2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just FYI when I went to visit, I stopped by the Knoxville campus to take a peak of the outside: it's a larger building than the Harrogate one (at least it spans further horizontally), it's on the side of a freeway, and it's in a business park... in my opinion, not exactly what you'd envision a traditional medical school to look like.
From my visit to both campuses, the downtown area in Knoxville, and my emails with the admission staff, this is what I think -- take it w a grain of salt though because nobody knows anything about how Knoxville will work just yet:
If you are a little more of a loner and prefer to study/learn/live/adult independently, it seems like the Knoxville campus is better. There are fewer amenities (l don't think they have a student gym, no student housing, etc.) but downtown Knoxville is sooo cute, only ~15 minutes a way (by car), and I can imagine that I would frequent the cafes to study. Also if you want to have better food/nightlife options, Knoxville may be the choice because you have all of the city to explore. Like I said, if you are someone who maybe makes 1 or 2 really good friends and prefers not to get involved in large social functions, this may be a better fit?
However, Harrogate campus has more established social functions (student clubs, gym, student dining/housing, etc.) and you may have more access to resources directly supplied by the school itself... I think I'd equate it to the same resources you have as an undergrad living on a college campus. If you need to go in to lab to practice/study or need to talk to a professor, just walk up a hill and you're there! However, there (seems to be) literally nothing outside of Harrogate -- this may be a turn-off if you come from a city/diverse area. All there is to eat is fast-food, and even that is few and far between.
I chose the Knoxville due to just how rural Harrogate seems. Since you interviewed more recently, did they mention if they'd supply us with gym memberships or anything of the sort? Will they try and bring some amenities to that campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I chose the Knoxville due to just how rural Harrogate seems. Since you interviewed more recently, did they mention if they'd supply us with gym memberships or anything of the sort? Will they try and bring some amenities to that campus?

Unfortunately, they didn't expand on it :(
My info regarding the gym came from an e-mailed question I asked them. I don't know if they'll supplement anything for us.

I doubt they offer a gym membership directly from the school but I wanted to mention that Armor Gym (give it a google) is literally 5 minutes from the Knox campus and is probably the best gym you’ll ever go to if you’re really into lifting. They gave the Ross students a discount so I’m expecting that we will receive a discount of some sort. It’s $35/month without discount month to month.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt they offer a gym membership directly from the school but I wanted to mention that Armor Gym (give it a google) is literally 5 minutes from the Knox campus and is probably the best gym you’ll ever go to if you’re really into lifting. They gave the Ross students a discount so I’m expecting that we will receive a discount of some sort. It’s $35/month without discount month to month.
Do you know the Ross students? I definitely have questions on housing near by and how they went about that and if LMU will be similar.

Do you know the Ross students? I definitely have questions on housing near by and how they went about that and if LMU will be similar.
I do not know many Ross students but sometimes see them out and about. I’ll be sure to ask the next ones I meet and report back. Will you (or anyone else here) be attending the official tour that we recieved the email about?

I do not know many Ross students but sometimes see them out and about. I’ll be sure to ask the next ones I meet and report back. Will you (or anyone else here) be attending the official tour that we recieved the email about?
Yes, I will be attending the official tour on 12/8 as well.

I live in Knoxville (less than 5 mins from the new campus) and I also go to Armour Gym. If anyone has questions about the area feel free to PM me. I've lived here my whole life.

Reactions: 2 users

The harrogate campus has a tiny gym a starbucks and a chick filet I think now. Also some study rooms and library. Not really any other amenities that Knox itself would not have.

I got a gym membership first two years bc it was so packed and didn’t have much so don’t pick harrogate off the fact it has a gym lol

I know this is a bit ballsy, but I'm struggling to scrape up enough money to be able to pay the deposit. Has anyone had any luck with asking for a delay/payment plan?

The harrogate campus has a tiny gym a starbucks and a chick filet I think now. Also some study rooms and library. Not really any other amenities that Knox itself would not have.

I got a gym membership first two years bc it was so packed and didn’t have much so don’t pick harrogate off the fact it has a gym lol
Oh definitely, I'm all in on the Knoxville campus. I was just hoping they'd help a little with some of those amenities, I know other DOs that aren't part of a state school or anything tend to do that.

