2018-2019 Mercer University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted more than a month after they interviewed? Curious if they actually look in the meetings following or just wait until waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

No call or email received last night or this morning. Does anyone know when to expect a rejection or rolled-over-to-next-month email?

No call or email received last night or this morning. Does anyone know when to expect a rejection or rolled-over-to-next-month email?
I don't think they're giving out any decisions other than acceptances right now. This is only my experience but I have not heard back and I interviewed quite a while ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they're giving out any decisions other than acceptances right now. This is only my experience but I have not heard back and I interviewed quite a while ago.
I think this is the case. I interviewed on the 9th of October and still haven't heard anything. Pretty irritating but I think it means I have been rolled over twice now. Starting to think I am going to end up high on the waitlist (hopefully).

Don’t fret if you haven’t gotten accepted yet guys! Never lose hope! I waited like 5 months for my acceptance lol

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Which campus did you guys interview at? Have you received the official acceptance email yet?

Interviewed in Macon on October 16! Have received official acceptance email but not follow-up with further information at this point in time.

Just as an FYI, I’m non-traditional, from rural Georgia, and have interest in practicing in underserved and/or rural area and stated this pretty blatantly during my process. As has been mentioned before, not a prerequisite for admission but I know they take the mission very seriously!

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t fret if you haven’t gotten accepted yet guys! Never lose hope! I waited like 5 months for my acceptance lol

Thanks for always being reassuring, this process is all too stressful and anxiety inducing..

Congrats! Which campus did you guys interview at? Have you received the official acceptance email yet?
I also interviewed at the Macon campus, 11/6/18. I have received two emails from Mercer regarding acceptance, but am still awaiting on the “electronic acceptance pack”. As the other poster mentioned, I am from rural Georgia and have a huge desire to return to my hometown to practice. I fit the mission like a glove. However, be prepared to be “challenged” in your interview. I was put on the spot several times about things I did not know the answer to, but I think my interviewer was just trying to gauge how I would handle a stressful situation. I remained relaxed and at some points I even said,” I’m not sure, I’ve never thought about it that way”. All worked out in the end.

I also interviewed at the Macon campus, 11/6/18. I have received two emails from Mercer regarding acceptance, but am still awaiting on the “electronic acceptance pack”. As the other poster mentioned, I am from rural Georgia and have a huge desire to return to my hometown to practice. I fit the mission like a glove. However, be prepared to be “challenged” in your interview. I was put on the spot several times about things I did not know the answer to, but I think my interviewer was just trying to gauge how I would handle a stressful situation. I remained relaxed and at some points I even said,” I’m not sure, I’ve never thought about it that way”. All worked out in the end.
+1 with the challenging interview. I interviewed recently, so hopefully it went well... Echoing Eagle, just remain calm and answer naturally. I left that interview knowing there wasn't a question set that could have properly prepared me for that. Don't be afraid to admit that "I don't know" or "I honestly haven't considered that before", just be sure to follow those answers with thoughtful reflections. Good luck to future interviewees!!

Ah okay, just curious because I interviewed at the Savannah campus last month. Apparently, Savannah and Macon have separate adcoms, but that's based off what someone said in here. Has anyone who interviewed at Savannah heard anything?

Ah okay, just curious because I interviewed at the Savannah campus last month. Apparently, Savannah and Macon have separate adcoms, but that's based off what someone said in here. Has anyone who interviewed at Savannah heard anything?

From my knowledge the two schools still meet together to discuss Canidates before making a decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 10/25 and did not receive an email or a call last week :(

I know waiting is a painful process, but for whatever it's worth, my roommate and I and several others I know of in our class didn't get our acceptances until April 30th (I also know of at least one person who got their acceptance much later than that). One thing to keep in mind is Mercer's waitlist sees a good bit of movement as people drop their acceptances to go to MCG.

Reactions: 2 users
I know waiting is a painful process, but for whatever it's worth, my roommate and I and several others I know of in our class didn't get our acceptances until April 30th (I also know of at least one person who got their acceptance much later than that). One thing to keep in mind is Mercer's waitlist sees a good bit of movement as people drop their acceptances to go to MCG.

