2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know where to find the list of clinical rotations? I remember seeing it at the interview but I was hoping to research my options before I have to decide.

Members don't see this ad.

I was never on that so this is just somethings I know my classmates did. Send any meaningful updates you have. Do NOT send an update for the sake of sending an update. Write an LOI only if you are serious about it being your first choice. Do NOT keep calling the admissions office. If you annoy them too much it can adversely affect your chances

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, i misread the original post!. Do we know if there is much pre-interview waitlist movement from this school?

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry, i misread the original post!. Do we know if there is much pre-interview waitlist movement from this school?

Typically, minimal movement from pre-interview waitlist in years past

Reactions: 1 user
Could any current students comment on how important it would be to live close to the school? I currently live near downtown Phoenix and it would be great to save on the moving cost and just commute everyday, however I worry that the drive will become an issue. Is it reasonable to drive 30 minures one way to class or am I putting an unnecessary burden on myself? Thank you!!

If you can avoid the 10, you could probably make it in twenty minutes. Traffic is usually going the opposite way on the 17 & the 101 anyways. Just plan accordingly. Thursday mornings you'll have Clinical Med which is a mandatory 8am. Other than that and some exams, you shouldn't need to make too many rush hour commutes.

Reactions: 1 users
Any times on how to speed it along?
Sending an LOi if it really is your top choice can help or sending any legitimate updates to your app. The biggest thing is to not contact the admissions office so many times they get annoyed with you.

Sending an LOi if it really is your top choice can help or sending any legitimate updates to your app. The biggest thing is to not contact the admissions office so many times they get annoyed with you.

Can you send a LOI pre interview? Or is that just considered an update letter?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Do admissions accept update letters from applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you send a LOI pre interview? Or is that just considered an update letter?

I think a LOI pre-interview would be a little presumptuous. Best to send an update letter

Will be interviewing this Tuesday (01/15). Excited to check out this school! If anybody wants to share their interview experience, etc that would be very helpful!

Will be interviewing this Tuesday (01/15). Excited to check out this school! If anybody wants to share their interview experience, etc that would be very helpful!

Hi Shelbybro,

Going to echo others' sentiments, know your CV and application. The actual interview was very much a conversation - they are assessing your fit and want to know how your experiences have shaped you. Be yourself, be confident in your experiences, and have fun. I interviewed a few months ago and one of my favorite things about the day was getting to know the fellow applicants throughout the day. The school really good job of showing you what sets them apart, while keeping it casual. Hope this is helpful, best of luck!

Hi Shelbybro,

Going to echo others' sentiments, know your CV and application. The actual interview was very much a conversation - they are assessing your fit and want to know how your experiences have shaped you. Be yourself, be confident in your experiences, and have fun. I interviewed a few months ago and one of my favorite things about the day was getting to know the fellow applicants throughout the day. The school really good job of showing you what sets them apart, while keeping it casual. Hope this is helpful, best of luck!
Thanks for your reply! I'm glad that it is more conversational. How is the day structured and about how many fellow interviewees were there?

Had my interview and felt that it went pretty decent. The interview itself felt very conversational and I'm glad that I was able to get that out of the way first thing in the morning. Really like the school, faculty, and their really impressive residency placement. My only concern is the really high tuition cost. Apparently, I can hear back by the end of this month? If so, that's a really fast turnaround time and I'm looking forward to what the school decides!

Had my interview and felt that it went pretty decent. The interview itself felt very conversational and I'm glad that I was able to get that out of the way first thing in the morning. Really like the school, faculty, and their really impressive residency placement. My only concern is the really high tuition cost. Apparently, I can hear back by the end of this month? If so, that's a really fast turnaround time and I'm looking forward to what the school decides!
Glad to hear it went well! The turn around times in this thread have been pretty fast.

Has anyone from the post-interview alternate list heard anything?

Last edited:
Great to hear that! Are you likely to attend if you are accepted? And how much is the deposit?
I have an interview 1/18 here. Did not know that their tuition was so high before I applied lol...Hope it's worth it?

Great to hear that! Are you likely to attend if you are accepted? And how much is the deposit?
I have an interview 1/18 here. Did not know that their tuition was so high before I applied lol...Hope it's worth it?
I really liked this school, so I’m inclined to attend if accepted. Their recent class had a really good match, like 2 people matched to plastics. I also like that they talked about a bunch of research possibilities. Campus is super nice as well, with all the amenities the school has to offer. Yeah it’s the tuition that’s the downside.

Glad to hear it went well! The turn around times in this thread have been pretty fast.

Has anyone from the post-interview alternate list heard anything?
They said there isn't going to be much movement until April.. It is kind of a waiting game at this point.

Quick Question: Did y'all send thank you notes just to the two interviewers?

Also, am I the only one curious as to why the class is 66% male? My interview group was about 75% male as well. Are they actively seeking out males?

Last edited:
Quick Question: Did y'all send thank you notes just to the two interviewers?

Also, I'm I the only one curious as to why the class is 66% male? My interview group was about 75% male as well. Are they actively seeking out males?

I haven't sent any thank you notes and I didn't collect any info from my interviewers :(.

In my interview group, there were definitely more females than males (I think there were 5 males in my group and like 10 females?). I doubt they're actively seeking out males and that your group just happened to have more males. Is the recent class 66% male?