So I emailed LMU-DCOM about when their white coat ceremony takes place, and they said it takes place in the "spring of the 2nd year." Can current students confirm this? So would we (for those accepted this cycle) have to wait until spring of 2021 for our white coat ceremony?

So I emailed LMU-DCOM about when their white coat ceremony takes place, and they said it takes place in the "spring of the 2nd year." Can current students confirm this? So would we (for those accepted this cycle) have to wait until spring of 2021 for our white coat ceremony?
this came up in our interview too.. It is true. One of the motivating factors was that you will get your coat nasty from lab etc, and inevitably need a new one for your clinicals. So they wait, I don't think it is a bad idea!

Members don't see this ad :)
this came up in our interview too.. It is true. One of the motivating factors was that you will get your coat nasty from lab etc, and inevitably need a new one for your clinicals. So they wait, I don't think it is a bad idea!
Yeah it’s spring second year.

Didn’t even know people worried about white cost prior to matriculation lol. Should be the least of anyone’s worries. They moved it because ( I am assuming)a bunch of people would do it. Take a bunch of pics. Post them everywhere, then fail out bc it was like a month into the curriculum. They want you to earn it by passing the first two years first (not a bad idea) Pretty embarrassing so they are doing people a favor moving it back two years prior to clinicals

Sorta saves those people who end up not making it from having to explain “hey I saw your white coat pic thought you were in med school”

That's actually reasonable. I was wondering because I need to plan for plane tickets for some of my relatives (who live outside of the US) who will fly in to see the ceremony in person. But at least I don't have to worry about that now!

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the interview process? What are the chances of getting accepted based off your interview? Do they just make sure you're a decent person during your interview and a good fit for the school and accept based off of that? What are the reasons people get rejected/waitlisted? Just trying to figure out what my chances are for an acceptance....

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the interview process? What are the chances of getting accepted based off your interview? Do they just make sure you're a decent person during your interview and a good fit for the school and accept based off of that? What are the reasons people get rejected/waitlisted? Just trying to figure out what my chances are for an acceptance....

Also wondering this, can anyone elaborate?

I haven't interviewed yet - I will be interviewing on the 14th but a friend of mine interviewed back in October. He got accepted. Based on a file someone sent out post-interview acceptance is roughly 75%. Don't know how accurate this is.
I don't have specifics yet but he said the interview was really laid back and super "chill". He mentioned that they asked questions about his life and upbringings and generally were just looking to see how he was as a person.
If I get more specific details, I'll post. Will also post details after my interview.
All best!

Anyone who interviewed on 11-16 get a call yet? I am holding my breath waiting for a call today... I really want to get in to this school!

Anyone who interviewed on 11-16 get a call yet? I am holding my breath waiting for a call today... I really want to get in to this school!

Haven't heard anything yet, I also love this school! When do you think we would hear back? Hoping for good news for us both!

Haven't heard anything yet, I also love this school! When do you think we would hear back? Hoping for good news for us both!

I thought they said it would be today or tomorrow. They could be busy. I also hope we both get in! Please post if you hear from them!

I got my call on a Saturday at 4pm don’t be scared if you miss it either, they tell you in the message you’ll be receiving your acceptance letter in the mail. Good luck guys

And coming from someone who was super nervous for the interview, it went great! Think of solid questions for the school because of course they will ask you that towards the end. Be nice, be friendly, and have fun :)) even make friends at it!! I did and now my new found buddy and I want to be roommates when we start!

The school is absolutely gorgeous and the facilities are very new. And I advise going to the dinner the night before! It really helped calm my nerves and you see how bubbly and amazing current students are :))

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I got my call on a Saturday at 4pm don’t be scared if you miss it either, they tell you in the message you’ll be receiving your acceptance letter in the mail. Good luck guys

And coming from someone who was super nervous for the interview, it went great! Think of solid questions for the school because of course they will ask you that towards the end. Be nice, be friendly, and have fun :)) even make friends at it!! I did and now my new found buddy and I want to be roommates when we start!