Also a member of the April 30th club!!! And one of my classmates got the call like two days before orientation (Btw, any Savannah campus people, get to know naway and her roommate in real life, I can attest they’re great ️)

Also a member of the April 30th club!!! And one of my classmates got the call like two days before orientation (Btw, any Savannah campus people, get to know naway and her roommate in real life, I can attest they’re great ️)

Aww, shucks. Luxaeterna6 is also super rad even if she chose the wrong campus, so I mean, if y'all HAVE to wind up at the inferior campus, def get to know her. ;) :kiss:

That's SUPER relieving to hear! Thanks for the much needed support, it really helps me hold out hope! I am praying Mercer will show me some love this cycle. I'd love to get to know you and luxaeterna as classmates! :shifty:

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow in Savannah? I feel like it's a super late interview. I was invited much earlier, but this was the only date that showed up as available.

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow in Savannah? I feel like it's a super late interview. I was invited much earlier, but this was the only date that showed up as available.
I interviewed in January and got in. You're fine. :) Best of luck tomorrow!

hi!!
Well I interviewed in late September and have heard nothing. Does this mean I’m rejected but they just have not communicated it yet?

Definitely not, if you haven’t gotten a rejection yet that means you’re still in the running!

I interviewed in Savannah last Tuesday. The same thing happened to me as well. I was invited early October.

I was also invited in October, and my earliest available date was December in Savannah! Earliest Macon date was in January

If I have not received interview invite yet, can I just assume I am done? Wii they send rejection letter to those who did not get interviews as well?

If I have not received interview invite yet, can I just assume I am done? Wii they send rejection letter to those who did not get interviews as well?
Yes, they will send you a rejection if they will not be sending an interview invite. Don't give up yet though!

If anyone is here already for tomorrow's interview and wants to get dinner, I'd love to poke around Macon for a bit with someone! Let me know!

If you don’t get an interview by Jan 18th you should assume you’ve been rejected.

I think I saw in the packet information that Mercer will be issuing us stethoscopes, correct? I was also wondering if the school issues out computers that we are able to use while we are students? I am doubtful on this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I think I saw in the packet information that Mercer will be issuing us stethoscopes, correct? I was also wondering if the school issues out computers that we are able to use while we are students? I am doubtful on this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Yes, they will give us stethoscopes. I know I read that in the packet. Doubtful on the computers, but I cannot confirm this.

I asked this question to one of my tour guides but he wasn't sure. My guess though is that the undergrad library might have some laptops/tablets for rent and med students might be able to use them as well. If you find a definitive answer please post it, because I'd like to know!

The school doesn’t issue out computers, but you can get a computer allowance through your loans. Ask financial aid when the time comes :)

I asked this question to one of my tour guides but he wasn't sure. My guess though is that the undergrad library might have some laptops/tablets for rent and med students might be able to use them as well. If you find a definitive answer please post it, because I'd like to know!

I went to Mercer for undergrad and I’ve honestly never heard of someone renting out laptops or tablets from the library, but who knows, maybe that is something they offer. I’d really suggest everyone have their own laptop, especially since you’ll use those to take tests

I will try to get a definite answer on the renting of laptops/tablets tomorrow (if I remember lol) :)

I am in the same boat. I was hoping for an interview too! I called and was told we can send updates to the admissions email.

Does anyone know what the requirements for grades are in terms of maintaining them through until you are rewarded your degree? The acceptance packet mentions just finishing all pre-recs and having a degree but I was just wondering if Mercer requires written explanations for grades that are Cs. Don't have that issue now but I will be taking a very notorious upper level biology course next semester and I want to see what the consensus was!

I've never heard of anyone renting out laptops on the Savannah campus either, though I do remember them saying during orientation week that they have some laptops we can borrow if our computers decide to crap out on us on an exam day. Would highly recommend getting your own laptop regardless. You don't need anything sophisticated. Lots of people have expensive MACs and such, but I have a PC I paid $350 for that is getting me by just fine.

Has anyone who interviewed the week after thanksgiving heard back yet? I’m assuming next wave of acceptance is this Friday

Has anyone who interviewed the week after thanksgiving heard back yet? I’m assuming next wave of acceptance is this Friday
I don’t think anyone from November has heard back yet and hopefully tomorrow is the big day!

I take that back, I believe the first week of November has heard back. I interviewed second week and I haven’t heard back yet.

Yeah I was just wondering if anyone got a call last night since it looks like last wave started receiving calls on Wednesday night

Yeah I was just wondering if anyone got a call last night since it looks like last wave started receiving calls on Wednesday night

I believe they meet every third Wednesday of the month. So it will be next week if that’s the case.

Anybody gotten any calls?
Im in a masters program at the medical school and was told the comittee gets out of their meeting at 7. So we probably wont hear anything until after 7

I got the email just a few minutes ago! So happy to have an acceptance here! (My first one)

Reactions: 7 users