I haven't sent any thank you notes and I didn't collect any info from my interviewers :(.

In my interview group, there were definitely more females than males (I think there were 5 males in my group and like 10 females?). I doubt they're actively seeking out males and that your group just happened to have more males. Is the recent class 66% male?
I didn't collect their information either, I think you can email admissions and they'll forward them to your interviewers (if you still have that little interview sheet, the names of your interviewers are listed).

And yeah, 66%! Maybe it's an aberration, but 165 males out of 250 students seems fairly significant.

APPROVED CLASS SIZE 250
Class of 2022 Profiles (Admissions Statistics)

• Female: 34%
  • Male: 66%
  • Average Age: 25
  • Average Overall GPA: 3.54
  • Average Science GPA: 3.48
  • Average Composite MCAT: 508
  • Class Size: 252
  • Top Home States: Arizona, California, Utah, Illinois and Texas

I didn't collect their information either, I think you can email admissions and they'll forward them to your interviewers (if you still have that little interview sheet, the names of your interviewers are listed).

And yeah, 66%! Maybe it's an aberration, but 165 males out of 250 students seems fairly significant.

APPROVED CLASS SIZE 250

Is the average MCAT score correct? I thought it was around 505. Based on my understanding, that would be one of the highest MCAT averages for all DO schools.

Is the average MCAT score correct? I thought it was around 505. Based on my understanding, that would be one of the highest MCAT averages for all DO schools.
Those are the numbers they have listed on their website under "fast facts." At their interview they indicated that they were constantly striving to improve their COMLEX scores. The best predictor of high COMLEX1/STEP1 scores is high MCAT scores, so one of their chess moves may be to accept higher MCAT students.

Wow that’s a crazy fast turnaround. I interviewed the day after haha
They had really quick turn around overall which is greatly appreciated. I submitted my medical school applications 12/04/2018 and had an II less than three hours later from them. I am overall pleased they do not keep people hanging in the balance. The four other interviews I was offered took about three weeks for offers ( which I guess is still relatively quick) and some of my applications are still processing ( are not completed yet). It is already stressful enough. Hope you get good news soon try not to stress. I am sure you will get in.

They had really quick turn around overall which is greatly appreciated. I submitted my medical school applications 12/04/2018 and had an II less than three hours later from them. I am overall pleased they do not keep people hanging in the balance. The four other interviews I was offered took about three weeks for offers ( which I guess is still relatively quick) and some of my applications are still processing ( are not completed yet). It is already stressful enough. Hope you get good news soon try not to stress. I am sure you will get in.
May I ask what are your stats? Wondering if they are inclined to accept high stats people first, especially since people have been saying they like to see high MCAT scores.

I was browsing through my Midwestern portal page and noticed an "Accepted Checklist" under the "Post Accepted" link. I clicked it and found a link for deposit, matriculation agreement form and a few other things like transcripts and prereqs. I haven't received any email from the school and was wondering if this is a sign of good news? I saw some post previously in this thread and see that some people were accepted and some were waitlisted, so I'm slightly confused. If anybody can clarify that would be great! Thanks!

I was browsing through my Midwestern portal page and noticed an "Accepted Checklist" under the "Post Accepted" link. I clicked it and found a link for deposit, matriculation agreement form and a few other things like transcripts and prereqs. I haven't received any email from the school and was wondering if this is a sign of good news? I saw some post previously in this thread and see that some people were accepted and some were waitlisted, so I'm slightly confused. If anybody can clarify that would be great! Thanks!
If you are able to submit a deposit you are accepted

Received my first II this cycle from Midwestern last week. Wasn't complete until mid-December. Stay hopeful, friends!

Accepted!! Interview 1/16

Yes! And a phone call. The interviewer also responded to my thank you e-mail.

Nice! May I ask what your portal shows when you login? I saw a link to place a deposit in mine but I haven’t received any official email or phone call so I don’t want to get my hopes up if it’s a glitch in the system.

Nice! May I ask what your portal shows when you login? I saw a link to place a deposit in mine but I haven’t received any official email or phone call so I don’t want to get my hopes up if it’s a glitch in the system.
Ur accepted congrats

Got the official accepted email just now! Very excited and happy! After all the premed struggles, I’m glad to say that I survived and it paid off!

Regarding prereqs, I have a C- in gen chem and C- in physics 1, that is preventing me from completion. How would I approach this and does anybody have any experience regarding this? I really hope I don’t have to take gen chem again (I’ve taken undergrad and grad biochem if that means anything) but for physics I’ve taken two other courses that I’ve significantly improved in.

Lastly, I’m glad to help out anybody here or you can DM me. I’ve been struggling for so long and I’ve only made it this far with help from others and I’m glad to return the favor and lend a hand.

Reactions: 3 users

APPROVED CLASS SIZE 250

The class is definitely weighted towards the males most years. I dont think this is done on purpose. From my understanding the accepted rate is a bit closer to 50/50.

have there been any pre-II rejections at this school or do they just put people on interview-hold? was placed on interview hold within a week of submitting in July and trying to decide if it's worth updating the school or not. if there have not been any pre-II R's yet, then i might just have a soft-rejection till later. any input?

Last edited by a moderator: