2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed and asked about an accepted students group- I'll keep you updated!

In case anyone was wondering, I never heard back lol...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who here is ready for the next round of decisions Friday
When did you interview?? I can't remember when they told me to expect an answer and I've been holding my breathe every time I check my email.

Reactions: 1 user
When did you interview?? I can't remember when they told me to expect an answer and I've been holding my breathe every time I check my email.
I'm pretty sure we were told that the next round would come the week of the 17th?

Reactions: 3 users
II today. I was set on PCOM but an acceptance from Drexel may change my mind.

Reactions: 1 users
When were you complete and stats if you don't mind?
August 13th. I honestly had counted myself out of any MD program. I had one II to an MD school in Michigan, but PCOM is closer to home so I ruled that one out.

Can any M1-M2 talk about how frequent there is PBL and other mandatory activities? And if you feel they are efficient and structured well. I know PBL is the new "thing" for a lot of schools and that students arent normally a fan because its not implemented well at times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any M1-M2 talk about how frequent there is PBL and other mandatory activities? And if you feel they are efficient and structured well. I know PBL is the new "thing" for a lot of schools and that students arent normally a fan because its not implemented well at times.
You have one Case Based Learning (CBL) session each week, either tuesday or thursday depending on which half of the class you're in. The other day you'll have a Team Based Learning (TBL) session each week. Both are mandatory. Beyond that you'll also have labs for neuro, microanatomy, gross anatomy, etc. depending which block you're in.

CBL is actually pretty fun because you're acting like an actual physician and talking out symptoms, diagnoses, lab tests/imaging you would order, and learning the actual thought process.

TBL can be a drag depending on which professor is leading it, or it can be super helpful in solidifying concepts/letting you know what concepts to focus on learning if you're behind.

You have one Case Based Learning (CBL) session each week, either tuesday or thursday depending on which half of the class you're in. The other day you'll have a Team Based Learning (TBL) session each week. Both are mandatory. Beyond that you'll also have labs for neuro, microanatomy, gross anatomy, etc. depending which block you're in.

CBL is actually pretty fun because you're acting like an actual physician and talking out symptoms, diagnoses, lab tests/imaging you would order, and learning the actual thought process.

TBL can be a drag depending on which professor is leading it, or it can be super helpful in solidifying concepts/letting you know what concepts to focus on learning if you're behind.
So about 6ish hours a week of TBL/CBL? Doesnt seem toooo bad. Do you feel like the majority of the professors do a good job with these or do you feel like the majority of the sessions are a waste of time? I heard some people just do Anki during the sessions instead.

So about 6ish hours a week of TBL/CBL? Doesnt seem toooo bad. Do you feel like the majority of the professors do a good job with these or do you feel like the majority of the sessions are a waste of time? I heard some people just do Anki during the sessions instead.
If they're doing Anki its probably during PBL where you can get away with it. And its also probably because they're behind on the material. If you are up to date with the lectures the PBL's are helpful no matter who is running them.

CBL isn't always "helpful" with learning the material, but its not designed to be. CBL is about learning the thought process behind diagnosing.

Seems like we’ll actually be waiting until next week this time. I’m going on 10 weeks post-interview with no correspondence so I’m hoping I find out this decision week.

Reactions: 2 users
Best of luck to everyone else who are hoping to hear back tomorrow! Here's to hoping we get calls tomorrow and aren't waiting until Friday.

Reactions: 6 users
anyone who interviewed around 10/17 still waiting to hear back too?

Do y’all think people who interviewed second week of November will hear back this week?

Has anyone stayed at studentguesthousemd for their interview at Drexel?

studentguesthouseMD

I emailed them, never heard back, stayed at an Air BnB in center city (‘the historic barber shop’), and took Uber to the school. The Air BnB was awesome. One SDNer told me they stayed at said guest house and liked it, but I don’t know how they got ahold of them...

I wonder what the cut-off interview date is for this batch of acceptances...I interviewed at the end of October. Hoping to hear back this week and not in Jan.

Has anyone else been complete since the end of August with no rejection or II email?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I wonder what the cut-off interview date is for this batch of acceptances...I interviewed at the end of October. Hoping to hear back this week and not in Jan.
Agreed. I feel like nobody is hearing back even though it's a decision week...it has to happen to someone!

Oof god, I didn’t realize they were so far behind. I was hoping to hear something today, interviewed 11/26, but I guess I’m in this for the long haul :nailbiting:
interviewed same day and was hoping to hear this week but guess not :/

Just accepted!! Interviewed 10/31

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted by email! OOS interview early October

Last edited:
Accepted by email! Interviewed October 31.

Anyone still waiting, 10/15 interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted! Just got the email. Interviewed 10/11. Best of luck to everyone.

Just accepted! Interviewed 10/19

Reactions: 5 users