The school is absolutely gorgeous and the facilities are very new. And I advise going to the dinner the night before! It really helped calm my nerves and you see how bubbly and amazing current students are :))

Can you PM me some details from your interview? Also, do you know if anyone from your group was waitlisted or how many waitlisted students they have right now?

Just got my acceptance call around 4:15 CST today!! So excited! Hope that anyone else who interviewed on 11/16 gets their call tonight too!

No call for me I am losing hope for this cycle. The thought of having to reapply next cycle is excruciating. I am very happy for those of you who have been accepted!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No call for me I am losing hope for this cycle. The thought of having to reapply next cycle is excruciating. I am very happy for those of you who have been accepted!

I know a person. That person was on the waitlist and got acceptance in June right before the school started.

I live in Knoxville (less than 5 mins from the new campus) and I also go to Armour Gym. If anyone has questions about the area feel free to PM me. I've lived here my whole life.
I have a question about the driving across Smoky Mountain. I plan to visit LMU Knoxville campus this coming Saturday. I plan to drive from here Greensboro NC to Knoxville TN. But the weather channel predicted there will be 5 inches snow around this mountainous area. Is it safe to drive on i40 between Ashville NC and Knoxville TN under 5 inches snow? I drive a low profile coupe without AWD.

I have a question about the driving across Smoky Mountain. I plan to visit LMU Knoxville campus this coming Saturday. I plan to drive from here Greensboro NC to Knoxville TN. But the weather channel predicted there will be 5 inches snow around this mountainous area. Is it safe to drive on i40 between Ashville NC and Knoxville TN under 5 inches snow? I drive a low profile coupe without AWD.

Short answer; no. You should make other arrangements. Leave earlier and stay until the roads are clear. DCOM is beautifully situated in the mountains, which would be treacherous in wintery conditions. Tennessee does not have a huge snow-clearing budget. Please stay safe.

Also didn't hear back, are we sure they called everyone yet? Hoping for the best.

I am glued to my phone and holding my breath.

Pretty sure harrogate has one snow plow max

Current students, do you have recommendation for housing? Like an apartment for a couple, that is good price and comes with good things?

Current students, do you have recommendation for housing? Like an apartment for a couple, that is good price and comes with good things?

I'm also wondering this, and how do you find off-campus housing? I have been checking Zillow and ApartmentFInder but am finding very little. Maybe more will pop up on the site once spring rolls around and people start moving?

Where is this school with interviews? I was complete at the end of august and havent heard anything.

Tk rentals or ball realty. I was at ball it was decent. I heard tk was better. Jump on it fast they fill up. Stay away the inn it isn’t good and it’s expensive

If you have family’s middlesboro is good bc u can get medicaid and such. It’s much harder in TN to qualify. But for the under 26 club it’s worth being in harrogate as middlesboro is pretty sketchy and takes more commute time. Middlesboro is cheaper though but again sketch af.

I'm also wondering this, and how do you find off-campus housing? I have been checking Zillow and ApartmentFInder but am finding very little. Maybe more will pop up on the site once spring rolls around and people start moving?

Check out dcomdo.com - that's where I found my place in Middlesboro. Also, Middlesboro is not SUPER sketchy, especially if you're coming from a big city. I was fine walking out of my apartment at all hours of the day/night. And the commute time is just a few minutes extra because you're going thru the tunnel. A lot of my friends preferred to live in Middlesboro because all the grocery stores, etc were on this side of the tunnel. PM if you have any other questions.

I interviewed Nov 16 and havent still heard anything back ..... :(

I interviewed Nov 16 and havent still heard anything back ..... :(
I am pretty sure they said it could take up to 1 to 2 weeks. I asked and was told the admissions committee wont meet until tomorrow. Hang in there! My friend got accepted 1 1/2 weeks after his interview!

Just withdrew my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 5 users
Paid the deposit and just got my conformation. All in for this school now. Is there a Facebook group for those accepted and paid? I've made my FB hard to find so I'm not sure if ill be able to get an invite from the school.

I interviewed on 11/16 and got an acceptance call around noon today! I’m so excited!!