2018-2019 Eastern Virginia Medical School

Started by Lawpy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm guessing two weeks from now is going to be one of the last real "movements" since it's after their CTE deadline. Might have a few spots open.
 
Do we suspect for there to be any IS movement here past CTE? I know from the VA schools that UVA's and VCU's CTE deadlines already occurred, so for some reason I don't there will be much movement at all
 
I noticed the EVMS financial aid portal updated with federal loan awards, did anyone receive any scholarship award information? I don’t see any but not sure if they put that in yet or I just missed out 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed the EVMS financial aid portal updated with federal loan awards, did anyone receive any scholarship award information? I don’t see any but not sure if they put that in yet or I just missed out 🙁
Ok I found the amounts on the “lifetime awards “ tab and in “distribution “ tab . Yet , I don’t see anywhere where I can go in and “accept” them . Did you find that ?
 
Ok I found the amounts on the “lifetime awards “ tab and in “distribution “ tab . Yet , I don’t see anywhere where I can go in and “accept” them . Did you find that ?
I also can’t find anywhere to accept them. Maybe they are still in the process of getting it updated?
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
Ah ok, appreciate the response. Would you mind giving a brief overview of what the exam schedule is like?
The curriculum has changed some since my class went through it (since we were the guinea pig class for the new curriculum) so I'm not sure of the duration of each course but in general you'll have 1 midterm and 1 final for each course (unless the course is really long...I think Heart/Lung/Kidney was 8 weeks long and had 2 midterms and 1 final). All exams are curated from retired questions from the NBME question bank (NBME administers the Step exams) and are taken at the testing center(~10min walk from campus).
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
The curriculum has changed some since my class went through it (since we were the guinea pig class for the new curriculum) so I'm not sure of the duration of each course but in general you'll have 1 midterm and 1 final for each course (unless the course is really long...I think Heart/Lung/Kidney was 8 weeks long and had 2 midterms and 1 final). All exams are curated from retired questions from the NBME question bank (NBME administers the Step exams) and are taken at the testing center(~10min walk from campus).
so, roughly, are we talking an exam every 3-4 weeks?
 
so, roughly, are we talking an exam every 3-4 weeks?
For the most part, yes! It's a lot better than the class of 2019; I remember they had 10 exams in the month of October (Y I K E S) since they were on the old curriculum which was subjects-based. During your first semester you will have 2 courses (anatomy + foundational science) but starting with the spring semester and onwards for the rest of M1 and M2 years you will only have one course at a time so it's very doable 🙂
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
For the most part, yes! It's a lot better than the class of 2019; I remember they had 10 exams in the month of October (Y I K E S) since they were on the old curriculum which was subjects-based. During your first semester you will have 2 courses (anatomy + foundational science) but starting with the spring semester and onwards for the rest of M1 and M2 years you will only have one course at a time so it's very doable 🙂
oh this is perfect. So we can really dive into one subject. Thats perfect.!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad