2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does housing work during your third and fourth year btw for the non-elective rotations? I'm assuming most of the class rotate in the same core sites, so do you just communicate between students to do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about this campus preference email? Is the class size increasing or
What? Email says they talked about this on interview day but I don’t remember it at all.

I hope they aren’t increasing the class size, it’s already too big.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the accepted ppl (first of all congrats!!), are you thinking of staying on the main campus in Harrogate or be at the new Knoxville campus for first and second years?

I sent the email stating my first preference in Knoxville. I feel like being closer to a larger city will provide many more opportunities for volunteer/extracurriculars and ways to relieve stress.

That being said, the final decision is still made by the admissions committee so no guarantees.

Hi guys - I am a current 1st year student at LMUDCOM! I have an extra furnished bedroom with a bathroom. If anyone is interested, I am willing to rent it out for interview days. It will help with my rent as well. I am thinking around 40$/night. PM me if interested.

Anyone know where the Knoxville campus will be located? I'm torn on choosing where to go.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any links to pictures or anything of the Knoxville campus?
Yeah this is a tough decision knowing nothing about the new campus. I also have a ton of questions on housing and if we'd have to shuttle back and forth between schools if we go to the knoxville campus.

Reactions: 1 user
I echo what others say about wanting to know more about the other campus in Knoxville?

Hey does anyone mind sharing how long it took for them to get the complete email please? I’ve been waiting for about two weeks now but I’m not sure if this is normal

Hey does anyone mind sharing how long it took for them to get the complete email please? I’ve been waiting for about two weeks now but I’m not sure if this is normal

It took me nearly a month. Others here have said similarly, with ranges from 3-4 weeks.

This whole process is doing wonders for my anxiety.

They are backlogged. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive a response or confirmation regarding campus preference yet?

Yeah I did yesterday. Still haven't received a reply from them after though.

You mean you got a confirmation about your campus preference already or just an email about the available options?

You mean you got a confirmation about your campus preference already or just an email about the available options?

Just the email about preference. I emailed them after that and have heard nothing else.

for those applying here (esp to new campus) literally the school was just put on heightened monitoring so it is still up in the air if knoxville will be accredited.

Just look at this school's shady history with their law school.

Heightened monitoring= 2 steps above probation.- google "coca actions"

Be wary before accepting. They never mention this stuff at deans hours this year but apparently the class ahead of mine had lots of board failures (the current third years) and they are trying to fix out board schedule but who knows how that will go

for those applying here (esp to new campus) literally the school was just put on heightened monitoring so it is still up in the air if knoxville will be accredited.

Be wary before accepting. They never mention this stuff at deans hours this year but apparently the class ahead of mine had lots of board failures (the current third years) and they are trying to fix out board schedule but who knows how that will go

The Harrogate campus has that issue or just Knoxville? Of the four acceptances I have, I had this school and KYCOM pikeville in a tie as of right now. This may be a deciding factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a link of what actions you are referring to, i can't find anything specific relating to LMU

Is this FUD?

The Harrogate campus has that issue or just Knoxville? Of the four acceptances I have, I had this school and KYCOM pikeville in a tie as of right now. This may be a deciding factor

4 acceptances, I wouldn't risk it myself. But where are your acceptances from?

I found it just Google 'COCA final actions' and it's the most recent one from September this year
Just read it. Interesting! It says their status indicates that "fewer than three standards are non-compliant" - I'm now curious on which standards they are slacking on.

yes sorry all that I could not post the link. it is not FUD. I won't throw out info that cannot be verified by google
I do not know what they were at fault on but very few schools are ever placed on heightened monitoring and due to the relatively low standards of COCA, to be slapped on the wrist by them is probably no laughing matter.

As for the dude above, its early in the cycle, I would no limit myself to pikeville and DCOM. You have a 521 MCAT which is better than any med school and even with a not so great GPA I assure you you can do better than DCOM or pikeville my friend.
Wait it out you will get more.

I cannot find any sure fire news on the new location in knox. As per one document on COCA (again I cannot post it) it states DCOM has two campuses, but as the May 2018 COCA ACTIONS form states, it is still in the air of whether or not it will get the green light and the 2018 sept does not mention the new site but actually places DCOM on high monitoring

EVEN IF it gets a green light, bear in mind DCOM in its current state has hit or miss rotation sites. Hit as in pretty good, decent location in cities, MISS as in BFE nowhere community programs with little or NO resident contact. Having a core rotation at a community hospital far from academic centers is more loss than win. We have also lost clinical sites in the recent past. So I am very anxious to see how DCOM in its current state has enough rotation sites set up for another campus. We can barely get enough rotation slots in knoxville as it is now, do not think with this new campus they will suddenly pop up. You will most likely be sent to smaller sites far from KNOX/

Does anyone know this schools COMLEX averageS?

last year (CO 2019) COMLEX average was 557 national and like 527 DCOM. bear in mind this year was abnormally high as a national average and this year the scores were more than likely knocked down. LMU DCOM has had traditionally below average comlex scores vs national average. (previously usually national average was around 520 and dcom was in the 490s)

We will not have CO 2020 score averages back until next summer

Okay there is so much negativity on this thread all of a sudden. Do not let anonymous trolls try and sway your decisions either way. These people are again anonymous and scared to reveal their identity so they put other people down and throw out exaggerated false claims about schools to make you drop your acceptance. If you liked the school and felt that it was a good fit for you then go. I personally loved Lincoln and Pikeville and got accepted into both. It’s ridiculous to say that “you can do better my friend” when the school you choose is completly subjective to one’s own needs and desires. I truly hope the trolls above find something better with their time and lives then to put others down in an anonymous thread. You’re better than that “my friend”. Honestly the things in this thread stated recently have no basis or truth and are obvious attempts to put others down. If you have serious questions about the school then contact the administrators and admissions.

4 acceptances, I wouldn't risk it myself. But where are your acceptances from?

CCOM, WVSOM, KYCOM, LMU

I know CCOM has the best reputation but I didn’t like the atmosphere and the city was too big so I have it down to the other 3 right now. Also waiting to hear back post interview from DMU and LECOM

CCOM, WVSOM, KYCOM, LMU

I know CCOM has the best reputation but I didn’t like the atmosphere and the city was too big so I have it down to the other 3 right now. Also waiting to hear back post interview from DMU and LECOM

That is fantastic that you have so many acceptances and schools to choose from. Please don’t let trolls put you down by saying “they wouldn’t risk it.” Lincoln is a great school, based on my interview, as well as Pikeville. You should go to whichever school you feel the most comfortable at because that’s where you’ll find the most success. Reputation doesn’t matter if you’re not happy at the school. Best of luck!

That is fantastic that you have so many acceptances and schools to choose from. Please don’t let trolls put you down by saying “they wouldn’t risk it.” Lincoln is a great school, based on my interview, as well as Pikeville. You should go to whichever school you feel the most comfortable at because that’s where you’ll find the most success. Reputation doesn’t matter if you’re not happy at the school. Best of luck!
Woa, not a troll... Just after reading stuff about a "probation ?" And lower scores, etc... I wouldn't put it on the high list. Just my personal thoughts. Nothing to start a battle over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Just so everyone knows, the Knoxville campus is already accredited under the Harrogate campus

lol let me know how it goes when you actually matriculate. everything I said was true so take off those rose colored glasses premed
if you dont believe me look on COCA website if you even know what that is lmao

Thank you! email! I was complete July 25, so a looonggg wait!! Interview next Friday the 26 :)

Oh wow, I think I was complete around 9/19 so I have a while, do you happen to remember the potential dates available for interviewing and was the 26th the most recent one?

Oh wow, I think I was complete around 9/19 so I have a while, do you happen to remember the potential dates available for interviewing and was the 26th the most recent one?
yeah! it was 26, and then Nov 2 and 9