2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone see any pros to the knoxville campus... other than the location not being in the middle of nowhere? Trying to decide which is best Har vs Knox.
--Also, unrelated, does anyone else have interviews with WCUCOM. I'm trying to decide between LMU and WCUCOM if anyone has any insights or is in the same situation lmk!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got approved for Knoxville campus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long did it take for them to tell you which campus you got into from when you got accepted?

Does anyone see any pros to the knoxville campus... other than the location not being in the middle of nowhere? Trying to decide which is best Har vs Knox.
--Also, unrelated, does anyone else have interviews with WCUCOM. I'm trying to decide between LMU and WCUCOM if anyone has any insights or is in the same situation lmk!
Nobody knows because it’s new. Assuming one would be happier in Knox if you are a diehard city person that can’t tolerate BFE.

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take for them to tell you which campus you got into from when you got accepted?
They asked us during our interview day what our preference was. After getting accepted they said they’d let you know which campus

Pros: there is a grocery store. Also, great restaurants, other resources are within close proximity, knx has beer and a million things to do, PRN work opportunities are plentiful, and there is plenty of available housing. Cons: housing is more expensive, knx has beer and a million things to do, unknown factor as to new instructors and organization of new campus, LMU specific resources are in Harrogate and Harrogate is well established.

Harrogate and mboro have groceries too it’s not like people eat dirt there. Beer selection not as great though so yeah. Really depends on where housing is located in regard to new location. I’m sure some real estate guru threw up housing for Ross students when it first opened in Knox. But at least the traffic isn’t bad in harrogate. Knox traffic can suck for a small city. Whoever planned the roads there was not super bright.
Did they not offer a tour or at least video tour of Knox campus for incoming students ??

Harrogate has the problem of not enough study rooms (I didn’t care never used them) but for those who can’t focus at home people used to fight over study rooms all the time. Not sure what the study room deal looks like at Knox campus.

The campus is located in the more expensive part of town which depending on if people have parental suppport can get expensive. But still relatively cheap vs coastal cities.
There really aren’t any harrogate specific resouces since the medical library was a joke in harrogate and for some reason the athletes always would study in there during there “dedicated but not really study time” since it’s in the main campus library.

Last edited:
People do eat dirt! I saw that white dirt fo sale in the gas station and I saw those cows on main campus next to a "no hunting" sign...now why would they have that there??? Cause people howngry that's why.

Interviewed on10/26 and still have not heard back yet. Has anyone that interview on that day gotten a call back?

Nothing. Did anyone get contact info for any of the other interviewees?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all I’m a first year medical student at DCOM. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions about the Harrogate campus.

Also if you have an interview at the Harrogate campus and need a place to stay I have an extra bedroom, please message me.

Hello all I’m a first year medical student at DCOM. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions about the Harrogate campus.

Also if you have an interview at the Harrogate campus and need a place to stay I have an extra bedroom, please message me.
Are study spots hard to find on campus. I study in quiet quiet and when interviewing I saw that most were full, is this the norm?

Are study spots hard to find on campus. I study in quiet quiet and when interviewing I saw that most were full, is this the norm?

Send me a private message so that I can answer any questions you may have

Got an II last Friday, interviewing this Friday! Looking forward to it

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! This thread is super long, and I am at work. I am sure this has been answered somewhere so I apologize for the redundancy. I have an interview this Friday. Anything I should specifically be aware of? I have heard its a fairly laid back interview day, which is encouraging. Also, the weather doesn't look great.. is there a walking tour of campus? Trying to decide if I need to pull out the PGA umbrella... haha

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! This thread is super long, and I am at work. I am sure this has been answered somewhere so I apologize for the redundancy. I have an interview this Friday. Anything I should specifically be aware of? I have heard its a fairly laid back interview day, which is encouraging. Also, the weather doesn't look great.. is there a walking tour of campus? Trying to decide if I need to pull out the PGA umbrella... haha
if you can bring an umbrella, do it! But they had them in front of the building for us, and we didn't do any walking outside. they had a shuttle 10 ft from the building you walked to, which drove you to lunch, then back. Most of the tour was from the bus, and then walked around DCOM itself. But that may have just been us, since it was raining :)

if you can bring an umbrella, do it! But they had them in front of the building for us, and we didn't do any walking outside. they had a shuttle 10 ft from the building you walked to, which drove you to lunch, then back. Most of the tour was from the bus, and then walked around DCOM itself. But that may have just been us, since it was raining :)
Thank you so much! :)

Did anyone go to the meet and greet? Deciding if I should go tomorrrowww. :)))))

Those accepted in 10/26 interview, we should get an email confirmation of our acceptance this afternoon. Congrats everyone! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Just received a complete email. Anyone know how long does application review usually takes?

So for the blind interview, they don't know your MCAT, GPA, or experience?

Any tips for the interview? Really like this schools mission and would love to go here.

@3rdTimesTheCharmer
They don't know anything about you except your name, so the blind interviews is a chance for you to highlight things you feel were most important. The interview is 2 on 1, very laid back (in my experience), and its more of a conversation than you being drilled with questions. So i would suggest preparing for the standard questions, but the rest is just you being real with them. They just want to see what your future goals are and why you're there wanting to pursue medicine.

Reactions: 2 users
Those accepted in 10/26 interview, we should get an email confirmation of our acceptance this afternoon. Congrats everyone! :soexcited:

I also received the call, but still haven’t received an email confirmation. Did you receive one already?

Anyone placed on hold post-secondary? Any chance if you know what this means?

I also received the call, but still haven’t received an email confirmation. Did you receive one already?

Same. I didn’t get a confirmation email. However I got an email about having a LMU email set up literally 1 minute ago.

Edit: received official acceptance email

Last edited:
Accepted! Got the call Tuesday, email today! Is there a FB group for accepted students?

Anybody from 11/02 batch heard back yet? I know there is still time, but I am just curious

Just got the complete email this morning, after submitting my application almost a month ago. For those of you with IIs how long did it take to hear back after you were complete?

Just got the complete email this morning, after submitting my application almost a month ago. For those of you with IIs how long did it take to hear back after you were complete?
So, I was complete on 10/10, and received an invitation on 10/16. I’m not quite sure if the timeline is same for everyone though. This was just mine for reference.

So, I was complete on 10/10, and received an invitation on 10/16. I’m not quite sure if the timeline is same for everyone though. This was just mine for reference.

Hoping for a quick turn around like you haha congrats on the II!

If anyone in the coming weeks or whenever has questions about Knoxville (the city itself) or anything related feel free to PM me. I currently live and have lived here for quite some time and could show you around or whatever you might need. Excited to attend this school!

This was posted on the FB page not too long ago, pretty stuff!

upload_2018-11-9_21-34-41.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
Update: just got my acceptance call about a minute ago! So excited to meet you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
interviewed 11/2 and got acceptance call today! letsgetittt

Reactions: 2 users