2018-2019 Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just thought everyone should know: looking through past year's threads, first round of decisions for the past 3 years have all been the second Tuesday in December! Of course this doesn't mean we'll hear back tomorrow but good luck to everyone

2017-18: Dec 12
2016-17: Dec 13
2015-16: Dec 8

Did you happen to see what time? XD

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I wish but I can't see the time posts were written! If anyone is able to see the times please post them below :p

I also checked and couldn't see haha. Hopefully it's not too early in the day :p (if at all). I don't want to hear the news until after my exams so i don't go in overly bummed or excited depending on the news.

Members don't see this ad :)
I take it back, i just wanna hear as soon as possible now :D

Reactions: 5 users
I checked the times; they were usually between 9:30 and 11am EST *laughs nervously*

I checked the times; they were usually between 9:30 and 11am EST *laughs nervously*
sorry to jump in here but how did you check the times on posts?

Reactions: 1 user
sorry to jump in here but how did you check the times on posts?

You have to be on the non-mobile version of SDN, and if you hover over the date of the post with your cursor the time shows up. :)

Reactions: 2 users
So nothing yet for anyone??? I'm getting anxious. Maybe it won't be the same this year because of the traffic rules changing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh got a financial aid email from another school and i thought it was an email from here because I use a separate email for med schools so I got super excited

Hm maybe today's not the day?

sadly that's what it's looking like :(

oh well at least now we can be surprised sometime during this week when we're not expecting it since they said we'll know by the 15th. That leaves only 4 days left.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys,

This might have been asked, but does JHU take updates? Been silent since.
Don't see anywhere on the portal to update.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

This might have been asked, but does JHU take updates? Been silent since.
Don't see anywhere on the portal to update.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure you can just email them to Ms. Mazza (not sure what she goes by exactly but her email was [email protected])

I have a rejection letter (pre-II) in my portal from today so check!

Reactions: 3 users
Same. Just got the email - bummer, but not like I was expecting to get in here. There's always residency! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email with the "there has been a decision made on your portal" Rejected Pre-II. Applied 9/5 and was complete 9/27. Better luck to those who have yet to hear!

I have a rejection letter (pre-II) in my portal from today so check!

Sorry to hear that :( and thanks for letting us know. My portal is still empty though. Did you check under the message center?

R! Submitted in August and complete 9/17. I had no business applying here lol. Good luck guys.

Sorry to hear that :( and thanks for letting us know. My portal is still empty though. Did you check under the message center?
no worries! it shows up right under the application status with a decision status heading. post interview As/Rs might come out later though. good luck!!!

did anyone get accepted today? lol. its an R for me, my dudes. (pre-II R too - hurts but i knew it was never going to happen) good luck everyone else!
(submitted and complete late july)

Yeah, last year they did pre-II R (Dec 6) before the post-II decisions came out (Dec 12). Post-II may not be out until a couple more days, welp.

i also received confirmation of my donation to Hopkins today #axed

Reactions: 7 users
Not sure how relevant/accurate this is, but for all of us waiting on post-II decisions, the Hopkins page on MSAR has listed:
Acceptance notice-earliest date sent: December 14, 2018.
So maybe we will hear back on Friday? :)

I'm really sorry about this LOL but could somebody post the link to the portal? For some reason I only have the application site and it keeps redirecting me to an error so I'm not sure I have the right link :( Thank you!!

Not sure how relevant/accurate this is, but for all of us waiting on post-II decisions, the Hopkins page on MSAR has listed:
Acceptance notice-earliest date sent: December 14, 2018.
So maybe we will hear back on Friday? :)

That would make sense since they did say we would hear back by December 15th.

I'm really sorry about this LOL but could somebody post the link to the portal? For some reason I only have the application site and it keeps redirecting me to an error so I'm not sure I have the right link :( Thank you!!

The application site is the portal. If it's giving you an error you might have to clear the cache and cookies in your browser and then reopen it. I had the same issue and that fixed it.

The application site is the portal. If it's giving you an error you might have to clear the cache and cookies in your browser and then reopen it. I had the same issue and that fixed it.

ah resolved, thank you!!