chill out. I and many others will gladly take that acceptance from you if you don't want it
How did you read what I said to sound like I was ungrateful at all about my acceptance? I'm just mad that I hoped for atleast 1 in-state interview and I don't have any.

Boros

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
How did you read what I said to sound like I was ungrateful at all about my acceptance? I'm just mad that I hoped for atleast 1 in-state interview and I don't have any.
Wellll..the comment does read like it has subtle tones of annoyance/frustration which can come off as ungrateful to anyone who wants to be in your current position.

Nov 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Dont you love it when your safe in-state school throws you on hold for a interview, but an OOS higher ranked school accepts you? Can I get ONE interview from my state schools FFS
No such thing as a “safe” med school. The whole process is a crapshoot. Stay humble and grateful for whatever you get

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jul 23, 2018
Status
What state are you from ?

Jul 23, 2018
Status
At least you have an acceptance...a lot of us don't have that.
Yeah !!! I know some amazing , talented people who don’t have any interviews yet . People , who’ve been working in healthcare field for a long time , and understand what it’s all about . This kind of attitude makes me feel that the person has a very different motivation or idea about being a doctor . But either way , it is frustrating to read posts like this . This process is hard enough without someone calling state schools “safe schools”( I am not sure why , but I find that part offensive . My dream school is a state school ).

Jun 6, 2018
Plus PA doesn’t really have a state school. They’re all private besides geisinger which is technically a state school

Jun 25, 2018
Status
Plus PA doesn’t really have a state school. They’re all private besides geisinger which is technically a state school
Geisinger is also private!

Reactions: dancelyfe4ever
Jun 25, 2018
Status
Didn’t they just get a couple million from the state? That would obligate them to take in state students
Not sure on that, I just know on MSAR they are registered as private

phillyapple

2+ Year Member
May 2, 2016
Status
Not sure on that, I just know on MSAR they are registered as private
All of the PA medical schools are private (probably because our stingy state government gives each school like $2). Our "in-state" tuition is a joke at most schools with ~3k difference compared to OOS tuition.

Jun 25, 2018
Status
All of the PA medical schools are private (probably because our stingy state government gives each school like $2). Our "in-state" tuition is a joke at most schools with ~3k difference compared to OOS tuition.
Gotta love it! But I do love all of the PA schools, so many fantastic options

Reactions: phillyapple