2018-2019 Florida International University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys!
Anyone here gotten off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been in contact with admissions lately to see if movement has stalled or continued?

Members don't see this ad :)
This isn’t really going to be helpful, but I called today and they said they are still pulling. They gave me absolutely no detail into how many they’ve pulled, if they’re stalled, etc. What they did say, which was interesting, was that they don’t even know when orientation is going to be and they might have to push it back into August. Also said they are pulling until the day of orientation. My guess is that they’ll be pulling more much later on and are pushing back for that reason, but honestly everything is speculation at this point haha

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any information regarding the FIU Graduate Certificate Program? Just got accepted!! I am considering this as an option but wanted to hear from someone who possibly has more insight on the program or if there are any former students with advice. Thank you in advance!

When did you complete your application to the program? Did it take long to hear back? And no I’m sorry i haven’t heard anything about it, but I would also love to hear what former students think

When did you complete your application to the program? Did it take long to hear back? And no I’m sorry i haven’t heard anything about it, but I would also love to hear what former students think
I submitted the application 4/15, but was not verified that all my application materials were in until earlier this week. So it was about a week to hear back after everything was verified. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Someone please call other than me lol I’m on a one way street to being blocked
Ok So I called them and they said the same thing, they will continue pulling people out u til orientation date which is July 19th or 29th (I forgot which). They meet once a week and pull out “as currently accepted students give up their seats because they got into other schools.” Honestly it seems to me like the wait list movement this year is minimal. Most schools have their class close to completion at this point so I don’t think students are actively giving up their seats. Good luck to everyone who is reapplying, I wish you a successful year!

Reactions: 1 users
Ok So I called them and they said the same thing, they will continue pulling people out u til orientation date which is July 19th or 29th (I forgot which). They meet once a week and pull out “as currently accepted students give up their seats because they got into other schools.” Honestly it seems to me like the wait list movement this year is minimal. Most schools have their class close to completion at this point so I don’t think students are actively giving up their seats. Good luck to everyone who is reapplying, I wish you a successful year!

Did they mention what day of the week they meet??

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just called and they said that tomorrow is the last day for accepted students to commit to enroll and if they’ve don’t they will be dropped. She said that after tomorrow there should be “a lot of waitlist movement”, but that it’s likely they wouldn’t reach out until next week since tomorrow is a Saturday. Sometimes they tell us different things, so if anyone else would like to call and see if they get the same kind of response (which makes me feel a little hopeful), that would be great!

Reactions: 3 users
That's great news! :) thanks for sharing the info..! I would call but lol I'm not on the waitlist so it's a bit awkward. I'm hoping my good friend gets off the WL. Lol
So I just called and they said that tomorrow is the last day for accepted students to commit to enroll and if they’ve don’t they will be dropped. She said that after tomorrow there should be “a lot of waitlist movement”, but that it’s likely they wouldn’t reach out until next week since tomorrow is a Saturday. Sometimes they tell us different things, so if anyone else would like to call and see if they get the same kind of response (which makes me feel a little hopeful), that would be great!

Hi! I have lost all faith on the info that they give us lol they tell people different things. However, for the sake of holding on to hope, I called and they told me exactly what they told you. Good luck!

Honestly, at this point, I'll be excited if anyone gets off the waitlist. Feel free to post on here next week and I'll shower you with love :) My current plans at this point are to retake MCAT June 29th and go for the Certificate program. If anyone else here is doing the Certificate program, PM me and I'll get some sort of group thing set up so we can chat before it commences.

Keep strong. No matter how long it takes, you'll all be physicians one day. Have a rockin Friday! ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Honestly, at this point, I'll be excited if anyone gets off the waitlist. Feel free to post on here next week and I'll shower you with love :) My current plans at this point are to retake MCAT June 29th and go for the Certificate program. If anyone else here is doing the Certificate program, PM me and I'll get some sort of group thing set up so we can chat before it commences.

Keep strong. No matter how long it takes, you'll all be physicians one day. Have a rockin Friday! ;)
That’s more like it!

Would anyone mind calling and asking if they are still expecting movement since the commit to enroll date has passed? I think they might get annoyed to hear from me again haha

Would anyone mind calling and asking if they are still expecting movement since the commit to enroll date has passed? I think they might get annoyed to hear from me again haha
I called, but I suggest no one else does right now. The person that's in is the one that gives either bad information or basically none at all. The only answer she gave was "we expect movement until matriculation" lol. I think we should call after 12 or whenever it is they switch off.

OMG OMG OMG. So I had my friend call after 1:00 pm and he spoke to a woman who said to email admissions and ask about our place on the waitlist (AKA ranking). He re-clarified asking if it was in fact ranked and if we could know our rank and she said yes?!?! Can someone PLEASE call to confirm this? This is nuts.

I'm legit scared to email them asking because they explicitly stated before it was unranked and we shouldn't ask.

OMG OMG OMG. So I had my friend call after 1:00 pm and he spoke to a woman who said to email admissions and ask about our place on the waitlist (AKA ranking). He re-clarified asking if it was in fact ranked and if we could know our rank and she said yes?!?! Can someone PLEASE call to confirm this? This is nuts.

I'm legit scared to email them asking because they explicitly stated before it was unranked and we shouldn't ask.

Whoa, just called and confirmed this!! I was also kinda taken back and reconfirmed what she said about ranking. I'm emailing right now [email protected]

Best of luck everyone!

I just got an email back saying that they can't disclose any details pertaining to the waitlist and that it's not ranked. So I called back and spoke to the same rep.

She walked over to admissions to find out what's going on. She said "they already started pulling and we will be getting calls throughout the week (rolling). Don't lose hope, hang in there"

I think it's best not to email at this point since I already got that response haha. I HOPE WE ALL GET IN THIS WEEK!!!

Plz like this if you’re on the waitlist, so we have an accurate count!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted on Monday, June 17. Oos, MCAT 518, GPA 3.45. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted on Monday, June 17. Oos, MCAT 518, GPA 3.45. Best of luck to you all!
FINALLY SOMEONE!!! CONGRATS CONGRAT CONGRATS!!! We’re all living vicariously through you :) BEAUTIFUL MCAT too! You’re going to kick butt at FIU. Hopefully I’ll see you there next year after the GCP.

Nothing here for a whole week! Are they done now? o_O

I WAS ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST AT DREXEL TODAY' !!!!! JUST FEW MINUTES AGO. I wish the best to rest of the wait listed here. I was interviewed on 2/6

I WAS ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST AT DREXEL TODAY' !!!!! JUST FEW MINUTES AGO. I wish the best to rest of the wait listed here. I was interviewed on 2/6
CONGRATS! Best of wishes on your journey! Proud of you :)

Hi! My interview at FIU is coming up and I was wondering if any accepted students would be willing to offer advice? Any insight would be very much appreciated, thank you!

Hi! My interview at FIU is coming up and I was wondering if any accepted students would be willing to offer advice? Any insight would be very much appreciated, thank you!
They're pretty structured interviews with interviewers going through a pre-set list of questions, nothing really out there. Dont get down if one of them seems to go really poorly/the interviewer seems super stoic and cold. I think they give everyone a hard-ass for one of their interviews, as everyone at my interview day reported a similar experience

Last edited:
congrats on the interview! It was a laid back fairly structured day. It was two interviews: one faculty member and one medical student. They asked pretty standard questions and a few about my secondary. there were sume ethical questions about certain scenarios that they would tell you about and typical like why medicine etc. type questions